My brother who is barely a gamer was impressed with Xbox One

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My brother who is barely a gamer was impressed with Xbox One
1 year ago#1
Yep, showed my brother my new toy that I bought last Friday...FINALLY...and he was really impressed with it. I showed him the voice commands of the Kinect, the Rival Sports demo (he really liked the water graphics), Call of Duty: Ghosts scuba diving mission and he thought it was all cool.

The game that really won him over with the Xbox One was Forza 5. He's a bit of a car enthusiast, mostly BMW, and he was very impressed with the game; especially since the game has his car that he used to own: BMW M3, until he sold it last year due to the high maintenance involved in taking care of it that he couldn't afford since he was between jobs at the time. He loved the inside of the car point-of-view and how it looked just like his car, except for the steering wheel. Everything on the dash was identical though.

I wanted to show him Ryse and Assassin's Creed IV too, especially the latter since he loves anything that has to do with the ocean, but he had to go since it was getting late and he has to work tomorrow. I just thought it was cool that he really liked the Xbox One since he is more of an old-school arcade gamer than he is of modern gaming and usually doesn't care for my gaming consoles whenever I show them to him. He even asked if I was going to get another Xbox One controller since he wanted to play 2-players with me of Forza 5. WHICH REALLY SURPRISED ME!!! XD

Has anyone else shown a family member or friend who wasn't really a gamer the Xbox One and they came away impressed with it like my brother did tonight?
1 year ago#2
It's pretty easy to be impressed by something that you know little about.
1 year ago#3
my niece who doesn't drive was impressed with my key chain because it's shiny and makes jingling noises
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
1 year ago#4
Naturally, it is built for the 'barely gamers'.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
1 year ago#5
AshleyGreene74 posted...

But if you know a lot about something, how would you be impressed by it? Would it suddenly just surprise you with its awesomeness even though you know everything about it already?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
1 year ago#6
AshleyGreene74 posted...

I guess people who bought the PS4 are morons then since they knew so much about it before they bought it. Right? :::rolls eyes:::
1 year ago#7
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

I guess people who bought the PS4 are morons then since they knew so much about it before they bought it. Right? :::rolls eyes:::

Great post m8
1 year ago#8
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

Wow, you showed him!
---
Give me Banana!
1 year ago#9
ManInGorillaSut posted...
icewolf74 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

Wow, you showed him!

I think that's a chick.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
1 year ago#10
I barely drink wine and I think it all tastes the same. So I wouldn't really bother with my opinion on wine.

...seriously, it's vinegar, right?
---
My farther is so Australian he's in prison.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. My brother who is barely a gamer was impressed with Xbox One

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived