Is the XBOX One the"Wii" of the 8th generation (aka revolutionary)?

#1Full ThrottlePosted 11/27/2013 9:11:47 PM
Is the XBOX One the "Wii" of the 8th generation of gaming like the Wii was to the 7th? - Results (109 votes)
Yes. XBOX One will change the face of gaming like Wii did in the 7th generation
14.68% (16 votes)
Yes but Wii was not revolutionary, it was a gimmick. XBOX One will take it where Wii didn't
6.42% (7 votes)
Nope. It just wants to be a Wii and PS3 put in one but won't be revolutionary. It will still be a hit though
21.1% (23 votes)
Nope. It just wants to be a Wii and PS3 put in one and it will tank compared to 360 doing it
57.8% (63 votes)
This poll is now closed.
let's see what people think
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, or i'm gonna...well you don't wanna know, sweater monkies.
#2userfrigginamePosted 11/27/2013 9:18:59 PM(edited)
The Wii did something gaming wise that was attractive to casuals. The Xbox One is doing something that is not related to gaming that may attract casuals. So, nah, I don't think they're quite alike, at least in the scope of gaming. But yes, they are both trying to attract casuals.
#3BeewayPosted 11/27/2013 9:18:51 PM
The Wii of the generation, as in worst graphics? Absolutely.
---
GT: OpTic Beeway
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 11/27/2013 9:29:46 PM
Beeway posted...

Wii U still exists, you know.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom
#5jrr18Posted 11/27/2013 9:39:24 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Beeway posted...

its still seventh gen hardware wise despite its release date so it should compared to the ps3 and 360 not the ps4 and xbone.
---
CHOO CHOO all aboard the hate train next stop whine country.
PSN/steam jrr101
#6EvilTrashPosted 11/27/2013 10:19:53 PM
jrr18 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Beeway posted...

its still seventh gen hardware wise despite its release date so it should compared to the ps3 and 360 not the ps4 and xbone.

Well if you are going to make that argument, Wii was still 6th gen hardware wise...
#7userfrigginamePosted 11/27/2013 10:36:06 PM
jrr18 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Beeway posted...

The Wii U is an 8th gen console, no matter what anyone says. Call it last gen or current gen, it's still 8th gen.

3- NES
4- SNES
5- 64
6- GC
7- Wii
8- Wii U
#895_EclipsePosted 11/27/2013 10:39:44 PM
Lmao, Wii. Revolutionary.

*walks away still laughing*
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#9HiddenRoarPosted 11/27/2013 10:42:11 PM
Revolutionary in what?

Literally the same as the 360 while the Wii was revolutionary compared to the Gamecube and the Wii U to the Wii (in terms of how you play: Controller to Wiimote to Gamepad)

I mean there are no games (Kinect Dance is not a game, inb4 "Durr then Mario/Zelda isn't a game too" responses) that can be exclusively played with the Kinect. Hell, the Kinect is more of a gimmick because it offers nothing substantial to gameplay.
#10Vaoris_KlawPosted 11/27/2013 10:54:06 PM
The Wii was a step in a totally different direction that "conventional" gaming was taking. It changed both how games were played and who played games, a model the others eventually tried to capitalize on to limited success. The xbox one is a baby step towards changing how we access conventional gaming, and merging it with other technologies, but is generally leaving gaming as it is.

So, I would say no.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris