What is Microsoft trying to hide from me??

#11DeadLock25Posted 11/29/2013 8:19:36 PM
The Jackass posted...
Can I use a flash drive or an external hard drive?

No. The Xbox One does not support external storage devices.

I don't like that it says this at the bottom there, I thought it was suppose to support external just not at launch?

I am gonna be extremely disappointed if this is the case.

It doesnt. Not at the moment. If they said "Soon" people would just go on there to ask "When", which would clutter the whole support ecosystem. They cant give a date, but they made it explicitly clear to third party sources that they will support external devices through an update sometime in 2014.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#12The JackassPosted 11/29/2013 8:21:07 PM
The way it reads makes it seem like they don't intend to add it at all, or it would be phrased something like: "Not currently, will be available in 2014."

I wish Mircosoft knew how to word things properly.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#13jjordan0002Posted 11/29/2013 8:23:46 PM
At least it will put a stop to hacking games for a while
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#14RyanJMcD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 8:34:57 PM
The Jackass posted...
Can I use a flash drive or an external hard drive?

No. The Xbox One does not support external storage devices.

I don't like that it says this at the bottom there, I thought it was suppose to support external just not at launch?

Why the hell not, MS? Why would you drop external HD or not let us use flash mem at the very least. That's how I back up my saves on the 360 in case of a crash.
Between PS4 deciding not to support Blue tooth headsets and any BT device that worked with the PS3 (it's BT, not some special format. Are you really gonna make it so we have to buy all new **** when there is no reason why the older stuff couldn't work?)

And the X1 being all stupid with the storage, this is irritating.
You are supposed to gain or at least improve functionality, not drop current gen technology
---
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
#15TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/29/2013 8:42:48 PM
RyanJMcD posted...

Why is MS so concerned about not letting me see what's in storage?

If you can't see how much space you have, you can't see how much of it they're using. You also can't see how the space they're using changes on a daily basis. That's what they don't want you to know.