Is Microsoft really charging customers to quickly repair faulty Xbox One units?

#61archibald3Posted 11/30/2013 12:16:42 PM
You have nobody to blame but yourselves for getting into a long debate over a laughably trollish topic created by a troll who contributes nothing to this board BUT topics like this...
#62TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 3:17:58 PM
PutHaggarInSF posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
PutHaggarInSF posted...
Because even in that horrible, fanboyish article, it still says it's only a deposit. Which means you are not paying for it. Yet you made this topic anyway. Which can only mean you never finished school.

I said it was a deposit in the OP. What part of that did you not understand?

Is Microsoft really charging customers to quickly repair faulty Xbox One units?

Fanboy troll sensationalism right in the topic title. Typical of idiots who have nothing intelligent to actually add to a conversation or debate.

Those aren't my words, I copied and pasted the article headline.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#63DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/30/2013 10:39:54 PM
I love this. Its perfectly fine for PS4 to have tons of faulty consoles because people can "fix it themselves" by jamming something into the HDMI slot (not that it even always works since there are plenty of topics about people not being able to fix it and the vast majority of people would not even know about this fix to begin with...) but its criminal if MS sends you a console to play before you send in yours by simply requesting a pre-authorization before hand.

I love it. Sony faulty consoles = your problem. MS faulty consoles = MS problem. Has fanboyism hit its peak here?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#64120N7Posted 12/3/2013 11:23:20 AM
RawringAir posted...
My Xbox was functional but defective. I didn't have a problem with the deposit. I had a problem with it being 600 (about $1000), a third more than the retail price. No excuse.

the lies in the post are pretty awesome

What lies?
#65RybalPosted 12/3/2013 12:25:15 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Charging-Customers-Quickly-Repair-Faulty-Xbox-One-Units-60807.html

Pay a 621 dollar deposit otherwise wait two weeks? That seems pretty expensive, it's even more than the cost of the console!

The 381 GBP cost is technically lower than the 429 GBP MSRP.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#66nickr2d2Posted 12/3/2013 12:29:37 PM
snowboard340 posted...
You're not paying a for it. You're putting in money that they can take if you're trying to scam them, and they don't get the xbox you say you sent to them. When they get your xbox, they return the money.

Generally, it is for people who don't want to wait for their broken system to be shipped and processed before getting a working system.

Hey! This guy cleared up the issue, and there's another 60-some posts after it.

Obviously fanboys don't read or listen.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#67dafriggaPosted 12/3/2013 12:34:04 PM
what poor dumbass cant wait a little while and play 7th gen while they get their console repaired?
---
psn: chazmoo
xbl gt: chazm00
#68Ryan-06Posted 12/7/2013 1:19:37 AM
Impatient ones.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#69kyncaniPosted 12/7/2013 4:11:18 AM
krystyla posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Cegen posted...
Lies I contacted Ms today got advance unit and free game didn't charge my card and I got 16 days to send back faulty one once new get here.

523 if I don't send defective one back in that timeframe

they didn't charge it, but there's a hold on your account for that $523...so the funds aren't available and they may as well have charged your card. It's ridiculous..."Let us hold your money hostage because we f***** up and sold a you a broken console or wait close to a month to get it replaced."

I can't believe people are essentially praising MS for releasing a console that major news outlets are reporting that as many as 30% may be defective.

Is it just me or is it that ever since the Xbox One had a perfectly good launch and didn't just die, Pony fanboy intelligence has been bottoming out? This is unbelievably dumb.

Of course your money is on hold if you get an EXTRA console. Don't have the money? Then wait like all warranties. Very few people max out their credits cards every month. If you do, you shouldn't even buy an Xbox One.

Don't bother I had the same discussion for 30+ messages yesterday, according to them MS should send out consoles to everyone who pretends his is broken, not like you can make it up and scam them

Oh it's great.

Two weeks ago, Cegen wanted a Xbox One "right now"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67941932

So he gets his Xbox One and it doesn't work.