That's great, my kinect just died...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. That's great, my kinect just died...
3 years ago#1
Guess I get to call xbox support tomorrow morning. Stupid thing was just working and I noticed it felt a little hot then looked at the dashboard some time later and said it was unplugged.

Been wondering when something was going to break on it...
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
3 years ago#2
It's too late, the Illuminati are already on their way.
3 years ago#3
Now u can get a free game'!
Owner of an Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, and Ouya :)
BF4>>>>>BO1>COD4>WAW>GHOSTS>MW2>MW3>BO2
3 years ago#4
So how much can you do with your Xbox now that the Kinect is "disconnected"?
3 years ago#5
How long is the warranty on xbone btw? 1 year like PS4?
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
3 years ago#6
You can still pretty much do everything on the Xbox one without the kinect except the obvious things like voice commands. It's just more of an irritation than a burden.

Yeah I believe the warranty is one year also.
3 years ago#7
Irzibe posted...
So how much can you do with your Xbox now that the Kinect is "disconnected"?

Pretty much everything works without it. I only leave mine on so it signs me in automatically.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
3 years ago#8
BTM4444 posted...
Now u can get a free game'!

I heard about this, but how does it work exactly?
3 years ago#9
just another thing waiting to break... the main thing that separates itself from sony, the thing that cost 100$ extra.

Is that every piece now?

-System
-Power Block
-Controller
-Kinect
-Cant recall if it had a mic extra too, but kinect I guess counts for this as well.

Not trying to do what you think, just as a consumer its just horrible. I will one day play the exclusives, but pretty much everything xbox related is built the absolute worst. Yes I know Sony stuff broke, but honestly after last gen I seriously gave MS the benefit of the doubt thinking they would not mess up that terribly again.

I liked the 360 exclusives but not to the extent I can support shady companies because of them.
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
3 years ago#10
Apex-Player posted...
just another thing waiting to break... the main thing that separates itself from sony, the thing that cost 100$ extra.

Is that every piece now?

-System
-Power Block
-Controller
-Kinect
-Cant recall if it had a mic extra too, but kinect I guess counts for this as well.

Not trying to do what you think, just as a consumer its just horrible. I will one day play the exclusives, but pretty much everything xbox related is built the absolute worst. Yes I know Sony stuff broke, but honestly after last gen I seriously gave MS the benefit of the doubt thinking they would not mess up that terribly again.

I liked the 360 exclusives but not to the extent I can support shady companies because of them.

As you've already stated, the PS4 has been having troubles too and if I remember correctly the PS3 also had problems at launch.

A majority of new consoles in general have issues at launch, that's something you should know and be prepared for by now. I'm irritated by it, yes, but it's a risk you take with getting new consoles/products right at launch no matter what company it is.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. That's great, my kinect just died...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived