Full P90x on XboxOne? NOPE. Only 1-2 programs per workout

#41fargas0308Posted 12/3/2013 7:28:36 AM
Mez Static Merizer posted...
Did Insanity for a few months, focusing exclusively on doing Max Interval Circuit (hardest one) workout in the month 2 workouts, given that I was in pretty good shape prior to starting. Got to the point that I could do of those workouts back to back easily. Also incorporated a prison burpee routine along with MIC.

Thought it could prepare me to do 3+ miles at a 6-7 minute pace.

Boy was I wrong.

Good lifting routines (such as 5/3/1), running everyday, hill sprints, HIIT workouts, etc. are way better in increasing your fitness levels. Beachbody programs will get you to a certain level before you plateau. It'll probably prepare you for a 5K at a pretty good time, and it may help you complete a 10k but at a terribly slow time. That goes doubly for a half-marathon or marathon run.

not sure the point of this post.

where ever does it say it will get you ready for long runs??? All they talk about is losing weight and getting in shape which it does.

I can't stand running long distances.
#42fargas0308Posted 12/3/2013 7:32:41 AM
Miami Hurricanes1 posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
glyde69 posted...
Hmm, not sure why I would want to use Xbox to do my p90 videos. I'm certainly not gonna bring my console to the garage to work out.

Lol, p90x is a tough workout. People are gonna be lining up with shoulder blowouts, hammy pops, and heart attacks and who to blame?? MICROSOFT!

If anyone is wondering, p90x is truly the real deal. I know people can say "just work out hard in your own way and u will get results." And that's true. But its a very good program and the videos can keep u focused instead of pushing for your own routine. First time I did it, I was hovering around 300 pounds. I did the score Synergistics video and I remember almost dying and being so sore I couldn't walk the next day. Fast forward 90 days and I was a 245 pound ANIMAL ripped up from every angle. The first time I did the chest and back video, the first exercise is maxing out push-ups it believe. First day, I did like 22 push-ups and almost collapsed, but by the end was doing 60 push-ups in that allotted minute. Then on the side I was running with my buddy, and banging out 5 miles in 45 minutes.

I don't mean to come off cocky or douchey, and its not my intentions with my post. I just want to let people who might be on the fence that P90X is no fad or gimmick and you WILL see crazy results if u work hard at it. I guarantee if you are a 220 pound couch potato, you will be a 185 pound machine in 90 days.

Except for the fact P90X is a gimmik. If you are fat slob any sort of exercise over 90 days will get you into better shape. However if you actually go to the gym and use weights and do proper exercises that will give you much better results. I'm 6'1 175 and could do a mile in 5:30. I decided to do the program to see how it is and yes for people who do not excercise and want to stay home and workout its fine. However those same people would be better off going online, finding some workouts and go to a Planet Fitness for 10$ a month. You'd get a better workout and you'd save some money

Sounds like you should've used heavier weights then. P90X pays for itself if you have the right equipment and you can get in excellent shape. That $10 a month for Planet Fitness doesn't factor in the cost of the gas you're burning or the time you spend commuting and waiting to use machines.

Btw I've been exercising consistently for years and P90X still gives me a great workout. My only gripe with it is the lack of good cardio, but I just do that myself.

Once again I did the program, followed everything, you get a better workout and more results going to a proper gym. There are even workouts online that can be done at home that are better than P90X, HIIT is also better than the cardio program

The only thing I could truly recommend is the stretching, yoga workouts...those are amazing

also not sure what you were looking to do either. P90 and Insanity will not bulk you up...and they never claim to either.

and as far as a better workout, again that is your opinion (just like mine is different then yours.

yet again to call it a gimmick is silly and not true at all. So because I prefer the One over the PS4 makes the PS4 a gimmick as well right?
#43Exodus_PrimePosted 12/3/2013 7:32:55 AM
Apex-Player posted...
zephirraines posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
you pay for workout vids on xbox?
surely you can find utubes or streams, blogs.
must be away to see the same footage for free, no?

I ask because addons for everything is jacked, they dont even let you better yourself or get healthy for free.

1) I don't believe gamers will be able to pay for workout vids on XboxOne, no, if that's what you're asking. They say they'll be available "through BeachBody", maybe implying that they won't be available through Live. You can find all sorts of free workout videos if you search, but P90x has an excellent reputation in the states, and it's the "go-to" recommendation for workout programs.

2) There was an assumption on pretty much every consumer's part that the full programs would be available, included for a year with an Xbox Live subscription.

Well I hope you call support & they hook you up.
Aside from that, i'd try googling P90x as im sure you'll find vids somewhere its the internets.
I do think the amount of misleading xbox has done this gen is getting out of hand (false 1080p statements, snap tv for EU dont work, etc)

xbros got them to reverse absurdity, hopefully you all band together & make xbox cough up what they 'implied' they would do. (with everything)

Looks at your sig. Looks at your post. Thinks of knack. Thinks of you paying for psn. Laughs at another pony.

enjoy the less is more approach this entire gen. enjoy an entire gen of being so last gen your 720p is showing. Enjoy that for years to come.

On topic, i am sincerely sorry microsoft ripped off another consumer with faulty advertising. I experienced RROD, and I moved forward to a better more reliable company because of it.
hope to see you on ps4 someday.

Yes because 1080p and 60fps sure helped Killzone/Knack get 9's across the board, but why you mad though. Oh right the RROD.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#44darkwizard3533Posted 12/3/2013 8:38:07 AM
my problem with this isn't that p90x or insanity are bad workouts. they are actually great (but require some level of fitness to start). my problem is that i wont' have the full series available on xbox fitness.

and i thought that was the POINT. to use the kinect camera for scoring, watching form and heart rate. if i have to load up a separate workout dvd t hat doesn't use kinect for the rest of the workouts there is no point in doing itfor the handful they have on the fitness app.

the whole thing is stupid.

just get a good heart rate monitor and find the videos on youtube or buy the dvd's.

there is no reason to use the fitness app at all right now.
#45True2TheGamePosted 12/3/2013 9:13:55 AM
Holy Crap, are people really up in arms about this? Let's get real here anyone buying the xbox with xbox fitness as a major selling point needs to stop playing games and just go to the gym.
---
Michelle Branch is HOT
#46Mez Static MerizerPosted 12/3/2013 10:01:03 AM
fargas0308 posted...
Did Insanity for a few months, focusing exclusively on doing Max Interval Circuit (hardest one) workout in the month 2 workouts, given that I was in pretty good shape prior to starting. Got to the point that I could do of those workouts back to back easily. Also incorporated a prison burpee routine along with MIC.

Boy was I wrong.

Good lifting routines (such as 5/3/1), running everyday, hill sprints, HIIT workouts, etc. are way better in increasing your fitness levels. Beachbody programs will get you to a certain level before you plateau. It'll probably prepare you for a 5K at a pretty good time, and it may help you complete a 10k but at a terribly slow time. That goes doubly for a half-marathon or marathon run.

where ever does it say it will get you ready for long runs??? All they talk about is losing weight and getting in shape which it does.

Point is that there are way better workouts to increase your fitness levels, if how much/how fast one can run and how much one can lift are measures of those levels. Admittedly, I was naive to believe that Insanity would prepare me for long distance running. Did the program get me in more shape than I already was? Sure; however, in retrospect, if all Insanity could do is get me in shape while other workouts can take you beyond that, then I feel like I could've gotten in way better shape at a higher fitness level had I gone to the gym, followed a good lifting routine, and ran everyday, as I am doing now.
#47TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/3/2013 11:59:53 AM
fargas0308 posted...

Boy was I wrong.

Point is that there are way better workouts to increase your fitness levels, if how much/how fast one can run and how much one can lift are measures of those levels. Admittedly, I was naive to believe that Insanity would prepare me for long distance running. Did the program get me in more shape than I already was? Sure; however, in retrospect, if all Insanity could do is get me in shape while other workouts can take you beyond that, then I feel like I could've gotten in way better shape at a higher fitness level had I gone to the gym, followed a good lifting routine, and ran everyday, as I am doing now.

The only things you need to be a good distance runner is a good pair of running shoes and the outdoors. You don't need anything else.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#48TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/3/2013 12:10:14 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
glyde69 posted...
Hmm, not sure why I would want to use Xbox to do my p90 videos. I'm certainly not gonna bring my console to the garage to work out.

Lol, p90x is a tough workout. People are gonna be lining up with shoulder blowouts, hammy pops, and heart attacks and who to blame?? MICROSOFT!

If anyone is wondering, p90x is truly the real deal. I know people can say "just work out hard in your own way and u will get results." And that's true. But its a very good program and the videos can keep u focused instead of pushing for your own routine. First time I did it, I was hovering around 300 pounds. I did the score Synergistics video and I remember almost dying and being so sore I couldn't walk the next day. Fast forward 90 days and I was a 245 pound ANIMAL ripped up from every angle. The first time I did the chest and back video, the first exercise is maxing out push-ups it believe. First day, I did like 22 push-ups and almost collapsed, but by the end was doing 60 push-ups in that allotted minute. Then on the side I was running with my buddy, and banging out 5 miles in 45 minutes.

I don't mean to come off cocky or douchey, and its not my intentions with my post. I just want to let people who might be on the fence that P90X is no fad or gimmick and you WILL see crazy results if u work hard at it. I guarantee if you are a 220 pound couch potato, you will be a 185 pound machine in 90 days.

Except for the fact P90X is a gimmik. If you are fat slob any sort of exercise over 90 days will get you into better shape. However if you actually go to the gym and use weights and do proper exercises that will give you much better results. I'm 6'1 175 and could do a mile in 5:30. I decided to do the program to see how it is and yes for people who do not excercise and want to stay home and workout its fine. However those same people would be better off going online, finding some workouts and go to a Planet Fitness for 10$ a month. You'd get a better workout and you'd save some money

Sounds like you should've used heavier weights then. P90X pays for itself if you have the right equipment and you can get in excellent shape. That $10 a month for Planet Fitness doesn't factor in the cost of the gas you're burning or the time you spend commuting and waiting to use machines.

Btw I've been exercising consistently for years and P90X still gives me a great workout. My only gripe with it is the lack of good cardio, but I just do that myself.

Once again I did the program, followed everything, you get a better workout and more results going to a proper gym. There are even workouts online that can be done at home that are better than P90X, HIIT is also better than the cardio program

The only thing I could truly recommend is the stretching, yoga workouts...those are amazing

Well being that you're 6'1" and 175, I'd rather not take your advice. I'm about your height and I was stuck at 165 for ages before doing P90X. Now I'm 195 and in the best shape of my life. I'll admit that you beat me by about a minute in a mile run, but as I said before, P90X isn't that great with cardio training. Adding running on the treadmill 4 days a week for a couple months will get me at your level.

I've already done the gym thing as a teenager and I prefer P90X at home with my own equipment. P90X is as hard or as easy as you want it to be. The only advantages a gym has are women (got one already), treadmills (I can just run outside and it's a better workout), and a bench press/squat rack (which I'm not into so I don't miss it).
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#49Mez Static MerizerPosted 12/3/2013 12:20:42 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
fargas0308 posted...

Boy was I wrong.

The only things you need to be a good distance runner is a good pair of running shoes and the outdoors. You don't need anything else.

Agreed? It follows that being a good distance runner will get you in shape with constant progression with no ceiling for growth, unlike programs like P90x and Insanity where there is a plateau. Funny how to be as fit as possible, all you do need are shoes (barefoot/minimalist shoes preferably) and the outdoors. Lifting, especially a 5/3/1 routine, will not just continuously improve your strength gains but will also contribute to your running performance.
#50fargas0308Posted 12/3/2013 12:51:08 PM
fargas0308 posted...

Boy was I wrong.

with all that stuff you sound like you are spending a lot of time working out (which I think is great).

but for someone like me who runs a business and has 2 kids getting to the gym or going out for a run is not a possibility all the time right now.

plus at this point I can't stand gyms....for me they are not convenient, cost more in the long run and take more time.