My brother who is barely a gamer was impressed with Xbox One

#1icewolf74Posted 11/28/2013 7:34:11 PM
Yep, showed my brother my new toy that I bought last Friday...FINALLY...and he was really impressed with it. I showed him the voice commands of the Kinect, the Rival Sports demo (he really liked the water graphics), Call of Duty: Ghosts scuba diving mission and he thought it was all cool.

The game that really won him over with the Xbox One was Forza 5. He's a bit of a car enthusiast, mostly BMW, and he was very impressed with the game; especially since the game has his car that he used to own: BMW M3, until he sold it last year due to the high maintenance involved in taking care of it that he couldn't afford since he was between jobs at the time. He loved the inside of the car point-of-view and how it looked just like his car, except for the steering wheel. Everything on the dash was identical though.

I wanted to show him Ryse and Assassin's Creed IV too, especially the latter since he loves anything that has to do with the ocean, but he had to go since it was getting late and he has to work tomorrow. I just thought it was cool that he really liked the Xbox One since he is more of an old-school arcade gamer than he is of modern gaming and usually doesn't care for my gaming consoles whenever I show them to him. He even asked if I was going to get another Xbox One controller since he wanted to play 2-players with me of Forza 5. WHICH REALLY SURPRISED ME!!! XD

Has anyone else shown a family member or friend who wasn't really a gamer the Xbox One and they came away impressed with it like my brother did tonight?
#2AshleyGreene74Posted 11/28/2013 7:35:48 PM
It's pretty easy to be impressed by something that you know little about.
#3BeefEasterPosted 11/28/2013 7:37:11 PM
my niece who doesn't drive was impressed with my key chain because it's shiny and makes jingling noises
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#4rusty12000Posted 11/28/2013 7:37:17 PM
Naturally, it is built for the 'barely gamers'.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#5Cornbread4lifePosted 11/28/2013 7:38:21 PM
AshleyGreene74 posted...

But if you know a lot about something, how would you be impressed by it? Would it suddenly just surprise you with its awesomeness even though you know everything about it already?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#6icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 7:39:50 PM
AshleyGreene74 posted...

I guess people who bought the PS4 are morons then since they knew so much about it before they bought it. Right? :::rolls eyes:::
#7KoogenPosted 11/28/2013 7:57:11 PM
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

I guess people who bought the PS4 are morons then since they knew so much about it before they bought it. Right? :::rolls eyes:::

Great post m8
#8ManInGorillaSutPosted 11/28/2013 7:57:55 PM
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

Wow, you showed him!
---
Give me Banana!
#9Darkpalidin12Posted 11/28/2013 8:00:03 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

Wow, you showed him!

I think that's a chick.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
#10656stoogePosted 11/28/2013 8:01:53 PM
I barely drink wine and I think it all tastes the same. So I wouldn't really bother with my opinion on wine.

...seriously, it's vinegar, right?
---
My farther is so Australian he's in prison.