Update for the 2x, 3x the charm

#1rockjunkiPosted 11/30/2013 3:55:14 PM
Short synopsis and for those that didn't believe me I posted a link to the amazon order status page.

anyhoo

11-22 first xbox received-eject broken. contacted amazon customer support. replacement shipped/return label to return mine within 30 days. replacement is standard not day one

11-25 2nd xbox arrived-mass grinding noise ensued. I jammed a butter knife into the slotloader and it reduced grinding noise and allowed it to read discs. (not recommened with a steak knife). contacted amazon customer service replacement shipped/return label sent to return within 30 days standard edition

11-27 3rd xbox arrives; this one has an extra sticker on the front advertising HDMI. I plug it in and paranoid that im getting the green screen of death. I go to garage to had a breathing session and not watch. I come back up and all is ready to go. It is now a few days later. Ryse is ticking. Only thing I don't know is why I wear the headset, I don't even know if its working. I have no friends to test it with.

I say this is the keeper, whilst setting up my apps core services shut down. I call 4myxbox the guy gives me 2 months free of live. It appeared in order for it to let me play offline I had to remove my cat 5 jack and suggested to service tech that could be a serious issue if people have to disconnect their wifi or cat 5 to play offline when experiencing intermittent network issues. He escalated the problem.

I do this all in the name of beta testing for my friends and my favorite computing company; love live MS despite 5 xbox 360s and 3 xbox ones!
#2bessy67Posted 11/30/2013 3:56:32 PM
Wow, busting out the ridiculously old alt.

User Name rockjunki
User ID 6879737
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Thursday, June 8, 2006 1:32 PM
Last Visit Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:53 PM
Karma 6
Active Messages Posted 8
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3krystylaPosted 11/30/2013 3:58:05 PM
Sorry for your stroke of bad luck
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 11/30/2013 3:58:08 PM
I'm glad the 3rd one worked, 33% success rate is well, it is what it is.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5rockjunki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 4:02:28 PM
yeah last time I trolled was back when I got a 360...sheesh you missed the part where I said I was a MS shill essentially.

other consoles Ive had and had break on me
ps3-didnt bother to replace
Nintendo (I think everyones did)
sega genesis (xmas morning; that one sucked)
Gameboy original (couldn't see the screen so returned the 2nd one)

I destroy electronic devices for some reason. My Asusvivo tab smart hates a solid hdmi connection. I forgive it awaiting miracast for x1.

And im a tech for a living. What a nightmare.
#6krystylaPosted 11/30/2013 4:04:29 PM
rockjunki posted...
yeah last time I trolled was back when I got a 360...sheesh you missed the part where I said I was a MS shill essentially.

other consoles Ive had and had break on me
ps3-didnt bother to replace
Nintendo (I think everyones did)
sega genesis (xmas morning; that one sucked)
Gameboy original (couldn't see the screen so returned the 2nd one)

I destroy electronic devices for some reason. My Asusvivo tab smart hates a solid hdmi connection. I forgive it awaiting miracast for x1.

And im a tech for a living. What a nightmare.

I am awaiting Miracast for XBO as well, apparently a MS guy showcased it with a Surface 2 which is great as I have a Surface Pro 2
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#7Bernoulli_Posted 11/30/2013 4:05:14 PM
You might be made of magnets
---
GT: Bernoulli85
#8rockjunki(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 4:13:25 PM
Bernoulli_ posted...
You might be made of magnets

Haha that's hilarious. Can't believe I took only 2 months of live free. They wouldn't budge on the game code and I wasn't forceful enough. Heck, these guys listen to god knows what all day.

In the end the system is awesome. A lil quirky right now; as I said is the headset just for dress up? the commands don't always work, o it sound like the Xbox is a dog in obedience training.

Also, I forgot to get the rechargeable battery. I kept one stash from the 3xboxes. Heck, they were used.

I also suck bad at Ryse....I'm always getting picked because I die. Sorry.