I have changed.

#1reverence26Posted 11/30/2013 5:54:09 PM
I particularly didn't fall on either side of the coin when it came to the ps4 Xbox one launch expectations. But I just finished some time with the KINECT , I've come to realize that this really could be a life changing design.

With the kinect sensor I'm able to go from my TV to my game to any app within the Xbox one community, and that's a pretty good deal because there's a lot of content already in the Xbox one community.

if anyone believes the xbox one is going to remain so scarce as far as content goes in the next coming years theyre mistaken. I'm sure that Maj. Nelson along with the Xbox one devs are going to make sure there's a lot of content coming to the Xbox one. We all know that the games are coming. We all know the updates to the KINECT sensor are coming. I firmly believe that when it gets rolling it'll be awesome.

This does not beat out the PlayStation four in terms of raw power for games. I'll readily admit that, but what it does offer is an overall experience running just shy of the PlayStation fours power while offering you something no system has offered before. It's difficult to explain but i was truly excited being able to turn on and off my television set with my voice, being able to change channels switch between apps seamlessly and many other various functions haveing the KINECT provides. it really truly did feel like a next GEN experience. Even with it's seemingly strict learning curve I now belt out commands with great efficiency and accuracy.

The ps4 is a beast and pound for pound a performer. The absolute best in gaming and for gamers for me. That's great. The xbox one however does something it cannot match. It answers the question. "Has gaming evolved"?
---
"Such is my RAGE, if there , before me laid a continent of you, I'd scorch the earth".
#2reverence26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:44:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/30/2013 9:48:23 PM
I really don't understand how some people think the kinect integration is the best thing since sliced bread. If I didn't have to pay for it, I would have just tossed my kinect into a box and never look at it again.
#4sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 9:50:30 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I really don't understand how some people think the kinect integration is the best thing since sliced bread. If I didn't have to pay for it, I would have just tossed my kinect into a box and never look at it again.

I wouldn't say it was the best thing since sliced bread, but it is a HELL of a lot better then it was. Granted it still picks up when you don't want it too but I am using this kinect more in the past 9 days then I did with the old kinect in the year and a half it sat on the top of my tv.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#5ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/30/2013 9:54:03 PM
sweetbloods posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

I wouldn't say it was the best thing since sliced bread, but it is a HELL of a lot better then it was. Granted it still picks up when you don't want it too but I am using this kinect more in the past 9 days then I did with the old kinect in the year and a half it sat on the top of my tv.

Voice recognition on mine works around 70% of the time and gestures don't work at all. But even if it did work exactly as it is supposed to, none of the abilities it offers to me I find intriguing or innovative. Everything it offers has already existed in the world of technology before, and it doesn't really solve any problems or even replace the controller as the main form of control. I just see it as expensive fluff that some people are going nuts about.
#6Riverraider98Posted 11/30/2013 9:54:53 PM
I completely agree although the graphics gap will be debatable. As of now Ryse is the best looking game on consoles. So we're gonna have an awesome decade of competition between these two corporations
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8
#7sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 9:57:31 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
sweetbloods posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Voice recognition on mine works around 70% of the time and gestures don't work at all. But even if it did work exactly as it is supposed to, none of the abilities it offers to me I find intriguing or innovative. Everything it offers has already existed in the world of technology before, and it doesn't really solve any problems or even replace the controller as the main form of control. I just see it as expensive fluff that some people are going nuts about.

But expensive fluff is also fun to go nuts over! Lol. I was really worried about the Kinect when I first heard that it was coming with the console. But it is winning me over. I know a lot of people are still having trouble with voice commands and hopefully that will be fixed soon.
---
#8B1GB0SS_86Posted 11/30/2013 10:31:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Yea dude. I got an Xbox one on black Friday and my kinect is still in the plastic wrap. I really dont need it. Its good to have one tho.
#9killerchicken69Posted 11/30/2013 10:39:09 PM
IMO I feel like the learning curve to use the controller to navigate the UI is harder than memorizing voice commands. As far as accuracy goes, I must be one of the lucky ones because I have not had a problem yet with it not understanding what I said.
---
"After time adrift among open stars. Along tides of light and through shoals of dust. I will return to where I began." Keelah se'lai.
#10sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 10:42:02 PM
killerchicken69 posted...
IMO I feel like the learning curve to use the controller to navigate the UI is harder than memorizing voice commands. As far as accuracy goes, I must be one of the lucky ones because I have not had a problem yet with it not understanding what I said.

Yeah voice commands are very easy to remember, unless your my little brother, who tried to shut off my xbox every time he goes past my room. It's "Xbox turn off" Not "Xbox Off" lol.
---