Now that the Xbox one is out, what is the "power of the cloud" supposed to be?

#21WeirdShroomPosted 12/1/2013 12:08:51 AM
Sounds like better training.

I don't do racing games much, but I know human or humanesque AI better prepares you for humans than predictable AI.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#22ssjgohhkuPosted 12/2/2013 4:17:35 AM
The infinite power of the cloud pushes this machine to 720p at 30fps!
#23mcnichojPosted 12/2/2013 4:22:08 AM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
Its the Blast Processing of this generation:an overhyped buzzword for a tech that doesn't help game performance in any noticeable way.

But as before, the dumb and the ignorant will fall for it (and I say this as a proud owner of a Genesis since 1994).
Said the guy who doesn't have a Xbox One so instead of basing his statement on facts he's basing it on nothing.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#24BushidoEffect3Posted 12/2/2013 9:52:43 PM
magic power.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#25RaRitsujunPosted 12/2/2013 9:58:44 PM
Behold the pawaa of tehh clOudZ!
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 36 PSN Platinums - Level 23 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#26TheSL1ClubPosted 12/2/2013 10:15:29 PM
Let's just say the cloud power reduced the 1min death loading screen of DR3 from 1 hour Kappa.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#27archibald3Posted 12/2/2013 10:18:03 PM
If you really want to know read this thread..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67985239
#28KalibakPosted 12/2/2013 10:19:47 PM
Nope... marking you as a troll just ain't cutting it no more.
#29aj4x94Posted 12/2/2013 10:55:51 PM
-It backs up your saves
-Makes the graphics better(allegedly)
-Makes load times much faster
-It uploads your personal information to the National Security Agency
-It destroys them weaboo competitors
-It uses your information to determine what ads to stick on your screen later(when all the kinks are worked out)
-It determines which users are affiliated with terrorist organizations or cults
-Did I mention it's leagues beyond them weaboos, and their JRPGs?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#30Cowboy082288Posted 12/2/2013 11:21:38 PM
TC cloud technology is a very real thing. Companies like google/MS/Apple/IBM have invested billions of dollars into it. Right now the best examples of cloud tech in gaming comes from google. Google has made a lot of tools available to developers that make iOS/Android games. At this point no one is really sure how it will work out on the X1. I personally think that it is promising stuff.

All that being said if you really want to learn about it you need to do that on your own. Don't ask about it on this board. Most here do not know much about it and can not give you a good answer. Even if a good answer comes along it may be hard to separate it from the bad replies. Also a good answer is probably bigger than can be done in a single post. Don't worry you don't have to learn programming or networking but you do need to get a basic understanding of concepts such as virtual servers, development environments, and scalability.

Also in marketing the term 'cloud' is often used incorrectly. This is not really done to deceive people, it's just an easy way to convey an idea even though they are not being 100% accurate in their use of the term.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni