That's great, my kinect just died...

#1DoubleJ9Posted 11/29/2013 12:42:04 AM
Guess I get to call xbox support tomorrow morning. Stupid thing was just working and I noticed it felt a little hot then looked at the dashboard some time later and said it was unplugged.

Been wondering when something was going to break on it...
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2Sith JediPosted 11/29/2013 12:43:11 AM
It's too late, the Illuminati are already on their way.
#3BTM4444Posted 11/29/2013 1:48:10 AM
Now u can get a free game'!
---
Owner of an Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, and Ouya :)
BF4>>>>>BO1>COD4>WAW>GHOSTS>MW2>MW3>BO2
#4IrzibePosted 11/29/2013 1:50:21 AM
So how much can you do with your Xbox now that the Kinect is "disconnected"?
#5Ryan-06Posted 11/29/2013 1:54:22 AM(edited)
How long is the warranty on xbone btw? 1 year like PS4?
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#6DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 3:51:11 AM
You can still pretty much do everything on the Xbox one without the kinect except the obvious things like voice commands. It's just more of an irritation than a burden.

Yeah I believe the warranty is one year also.
---
#7TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/29/2013 4:02:52 AM
Irzibe posted...
So how much can you do with your Xbox now that the Kinect is "disconnected"?

Pretty much everything works without it. I only leave mine on so it signs me in automatically.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#8DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 4:47:42 AM
BTM4444 posted...
Now u can get a free game'!

I heard about this, but how does it work exactly?
---
#9Apex-PlayerPosted 11/29/2013 5:00:48 AM
just another thing waiting to break... the main thing that separates itself from sony, the thing that cost 100$ extra.

Is that every piece now?

-System
-Power Block
-Controller
-Kinect
-Cant recall if it had a mic extra too, but kinect I guess counts for this as well.

Not trying to do what you think, just as a consumer its just horrible. I will one day play the exclusives, but pretty much everything xbox related is built the absolute worst. Yes I know Sony stuff broke, but honestly after last gen I seriously gave MS the benefit of the doubt thinking they would not mess up that terribly again.

I liked the 360 exclusives but not to the extent I can support shady companies because of them.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#10DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 5:22:32 AM
Apex-Player posted...
just another thing waiting to break... the main thing that separates itself from sony, the thing that cost 100$ extra.

Is that every piece now?

-System
-Power Block
-Controller
-Kinect
-Cant recall if it had a mic extra too, but kinect I guess counts for this as well.

Not trying to do what you think, just as a consumer its just horrible. I will one day play the exclusives, but pretty much everything xbox related is built the absolute worst. Yes I know Sony stuff broke, but honestly after last gen I seriously gave MS the benefit of the doubt thinking they would not mess up that terribly again.

I liked the 360 exclusives but not to the extent I can support shady companies because of them.

As you've already stated, the PS4 has been having troubles too and if I remember correctly the PS3 also had problems at launch.

A majority of new consoles in general have issues at launch, that's something you should know and be prepared for by now. I'm irritated by it, yes, but it's a risk you take with getting new consoles/products right at launch no matter what company it is.
---