Full P90x on XboxOne? NOPE. Only 1-2 programs per workout

#31rockman11_zPosted 12/2/2013 4:46:57 PM
fargas0308 posted...
I don't follow the ones they provide. I just don't eat like a slob non stop. Yes I eat pizza, chocolate, chips and other fatty cap from time to time I just don't make a habit of it like I used too.

Do you have cheat days every week?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiance of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#32TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/2/2013 4:53:11 PM(edited)
Miami Hurricanes1 posted...
glyde69 posted...
Hmm, not sure why I would want to use Xbox to do my p90 videos. I'm certainly not gonna bring my console to the garage to work out.

Lol, p90x is a tough workout. People are gonna be lining up with shoulder blowouts, hammy pops, and heart attacks and who to blame?? MICROSOFT!

If anyone is wondering, p90x is truly the real deal. I know people can say "just work out hard in your own way and u will get results." And that's true. But its a very good program and the videos can keep u focused instead of pushing for your own routine. First time I did it, I was hovering around 300 pounds. I did the score Synergistics video and I remember almost dying and being so sore I couldn't walk the next day. Fast forward 90 days and I was a 245 pound ANIMAL ripped up from every angle. The first time I did the chest and back video, the first exercise is maxing out push-ups it believe. First day, I did like 22 push-ups and almost collapsed, but by the end was doing 60 push-ups in that allotted minute. Then on the side I was running with my buddy, and banging out 5 miles in 45 minutes.

I don't mean to come off cocky or douchey, and its not my intentions with my post. I just want to let people who might be on the fence that P90X is no fad or gimmick and you WILL see crazy results if u work hard at it. I guarantee if you are a 220 pound couch potato, you will be a 185 pound machine in 90 days.

Except for the fact P90X is a gimmik. If you are fat slob any sort of exercise over 90 days will get you into better shape. However if you actually go to the gym and use weights and do proper exercises that will give you much better results. I'm 6'1 175 and could do a mile in 5:30. I decided to do the program to see how it is and yes for people who do not excercise and want to stay home and workout its fine. However those same people would be better off going online, finding some workouts and go to a Planet Fitness for 10$ a month. You'd get a better workout and you'd save some money

Sounds like you should've used heavier weights then. P90X pays for itself if you have the right equipment and you can get in excellent shape. That $10 a month for Planet Fitness doesn't factor in the cost of the gas you're burning or the time you spend commuting and waiting to use machines.

Btw I've been exercising consistently for years and P90X still gives me a great workout. My only gripe with it is the lack of good cardio, but I just do that myself.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#33TheSL1ClubPosted 12/2/2013 4:53:06 PM
LOL @ p90x on xbox one, what's next eating tofu as gamer fuel? Being watching p90x on a computer for years now, 0 problems.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#34TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/2/2013 4:55:45 PM
Funny how people will run out to spend $60 on a new game that won't work properly until it's patched but they'll find ways to get around paying (or refuse to do it altogether) like $130 for a program that will get them in great shape.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#35fargas0308Posted 12/2/2013 4:56:16 PM
rockman11_z posted...
fargas0308 posted...
I don't follow the ones they provide. I just don't eat like a slob non stop. Yes I eat pizza, chocolate, chips and other fatty cap from time to time I just don't make a habit of it like I used too.

Do you have cheat days every week?

I used to kind of do that. Like maybe on the weekend or something. After doing the workouts for a wh while you start to figure out what works for you and what does not. In fact I do a hybrid of p90 and insanity now because I think that works best for me. My wife really enjoys t25 because it's shorter and gets right to the point. She doesn't eat as much as me though either so it works for her better since it does not burn as many calories as insanity.

I got p90 for free from someone that was to lazy to stick with it. I enjoyed the results so much that I have since bought other workouts. Right now though I'm sort of taking easy because of the holidays ; )
#36Ramsus082(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 6:20:33 PM
What I'm curious about is why Microsoft/BeachBody would mislead gamers into believing that the full workout would be available with Kinect integration.....then forcing them to buy the DVD that doesn't even have Kinect integration. You mean they're allowing you to workout "in da future!" then forcing you to go back to the old ways of doing something? Seems backwards as hell.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#37Foxx3kPosted 12/2/2013 6:59:26 PM
I think it was horrendously and unacceptably misadvertised. It's a worthless waste of app if it won't support programs.

I was under the impression that the service would launch with some free trial videos, with full programs available for purchase. Instead, it's just ... nothing. No content at all.

Pathetic. Inexcusable. Another half-implemented idea for the "next generation," lumped in the rest of what PS4 and Xbox One tried to do.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#38Mez Static MerizerPosted 12/2/2013 7:21:42 PM
Did Insanity for a few months, focusing exclusively on doing Max Interval Circuit (hardest one) workout in the month 2 workouts, given that I was in pretty good shape prior to starting. Got to the point that I could do of those workouts back to back easily. Also incorporated a prison burpee routine along with MIC.

Thought it could prepare me to do 3+ miles at a 6-7 minute pace.

Boy was I wrong.

Good lifting routines (such as 5/3/1), running everyday, hill sprints, HIIT workouts, etc. are way better in increasing your fitness levels. Beachbody programs will get you to a certain level before you plateau. It'll probably prepare you for a 5K at a pretty good time, and it may help you complete a 10k but at a terribly slow time. That goes doubly for a half-marathon or marathon run.
#39I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/2/2013 8:05:25 PM
Mez Static Merizer posted...
Did Insanity for a few months, focusing exclusively on doing Max Interval Circuit (hardest one) workout in the month 2 workouts, given that I was in pretty good shape prior to starting. Got to the point that I could do of those workouts back to back easily. Also incorporated a prison burpee routine along with MIC.

Thought it could prepare me to do 3+ miles at a 6-7 minute pace.

Boy was I wrong.

Good lifting routines (such as 5/3/1), running everyday, hill sprints, HIIT workouts, etc. are way better in increasing your fitness levels. Beachbody programs will get you to a certain level before you plateau. It'll probably prepare you for a 5K at a pretty good time, and it may help you complete a 10k but at a terribly slow time. That goes doubly for a half-marathon or marathon run.

It's aerobics, obviously it won't make you a good runner.

You'll build a strong core, shred fat, and develop a solid foundation to build on. That's what aerobics does.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#40Miami Hurricanes1Posted 12/2/2013 8:32:36 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Miami Hurricanes1 posted...
glyde69 posted...
Hmm, not sure why I would want to use Xbox to do my p90 videos. I'm certainly not gonna bring my console to the garage to work out.

Lol, p90x is a tough workout. People are gonna be lining up with shoulder blowouts, hammy pops, and heart attacks and who to blame?? MICROSOFT!

If anyone is wondering, p90x is truly the real deal. I know people can say "just work out hard in your own way and u will get results." And that's true. But its a very good program and the videos can keep u focused instead of pushing for your own routine. First time I did it, I was hovering around 300 pounds. I did the score Synergistics video and I remember almost dying and being so sore I couldn't walk the next day. Fast forward 90 days and I was a 245 pound ANIMAL ripped up from every angle. The first time I did the chest and back video, the first exercise is maxing out push-ups it believe. First day, I did like 22 push-ups and almost collapsed, but by the end was doing 60 push-ups in that allotted minute. Then on the side I was running with my buddy, and banging out 5 miles in 45 minutes.

I don't mean to come off cocky or douchey, and its not my intentions with my post. I just want to let people who might be on the fence that P90X is no fad or gimmick and you WILL see crazy results if u work hard at it. I guarantee if you are a 220 pound couch potato, you will be a 185 pound machine in 90 days.

Except for the fact P90X is a gimmik. If you are fat slob any sort of exercise over 90 days will get you into better shape. However if you actually go to the gym and use weights and do proper exercises that will give you much better results. I'm 6'1 175 and could do a mile in 5:30. I decided to do the program to see how it is and yes for people who do not excercise and want to stay home and workout its fine. However those same people would be better off going online, finding some workouts and go to a Planet Fitness for 10$ a month. You'd get a better workout and you'd save some money

Sounds like you should've used heavier weights then. P90X pays for itself if you have the right equipment and you can get in excellent shape. That $10 a month for Planet Fitness doesn't factor in the cost of the gas you're burning or the time you spend commuting and waiting to use machines.

Btw I've been exercising consistently for years and P90X still gives me a great workout. My only gripe with it is the lack of good cardio, but I just do that myself.

Once again I did the program, followed everything, you get a better workout and more results going to a proper gym. There are even workouts online that can be done at home that are better than P90X, HIIT is also better than the cardio program

The only thing I could truly recommend is the stretching, yoga workouts...those are amazing