Broke my Kinect, MS want $500 for a new one

#41stalemate_666Posted 12/1/2013 8:09:15 PM
mietha posted...
Kenny-Powers posted...
So after 3 years my tv fell off the wall and the kinect was on the stand below and broke it pretty bad.

I spoke with someone on MS chat just now and she said the estimated cost of a replacement is $500.

This can not be right can it?

Anyone know if there is plans to sell the new kinect on its own?

Well... being as the kinect isn't available separately, and the One costs $500, and the incident is 100% your fault... why wouldn't it be right?

Because if you break your controller by smashing it with a sludge hammer it's 100% your fault and it doesn't cost a new console to get a new one and kinect is a controller. It's MSes fault they aren't sold separately, they should have something in place to cover damage to a completely external device that comes with it. I also know for a fact they could send out a kinect without sending out a whole console they are produced separately and TC already said he is okay with paying for the kinect but not rebuying a brand new console which works fine for most part.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#42ATARIJAWAPosted 12/1/2013 9:42:32 PM
Snickleseed posted...
Sounds like they were trying to sell you a new XB One instead of just the kinect part. Maybe they misunderstood you since their tech support is all outsourced to offshore countries where the residents can barely understand english *coughINDIAcough*

Do people still not know you can ask to be transferred to Texas?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#43swatkiller546Posted 12/1/2013 9:45:07 PM
Eastbound and Down Motha$%$%
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#44DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/1/2013 9:50:47 PM
This is a dumb question. You aren't buying a Kinect for $500. You are buying an Xbox One for $500. Thats just how it is. Whether its made separately or not has nothing to do with it. Plenty of products come with multiple parts that they do not sell separately. They probably plan Kinect production in the same quantity as Xbox Ones so giving you a Kinect is like giving you an Xbox One because you end up with a Xbox One without a Kinect.

Its 100% your fault. Its not MS's fault for not selling it separately since the Kinect has been advertised as part of the Xbox One from day one. Comparing it with a controller is beyond stupid since they do sell controllers separately, hence you would be able to buy one separately. They really have no obligation to you for dropping a TV on your Kinect. Its like saying MS should sell you a console for $400 because you dropped the TV on your Xbox One but your Kinect is intact.

Best bet is to look online for a solution.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#452pp3nd1xPosted 12/1/2013 9:59:49 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
This is a dumb question. You aren't buying a Kinect for $500. You are buying an Xbox One for $500. Thats just how it is. Whether its made separately or not has nothing to do with it. Plenty of products come with multiple parts that they do not sell separately. They probably plan Kinect production in the same quantity as Xbox Ones so giving you a Kinect is like giving you an Xbox One because you end up with a Xbox One without a Kinect.

Its 100% your fault. Its not MS's fault for not selling it separately since the Kinect has been advertised as part of the Xbox One from day one. Comparing it with a controller is beyond stupid since they do sell controllers separately, hence you would be able to buy one separately. They really have no obligation to you for dropping a TV on your Kinect. Its like saying MS should sell you a console for $400 because you dropped the TV on your Xbox One but your Kinect is intact.

Best bet is to look online for a solution.

Do you even read topics before you post in them?
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
#46DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/1/2013 10:03:05 PM
Yes. TC is blaming MS for not sending him a Kinect only and is asking if they will be sold separately. How is that NOT a dumb question? Kinect comes with EVERY console, why would they ever sell it separately? It would be ridiculously expensive just to provide the rare 0.01% of the users who might break Kinect and not the console. Yes, lets make separate packaging, advertising and store space for a separate Kinect...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#47Millertime660Posted 12/1/2013 10:22:58 PM
SupaShig posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
To be fair, they shouldn't be responsible for a poorly anchored TV.

Kenny-Powers posted...
So after 3 years my tv fell

Accidents happen. If it was poorly anchored, it wouldn't have lasted 3 years.

If MS was serious about keeping customers, they'd offer a replacement kinect (if nothing else) at production cost to them. Not ****ing $500

Id say only lasting 3 years is definitely poorly anchored. Either that or you have some serious issues with the frame of your house.
#48kyncaniPosted 12/1/2013 11:24:56 PM
Lol, these replies :D
#49Talinthis2Posted 12/5/2013 8:51:47 AM
YumeOMiru posted...
Kenny-Powers posted...
Huh?

I have no idea what your talking about, been a member of this site for years. First post in 7-8 months.

Anything, and by anything, I mean ANYTHING negative about the Xbone marks you as troll here. And thatīs not right, even if it was your fault (never hang TVs), a replacement should cost max $100.

Iīm sure you just talk to someone trying to meet her quota. Call again, if not, regret that you bought the Xbone. Thereīs no warranty for this.

Hanging tv's are awesome. If its attached to studs in the wall it will never ever fall off unless your in a super old house with water leaks and rotting wood.
#50EllesarienPosted 12/5/2013 9:01:45 AM
SupaShig posted...
bessy67 posted...
One active message posted? Did your alt get banned?

lmao the defense squad is even bashing icons on account status now.

The fact that he only has one post proves hes not around here trolling.

Are you sore because your own fanboys over on the PS4 board also find you unbearable and a troll? So you decided to come here to do the same thing?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.