Update for the 2x, 3x the charm

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Update for the 2x, 3x the charm

User Info: rockjunki

rockjunki
3 years ago#1
Short synopsis and for those that didn't believe me I posted a link to the amazon order status page.

anyhoo

11-22 first xbox received-eject broken. contacted amazon customer support. replacement shipped/return label to return mine within 30 days. replacement is standard not day one

11-25 2nd xbox arrived-mass grinding noise ensued. I jammed a butter knife into the slotloader and it reduced grinding noise and allowed it to read discs. (not recommened with a steak knife). contacted amazon customer service replacement shipped/return label sent to return within 30 days standard edition

11-27 3rd xbox arrives; this one has an extra sticker on the front advertising HDMI. I plug it in and paranoid that im getting the green screen of death. I go to garage to had a breathing session and not watch. I come back up and all is ready to go. It is now a few days later. Ryse is ticking. Only thing I don't know is why I wear the headset, I don't even know if its working. I have no friends to test it with.

I say this is the keeper, whilst setting up my apps core services shut down. I call 4myxbox the guy gives me 2 months free of live. It appeared in order for it to let me play offline I had to remove my cat 5 jack and suggested to service tech that could be a serious issue if people have to disconnect their wifi or cat 5 to play offline when experiencing intermittent network issues. He escalated the problem.

I do this all in the name of beta testing for my friends and my favorite computing company; love live MS despite 5 xbox 360s and 3 xbox ones!

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
3 years ago#2
Wow, busting out the ridiculously old alt.

User Name rockjunki
User ID 6879737
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Thursday, June 8, 2006 1:32 PM
Last Visit Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:53 PM
Karma 6
Active Messages Posted 8
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#3
Sorry for your stroke of bad luck
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell

User Info: Apex-Player

Apex-Player
3 years ago#4
I'm glad the 3rd one worked, 33% success rate is well, it is what it is.
PSN/ Comfort_Cat

rockjunki
3 years ago#5
yeah last time I trolled was back when I got a 360...sheesh you missed the part where I said I was a MS shill essentially.

other consoles Ive had and had break on me
ps3-didnt bother to replace
Nintendo (I think everyones did)
sega genesis (xmas morning; that one sucked)
Gameboy original (couldn't see the screen so returned the 2nd one)

I destroy electronic devices for some reason. My Asusvivo tab smart hates a solid hdmi connection. I forgive it awaiting miracast for x1.

And im a tech for a living. What a nightmare.

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#6
rockjunki posted...
yeah last time I trolled was back when I got a 360...sheesh you missed the part where I said I was a MS shill essentially.

other consoles Ive had and had break on me
ps3-didnt bother to replace
Nintendo (I think everyones did)
sega genesis (xmas morning; that one sucked)
Gameboy original (couldn't see the screen so returned the 2nd one)

I destroy electronic devices for some reason. My Asusvivo tab smart hates a solid hdmi connection. I forgive it awaiting miracast for x1.

And im a tech for a living. What a nightmare.

I am awaiting Miracast for XBO as well, apparently a MS guy showcased it with a Surface 2 which is great as I have a Surface Pro 2
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell

User Info: Bernoulli_

Bernoulli_
3 years ago#7
You might be made of magnets
GT: Bernoulli85

rockjunki
3 years ago#8
Bernoulli_ posted...
You might be made of magnets

Haha that's hilarious. Can't believe I took only 2 months of live free. They wouldn't budge on the game code and I wasn't forceful enough. Heck, these guys listen to god knows what all day.

In the end the system is awesome. A lil quirky right now; as I said is the headset just for dress up? the commands don't always work, o it sound like the Xbox is a dog in obedience training.

Also, I forgot to get the rechargeable battery. I kept one stash from the 3xboxes. Heck, they were used.

I also suck bad at Ryse....I'm always getting picked because I die. Sorry.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Update for the 2x, 3x the charm

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived