Anyone have both XB1/PS4?? Did Sony have an advantage coming out a week early?

#1bonecltr05Posted 11/30/2013 9:32:54 PM
Well ill start by saying every gen I had both a sony and microsoft console but I cant force myself to do it this gen. I could care less about all the business about broken drives, its so common on new consoles. I really really want an XB1 to the point where I bought one and returned it...really dying to play killer instinct and dead rising 3

Anyway I bought my ps4 on launch and couldnt wait and bought everything multiplatform for it so I obviously will not buy the games again on the XBO. To people with both is it really worth having both at this point? The games to me that are on both are identical aside from exclusives of course!
#2ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/30/2013 9:36:26 PM
I have both and no, it isn't worth getting both consoles right now. The best games are mutiplat, so getting just one will be most logical. Getting either the XB1 or PS4 right now is admittedly silly now that I have them. Even while owning most launch games like I do, most of them aren't great and the few that are aren't going to be enough to last me long. Oh well.
#3sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 9:39:28 PM
I don't think Sony had an advantage. Honestly anyone who was getting a console on day one already had their minds made up long before the beginning of Nov. I really wish both console hadn't launched during the gaming season, it makes it feel like both consoles were rushed to get out the door before Xmas.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#4bonecltr05(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:42:02 PM
My issue is im the guy companies love, always have to have the newest technology and its killing me to not have an XB1, I have a problem lol...

I totally agree they were rushed out before the xmas season, because both lack blockbuster exclusives and could have used a few more months of development considering the lineup of the current gen still has big games out now.
#5sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 9:48:03 PM
bonecltr05 posted...
My issue is im the guy companies love, always have to have the newest technology and its killing me to not have an XB1, I have a problem lol...

I totally agree they were rushed out before the xmas season, because both lack blockbuster exclusives and could have used a few more months of development considering the lineup of the current gen still has big games out now.

I am the girl that companies hate, I always research before I buy and always try to get the lowest price, but this time around I really wanted to play DR3. The past 5 years I have gotten more and more into gaming and this has made my wallet sad but I feel like getting it early wasn't a bad decision. Even though there aren't many games yet, I still get it to use Skype, which helps my relationship since I can't always be with my bf.
---
#6Samuel 025Posted 11/30/2013 9:50:53 PM
The problem with the Xbox One now is that they are making very similar mistakes that Sony made last generation. Releasing with a huge price tag and catering a lot towards doing everything instead of focusing on games first and multimedia second.

That doesn't change the fact that I'm getting an Xbox One, it's still a silly mistake.
---
|3DS: 4484-8261-6119 || Y: Sam || FS: Dragonaire/Fraxure/Sliggoo|
They call him a liar because he M'aiq's things up.
#7megametal42Posted 11/30/2013 9:51:21 PM
I have both, as well as a Wii U. For the record, I was a PS1 guy, then PS2, switched to 360 over PS3, but I'm more with PS4 this time. Granted, the Wii U has been out for a year, but I currently give that the edge over Xbox One. But hey, in time, they'll all be great, and that's all I really care about.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag/Playstation Network - Dethmetal42
i5-2550 @3.4ghz | 16gb DDR3 1333mhz | AMD 6950 | 240gb ssd | Coolmaster Silent Pro 1200w
#8sweetbloodsPosted 11/30/2013 9:54:21 PM
Samuel 025 posted...
The problem with the Xbox One now is that they are making very similar mistakes that Sony made last generation. Releasing with a huge price tag and catering a lot towards doing everything instead of focusing on games first and multimedia second.

That doesn't change the fact that I'm getting an Xbox One, it's still a silly mistake.

Yeah but if you think about how much people are using their consoles for other things then just gaming, Granted the whole Tv thing was a bit out there but there were times that I used my console just to watch Youtube or Netflix. The Xbox in my living room is mostly just for dvds now. I like the idea of a console being able to be multi-purpuse, I wouldn't spend $500 on something that just played games.
---
#9bonecltr05(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:54:27 PM
megametal42 posted...
I have both, as well as a Wii U. For the record, I was a PS1 guy, then PS2, switched to 360 over PS3, but I'm more with PS4 this time. Granted, the Wii U has been out for a year, but I currently give that the edge over Xbox One. But hey, in time, they'll all be great, and that's all I really care about.

Good point!
#10LostOdyssey17Posted 11/30/2013 9:58:31 PM
sweetbloods posted...
bonecltr05 posted...

I am the girl that companies hate, I always research before I buy and always try to get the lowest price, but this time around I really wanted to play DR3. The past 5 years I have gotten more and more into gaming and this has made my wallet sad but I feel like getting it early wasn't a bad decision. Even though there aren't many games yet, I still get it to use Skype, which helps my relationship since I can't always be with my bf.

A/S/L?
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.