Is the Xbox One Kinect just as unresponsive as the 360 Kinect?

#1shotgunheadshotPosted 11/30/2013 10:10:26 PM(edited)
I've had my Kinect for about a year and finally got around to using it on my 360 recently. I'm using it to navigate my dashboard but the Kinect is slow and doesn't track the speed of my hands so a constant lag delay is always apparent . I calibrated the Kinect a lot and nothing works.

And using my hand gestures doesn't make searching for things any easier and it's much much slower than a controller. I don't understand why I need voice commands when my controller does it faster too. So to me all Kinect is used mainly for is motion games which can be fun I guess, I only have a few.
---
I have two min pin dogs named Dixi and Dora.
#2sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 10:11:21 PM
Kinect 2.0 is a bit too responsive some times. I coughed while playing with some friends and was switched to the Crackle app...But it is good and does work when you need it too. If you need to, turn off the Kinect for games you tend to play online and talk to other people.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#3Lard_in_TeaPosted 11/30/2013 10:11:36 PM
Kinect 2.0 is supposed to be a vast improvement over the first one so it's likely much more responsive.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#4wskingwsPosted 11/30/2013 10:18:32 PM
I said it before and ill say it again, that thing only works when you're the only one in the room. Whenever there's people around it becomes unresponsive for some reason but when it does works its amazing. I'm talking about the voice recognition part, haven't tested games.
---
I am the voice of reason.
#5sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 10:20:09 PM
wskingws posted...
I said it before and ill say it again, that thing only works when you're the only one in the room. Whenever there's people around it becomes unresponsive for some reason but when it does works its amazing. I'm talking about the voice recognition part, haven't tested games.

First time hearing you say it! But yeah that is a bit of a problem. Just having my little brother watch me play games now is annoying. He is always asking questions and making it listen. Hopefully this will get better with time.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#6shotgunheadshot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 10:24:40 PM
wskingws posted...

I am the only one in my bedroom using it. It's still very unresponsive so it's just crap unless you are into motion games which I kinda am. The 360 Kinect is no good in the dashboard to me.
---
I have two min pin dogs named Dixi and Dora.
#7Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/30/2013 10:28:20 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
wskingws posted...

I am the only one in my bedroom using it. It's still very unresponsive so it's just crap unless you are into motion games which I kinda am. The 360 Kinect is no good in the dashboard to me.

He wasn't referring to you and your prototype Kinect .
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?