Xbox One just doesn't have that magical feeling Xbox 360 had.

#1knightimexPosted 11/28/2013 7:38:22 AM
Not in a sense saying the console sucks, no.
More like it's just not screaming at me to be my main piece of hardware.

Anyone else feel this way?
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#2dnmtPosted 11/28/2013 7:39:12 AM
Everyone feels this way, most are just afraid to admit it.
#3Kovalchuk_Posted 11/28/2013 7:41:02 AM
You will never find that high of playing video games like you did when you were younger, that's just how things work.
---
3754-7115-0719
#4nickr2d2Posted 11/28/2013 7:41:18 AM
dnmt posted...

Not to most, no. It's sort of like this:

Did you prefer 360? You'll prefer Xbox One.

Did you prefer PS3? You'll prefer PS4.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#5JulesvanPosted 11/28/2013 7:44:09 AM
I have always been an Xbox guy since it came out, and I have now gone to PS4 first. I may get an XB1 if the price comes down and there is a game I feel I must have. BTW, I have owned almost all video game systems ever made.
---
I'm the world's oldest video game junkie!!!
#6SpinalsniperPosted 11/28/2013 7:44:21 AM
This happens to me a lot, but I can see it for everyone this time. When the 360 launched, for the first time you could buy arcade games and it came with that Hexic game. You didn't really need a game to enjoy the console.

That's a hard step to beat. This gen offers a little new, but not enough to set it self above the last one. At least yet.
---
Shaka, when the walls fell.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#7BruceLee1974Posted 11/28/2013 7:44:54 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
dnmt posted...

Not to most, no. It's sort of like this:

Did you prefer 360? You'll prefer Xbox One.

Did you prefer PS3? You'll prefer PS4.

Well I owned a Xbox original and the 360 but am going with the PS4 next gen. And I know a lot of others like me as well from my 360 friends list going over to PS4 next gen.

But I do remember it was so cool when I first got a 360 because I hadn't really played online games before and it was a lot of fun. Also the day when I got my first LCD TV was when I had a 360 and it did make the games look so much better as well.

I doubt I will see much of a difference when I get a PS4.
#8knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 7:47:28 AM(edited)
Kovalchuk_ posted...
You will never find that high of playing video games like you did when you were younger, that's just how things work.

I strongly doubt that.
PS4 did it for me.
Xbox 360 before that.
And Gamecube
Dreamcast
Playstation
etc.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#9steelix55Posted 11/28/2013 7:50:07 AM(edited)
Last gen lasted so long, and these new systems haven't offered anything new at all. Even Kinect isn't totally new. The graphical leaps are getting smaller and smaller. Also, last gen since the systems were fairly powerful, they could be updated, and patched, and new features added, etc. Makes buying a whole new box less of a cool experience. For example, had Xbox 360 gone with the blades dashboard for the entire 8 year run, then getting a new system like the Xbox One would be cool to experience with a much more intuitive OS. As it stands, Xbox 360 had 3 different UI's throughout it's life cycle.

Also, for me personally, I started PC gaming this past gen, and it's hard to get excited about consoles that are less powerful than something I have owned for over a year.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#10SpinalsniperPosted 11/28/2013 7:47:34 AM
Spinalsniper posted...
This happens to me a lot, but I can see it for everyone this time. When the 360 launched, for the first time you could buy arcade games and it came with that Hexic game. You didn't really need a game to enjoy the console.

That's a hard step to beat. This gen offers a little new, but not enough to set it self above the last one. At least yet.

I forgot to mention that we went from standard definition and wired controllers to a wireless controller and high definition graphics.

It's not going to be as special as the 360 until we get a killer app or game
---
Shaka, when the walls fell.
Gamer tag: Spinal101