Are $ 500 really a lot for the average users here?

#231Caer_DeathPosted 12/1/2013 4:45:50 PM
silverwing525 posted...
Half a thousand dollars is a highly unreasonable amount of money to pay for what is being offered!

I find this post to be very insensive to those who are not rich. >:(
---
"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."
#232BigBOO2UPosted 12/1/2013 4:49:15 PM
tofato posted...
Are $ 500 really a lot for the average users here?

I have read lots of post complaining about the price ! If that so this people should find another hobby gaming is expensive!

I suggest you use all that extra money of yours to buy a few English classes.
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#233tatsuya1221Posted 12/1/2013 4:52:50 PM
Well it would take me 4 months to save up for a xb1, 3 for a ps4 plus i like jrpgs alot and plus, i have a gaming pc.

The choice seems obvious to me.
---
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.
#234VInarosPosted 12/1/2013 5:00:35 PM
..The phrase "just because you can doesn't always mean you should" comes to mind. Not to mention the iPhone craze not so long ago.

It wont last long enough to justify its cost: I cant live in it, eat it, or drive in it. All my systems and consoles since the Atari 2600 STILL work and don't require a constant internet connection to a server that will be defunct in the near future. Exception: FF11 was for the sake of my collection, never played it or installed the HDD in my PS2. MY CHOICE.

I don't know why people are constantly bring this s** up. Do what you feel is right for you. Yes I do hate that some peoples uninformed way of thinking is encouraging the industry to wrong and everything suffers as a whole. But what company thinks long term any more?

.."I'm rich, I have to piss away money like an idiot" .well I stand corrected, I'm so guilty , to each their own. :)
#235kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/1/2013 6:08:07 PM
whitelytning posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...
whitelytning posted...
The moderation staff is a joke around here.
1. How has this not been removed for trolling?
2. Why are there 200+ posts. What are you people doing?

you've trolled all of my topics. and how many of your posts just inane bumpsults, never address the topic and just constantly belittle people. youre still here, soo... any way they are expensive, any take on it? but if you were to say the topic title was reasonable but then read tc declare himself a misleading ass in his first post, then we totally agree on something.

I troll the people that are trolling this board. My threads/posts get deleted, theirs don't.

Just a clear bias by this site against MS and this system. Over the last few months they have purposely let this board degenerate into one of the worst I have seen on this site.

I just like pointing it out when there are obvious examples of bias such as this one.

regardless my point stands, and i have yet to troll a single person but alright, i didn't want to start a back and forth. i didn't have to call you out. i'm still a little bitter about having topics pulled myself , especially the one for not having line breaks, a 'wall of text' yet it had no trolling or attacks just good observations and deep questions about brand synergy vs privacy and i really wanted others thoughts. apparently not hitting enter is 'disruptive', too bad cause the comments i got are forever gone with it.

ohhhh... look at my nice linespacing...christmas lights...

i'd agree that an unusually high volume of misleading or outright provocative goings-on are on this board as opposed to others i check.
#236ValimerPosted 12/1/2013 6:28:02 PM
Yes it is. I love in Tokyo and it's just absurd what it costs to live here. That abs the xbox brand is a joke here made my decision easy this coming February.
---
Sent from my iPhone.
#237touyamizrahiPosted 12/1/2013 6:56:26 PM
whitelytning posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...
whitelytning posted...
The moderation staff is a joke around here.
1. How has this not been removed for trolling?
2. Why are there 200+ posts. What are you people doing?

you've trolled all of my topics. and how many of your posts just inane bumpsults, never address the topic and just constantly belittle people. youre still here, soo... any way they are expensive, any take on it? but if you were to say the topic title was reasonable but then read tc declare himself a misleading ass in his first post, then we totally agree on something.

I troll the people that are trolling this board. My threads/posts get deleted, theirs don't.

Just a clear bias by this site against MS and this system. Over the last few months they have purposely let this board degenerate into one of the worst I have seen on this site.

I just like pointing it out when there are obvious examples of bias such as this one.

Actually, all this proves is that the mods consider you to be trolling (as you've just admitted) so it's no wonder why your threads/posts are deleted. If other people's threads/posts aren't being deleted, then they're not trolling just because you think they are.

User thinking someone is a troll = idiot user.
Moderator deleting posts of a troll = troll claiming mods aren't doing their jobs.

Just pure lols <3. Keep up the good work mods <3, I know you're hitting the trolls that are actual trolls according to the ToS.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#238GTAfan421Posted 12/1/2013 9:22:52 PM
skermac posted...
tofato posted...
I have read lots of post complaining about the price ! If that so this people should find another hobby gaming is expensive!

$500 is nothing for a console, I paid $3500 for my alienware laptop. $500 is pocket change in comparison.

Alienware is overpriced garbage. You've basically wasted a ton of money on poorly built and overclocked hardware thats hardly worth probably even $800 - $900 at the most.

You could have had a much better (or at least equally as good) system for a quarter the price or less that would last you into next gen and still run most games on (at the very least) medium. That Alienware will more than likely be dead by the time 2015 rolls around, and support for Alienware is garbage, and getting one repaired is nothing short of a miracle, almost never happens. All you'd need to do is pay someone to help build a far superior custom machine (usually they ask around $100 - 150 bucks in my experience, probably less if you know someone), or build it on your own.
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#239Success_RicePosted 12/1/2013 9:24:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#240PHOENIXZEROPosted 12/1/2013 11:39:53 PM(edited)
Caer_Death posted...
PHOENIXZERO posted...
athomas917 posted...
In 1977, the Atari 2600 sold for $199. Adjusted for inflation that averages out to be $770 in today dollars.

Had the XBOX one been released in 1977, it would retailed for a whopping $130.

People on average in 1977 also made less than a quarter of what they do now.

http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=773&count=all

October 1977: $5.56/hour

October 2013: $20.26/hour

A quarter of what people make now: $5.06

People made more than a quarter of what they make now, not less.

Oh woopee-****ing-doo it's 50 **** cents per hour by your source and besides that, you don't go by hourly wage you go by yearly net income and I'll take the numbers from the Social Security office over that.

1977: 9,779.44
As of 2012: 44,321.67

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/AWI.html

$9,779.44 is 22% (rounded) of 44,321.67 so as I said, LESS THAN A QUARTER. That said, the US dollar was worth a lot more in 1977 than it is today so that 9,779.44 could obviously buy a lot more but the point stands and that point is you can't go and take a piece of technology, especially when it comes to computing and simply give it an inflation adjusted price.

EDIT: And for the sake of it, as irrelevant as it is, that $9,779.44 would be worth $36,530.94 as of 2012 which is still less than the average net yearly income.