Director defends Forza 5's slender structure

#1abbeldydooPosted 11/27/2013 5:02:04 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/27/director-defends-forza-5s-slender-content/

Is being delusional a requirement for a game dev?
---
Don't mod me bro!
3DSFC - 1993-8344-2623
#2Syi_2010Posted 11/27/2013 5:03:46 PM
bigger question is, is their truely more content now then a bare bones no DLC forza 4, dont compare it to a forza 3 or 2, thats just stupid.
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember
#3abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 5:05:07 PM
Syi_2010 posted...
bigger question is, is their truely more content now then a bare bones no DLC forza 4, dont compare it to a forza 3 or 2, thats just stupid.

Yeah,i honestly laughed out loud when i read that he was saying it was better than F2......WTF!
---
Don't mod me bro!
3DSFC - 1993-8344-2623
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 11/27/2013 5:12:22 PM
Not that I think it makes any difference to point out, but the comparison he was making (re: Forza 2) was game "size and scope" in relation to new hardware launch and game release date. In that respect it makes comparative sense.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5Dr WhoopassPosted 11/27/2013 5:15:02 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Not that I think it makes any difference to point out, but the comparison he was making (re: Forza 2) was game "size and scope" in relation to new hardware launch and game release date. In that respect it makes comparative sense.

You are correct. An unbiased mind would grasp that.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#6Syi_2010Posted 11/27/2013 5:29:48 PM
Not that I think it makes any difference to point out, but the comparison he was making (re: Forza 2) was game "size and scope" in relation to new hardware launch and game release date. In that respect it makes comparative sense."

I wouldnt go that far considering the shear amount of space that is now available vs what was available at the time forza 2 came out. There was alot more restrictions on Forza 2 in terms of allowable space compared to now. I can understand a game like forza 2 having a smaller amount of initial content cause just plainly there wasnt the room available for data
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember
#7abbeldydoo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 5:30:23 PM
Let me ask Forza players this.How did you feel when you got F2 back in the day?Did you feel fully satisfied?How do you feel with F5?
---
Don't mod me bro!
3DSFC - 1993-8344-2623
#8AzaneAzerPosted 11/27/2013 5:30:59 PM
Id really hope games a gen above are better

Forza 5 unfortunately, is worse than 4 unobjectively, and is full of microscamactions.
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 11/27/2013 5:37:10 PM
Syi_2010 posted...
Not that I think it makes any difference to point out, but the comparison he was making (re: Forza 2) was game "size and scope" in relation to new hardware launch and game release date. In that respect it makes comparative sense."

I wouldnt go that far considering the shear amount of space that is now available vs what was available at the time forza 2 came out. There was alot more restrictions on Forza 2 in terms of allowable space compared to now. I can understand a game like forza 2 having a smaller amount of initial content cause just plainly there wasnt the room available for data

His comparison is not so much a matter of space issues as it is familiarity with new hardware, an updated game engine, and simply time constraints.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10Gunther482Posted 11/27/2013 5:44:23 PM
I can understand from the publisher's stand point as to why they'd want to sell as much DLC as possible, it helps their bottom line.

But from a gamer's prospective this really reminds me of a typical pay to win cash grab from your run of a mill MMO. Granted with the $60 you spend on the retail game you get a well made and fun to play game but in an awfully barebones condition. Not to mention the game is an absolute grind without experience/cash boosters (which you have to buy with cash).