When Titanfall releases

#1BlackDesperadoPosted 11/30/2013 8:35:50 AM
I think the xbox will sell quite a bit. I do not believe the people touting it's on pc will get it for pc, and the 360 version is not going to get the media love as the xbox one version. I remember purchasing a Wii U, and thinking YES!!!...........Until 3 months later and there being a drought. Both systems will experience a drought until march where the most critically acclaimed game coming out so far is TitanFall.

Titanfall releasing in March is the same as Capcom releasing games in march back in the day, selling tons of copies. Halo sold xboxes, and Call of Duty 4 took over the King that was Halo when no one thought it possible.

As much as the doom and gloom numbers are coming in initially, I think once the drought hits, and Titan Fall releases the Online shooter base that dominates gaming numbers now will flock to that game.

I'm not sure Infamous is going to be that killer app, given Killzones graphics weren't enough to make it a system moving app.

Thoughts anyone? (I hope (fingers crossed) this stays respectful).
#2krystylaPosted 11/30/2013 8:39:53 AM
Well thought out, and yes Titanfall will be a system seller especially if they'll make a bundle.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#3snakes_codecPosted 11/30/2013 8:40:43 AM
Im buy it for PC as it will be the superior version .
#4RatchetrockonPosted 11/30/2013 8:44:33 AM(edited)
Well.....Considering that the game is also available on the 360 and on the PC.. I'd rather be pessimistic about it moving Xbox one sales.

Also just from my personal experience most people aren't too fixated on the game. I mean they seem pretty content with COD:Ghost or Battlefield 4.

I know the game is huge for the gaming community and sepecially on forums dedicated to gaming, but I don't know about the more casual gamers such as myself.

Edit: Although considering the fact that the xbox brand is good at advertising games I wouldn't be majorly surprised if the game does start selling Xbox ones.
#5userfrigginamePosted 11/30/2013 8:42:51 AM
Not sure. Even though I think there was some article about CoD being the most played game on the PS4 online, I just don't see cross gen games really pushing ppl to buy next gen consoles. Of course, I believe it'll sell to pretty much almost everyone who already has an Xbox One, and could easily sell a bunch on the 360, but if ppl can get their hands on the game with a 360, then there's no point for them to get an Xbox One. Also, imo launch title graphics just don't have that obvious leap in graphics like they used to.
#6HaloDad020508Posted 11/30/2013 8:47:43 AM
I agree TC. There is a lot of doom and gloom people are trying to bring for the present time for the X1 but yeah Titanfall will sell Xbox's. I cant wait for Titanfall.
---
Playing COD Ghosts, SC Blacklist and Diablo 3.
#7Bigdaddy422Posted 11/30/2013 8:51:07 AM
TitanFall looks awesome. Its not the reason i bought an XOne but it is definitely icing on the cake. I am enjoying every XOne exclusive, Xbox fitness, voice commands, and the tv integration also.
#8yanksfan4247Posted 11/30/2013 8:56:18 AM
Anyone thinking the 360 Titanfall will be good is smoking some good s---. Its not developed by Respawn at all.

The week Titanfall drops you will see a spike in X1 sales. This is the new hot s--- people want.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#9KolanifvPosted 11/30/2013 8:58:48 AM
Personally, I think people are overestimating the love that people have for Respawn when they're not named Infinity Ward and not developing Call of Duty. Titanfall will sell okay, but it's not going to be CoD numbers, and online only games are always an iffy prospect, pretty much every one up to this point had bombed or underperformed.
#10yanksfan4247Posted 11/30/2013 9:03:38 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Personally, I think people are overestimating the love that people have for Respawn when they're not named Infinity Ward and not developing Call of Duty. Titanfall will sell okay, but it's not going to be CoD numbers, and online only games are always an iffy prospect, pretty much every one up to this point had bombed or underperformed.

No one is going off the name of Respawn. They are going off winning a s--- ton of E3 awards, every single gaming journalist saying it is amazing, the game play videos they have seen etc.

That's the reason its hot. The only game that's really going off developer name right now is Destiny. Because they haven't really shown as much game play.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer