How high is the chance my console will be defective?

#11snowboard340Posted 11/29/2013 8:30:01 PM
probably around .5-2% chance.
#12TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/29/2013 8:42:56 PM
drfirepants posted...
Very slim chance despite what the sony fanboys want you to believe. You have a much much much higher chance of getting a completely fine console compared to a defective one.

So what you're saying is that the major news outlets, like the daily caller, that are reporting a possible 30% failure rate are made up of sony "fanboys"? Okay, whatever.
#13luigix69Posted 11/29/2013 8:50:10 PM
Both my brothers and a friend and myself bought them with no problem. A guy a best buy told my friend there was a 65% defect rate while trying to sell him an extended warranty. So 4/4 all fine seems good to me.
#14Lord_Ka1nPosted 11/29/2013 8:52:42 PM
they wont tell us. which means its probably a higher percentage than is acceptable.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n (Current PS4 games - AC:BF, NFS Rivals)
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#15bessy67Posted 11/29/2013 8:56:26 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
drfirepants posted...
Very slim chance despite what the sony fanboys want you to believe. You have a much much much higher chance of getting a completely fine console compared to a defective one.

So what you're saying is that the major news outlets, like the daily caller, that are reporting a possible 30% failure rate are made up of sony "fanboys"? Okay, whatever.

lol using the Daily Caller as a reliable source.

Senator Bob Menendez prostitution controversy and FBI investigation,
In an article titled "Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic",[20] The Daily Caller reported that New Jersey senator Bob Menendez had allegedly paid two prostitutes to have sex with him during a stay at a Dominican Republic resort. The report included videotaped interviews with the women. The allegation came five days before the 2012 New Jersey senate election. News organizations such as the New York Times, ABC News and the New York Post declined to publish the allegations, viewing them as unsubstantiated and lacking credibility.[21][22][23]
The FBI investigated the allegations and found no evidence to substantiate them.[24][25] Subsequently, one of the women who accused Menendez stated that she had been paid to falsely implicate the senator, whom she had never met.[21][25] Menendez's office described the allegations as "manufactured" by a right-wing blog as a politically motivated smear.[26] On March 18, police in the Dominican Republic announced that three women had acknowledged they had been paid $300425 each to lie about having had sex with Menendez.[27]
According to a spokesperson in the Dominican government, the women in question had been paid to make the false claims in question by someone who identified himself as a Daily Caller employee. The Daily Caller issued a statement denying the claims.[28] The Daily Caller denied having paid any individuals for any participation in the stories about Menendez, and detailed the discrepancies between the new reports from Dominican authorities and the original interviews the outlet had conducted.[29][30][31] The Washington Post was extremely critical of the Caller's "eagerness to publish completely unsubstantiated allegations", concluding that the Caller was "ducking accountability".[32][33][34]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Caller#Senator_Bob_Menendez_prostitution_controversy_and_FBI_investigation
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#16xHuckleberryPosted 11/29/2013 9:00:26 PM
Its already broke. I broke it.

:)
#17Reflex-ArcPosted 11/29/2013 9:05:15 PM
Quite low. The only reason you hear about it so much on the internet is because not every single person who hasn't had an issue is posting about it. Compound that with the vast about of people who are simply regurgitating negative news, about both consoles, and it becomes a telephone game of BS.

For the record, both my Xbone and PS4 are working flawlessly. Both had perfectly acceptable unbox-to-gaming update times. No blue lights of death, No crunchy disk drives.

...and you know what? I'd venture a guess that my experience with both has been, by far, the norm.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#18warlord78Posted 11/29/2013 9:06:02 PM
Man-Boobs posted...

Some are saying 40% but where this figure comes from is unknown.

Their colon most likely. If you want a new system now, buy a new system. If it is broken Microsoft will send you a new one, and give you a free game to play while you wait. Honestly I'd prefer a broken one. Here have a free game you were going to buy, while we fix the disk drive you never intended to use.
---
My favorite company is better than your favorite company, and that is a fact!
#19slyman19Posted 11/29/2013 9:14:21 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
drfirepants posted...

Care to name an outlet that doesn`t have a horrendous track record?
#20Swan3624(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 10:29:35 AM
Thank you for the responses!

Unfortunately, I got cold feet and decided to wait it out again, but give it a week, and I'll be wishing to have one again! :D
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624