Kinect is unplugged error?

#1CHS_RICHPosted 11/27/2013 10:52:21 PM
Got an Xbox One today at Target. Everything was working fine and then suddenly the Kinect turned off and on the top right of my screen it say's my Kinect is unplugged. Tried a variety of things to get it back on but nothing seems to be working. Is this a common problem and any ideas on what I should do?
#2TravisCombsPosted 11/27/2013 10:57:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3tcgjacobPosted 11/28/2013 1:09:57 AM
Had the same problem and after calling support, they are sending me an advanced replacement and return label that should be here friday. Try this before calling, didn't work for me but that is their suggestion.

If your Kinect sensor is physically connected to your console, but, the console dashboard says the sensor is not connected, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Step 1:
Ensure the sensor is securely attached to the console. If the Xbox logo LED is lit, the sensor is physically connected. If the sensor is still not being recognized, continue to the next step.
Step 2:
If your Kinect sensor is connected, but, still not recognized, ensure the sensor is turned on in the Kinect settings. The sensor is on as indicated by the Xbox logo on the front of the sensor being lit. To learn how to do this, visit My Kinect sensor won’t turn on page. If the sensor is still not recognized, continue to step 3.
Step 3:
Follow these steps precisely to reset the connection of the Kinect sensor.
- Power the console completely off by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down completely.
- Unplug the console’s power
- Unplug the Kinect from the Xbox One console
- Plug the console power back in
- Power the Xbox One back up
- Go to Settings -> Kinect. To do this, go to home by pressing your Xbox Button, press the menu button on your controller and select Settings. Then select Kinect.
- At this point plug in the sensor and wait 5 seconds for it to be recognized. Note: If your sensor needs an update, this screen will indicate that an update is in progress.

If your Xbox One console is still not recognizing the Kinect sensor after attempting the above steps, your sensor needs repair. Please visit myservice.xbox.com to process your sensor for repair.
#4CHS_RICH(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 12:58:40 PM
Tried everything. I was going to go through Microsoft for a new Kinect but that seems like it will take a week or longer to get returned. Would it be easier just to return the whole system to where I bought it for an exchange? Seems like a lot of hardware issues have been popping up but I've mostly seen people say they are getting replacements from Microsoft instead of the retailer. I thought that would be just because they were sold out in stores though
#5tcgjacobPosted 11/28/2013 10:25:40 PM
If they have them in stock still, go ahead and just exchange it. It wasn't an option for me as they were sold out, not sure if they would of been able to get one from Microsoft any faster though. You do get to keep your system the whole time and you don't have to send your Kinect back until you get a new one if you do the advanced exchange option.
#6CHS_RICH(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 8:49:40 PM
ended up not being able to do an exchange since every store is sold out so I went ahead and went through Microsoft. Didn't want to be charged the $160 though :(