Dear god why do games take so long to install?

#31Ryan-06Posted 12/1/2013 4:50:40 PM
Can't handle the truth?
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
http://i.minus.com/is8qElkJbGXle.gif
#32ssjgohhkuPosted 12/2/2013 3:19:42 AM
Lol now they seriously tell us 10-20 times longer wait is better.
#33PrinceMedionPosted 12/2/2013 5:16:29 AM
I think this is something that's going to end up hurting Microsoft in the long run unless they find a way to fix it. It should never take so long to be able to play a game once you put the disk in it, they need to make the X1 run games like the PS4 (installing the game in the background while reading the disk so people can play games almost right away) I'm not an expert by any means but I hope this is something they can do with a firmware update because if its specifically hardware related then yeah... that sucks for everyone x1 user :\
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#34bob15xPosted 12/2/2013 5:38:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35dnmtPosted 12/2/2013 5:41:09 AM
bob15x posted...
Gamers need to just give up on life if they can't wait 10 minutes once per game for it to install.

all the stereotypes of gamers is so true. This forum proves that.

When your direct competitor doesn't make you wait 10 minutes per game and even costs $100 less then there's a problem with your product. No way around that.
#36Shiro-RedWind-Posted 12/2/2013 5:46:58 AM
bob15x posted...
Gamers need to just give up on life if they can't wait 10 minutes once per game for it to install.

As much as I want to agree I have to ask what generation of gaming you came from?

Since it's inception video games have always been a case of pop it in, hit power button, then play.

As time went on consoles evolved and things changed. We stopped being able to pop it in if the power was off, and got to the age of needing to turn the console on, insert the media, and then let it boot up, but we still were instantly playing.

Now, since times have once again evolved we grew to last gen, where when we popped it in, the next thing stopping us (if you were connected online or the disk came with a packet that updated you to the latest firmware) you were stopped by the games patches and updates from their respective companies.

Now, we come to the next gen/current generation, where you can't even put a game in without it needing to download, then install a portion of the game before it is ready to play.

I don't care how true your point is, or how true a stereotype is. Gaming has always been a " hit it and go " sort of thing. To pretend it hasn't or never was is simply foolish. So people vocally expressing discontent in not being able to immediately jump in is sound. PS4 handles this well by downloading everything in the back as well as having snappy install times. X1 does not. Microsoft needs to fix it, period.
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#37method115Posted 12/2/2013 6:10:38 AM
bob15x posted...

I agree it's not a big deal to wait that long I was used to it with my 360. I'll be honest though the quick installs on the PS4 are a very nice feature.
---
PSN: method114
#38MilesTeg420Posted 12/2/2013 6:14:12 AM
MS was busy trying to build a casual multitasking console. Sony was busy fixing the PS3's shortcomings. Basically it's not surprising that the console built with the gamer in mind is better at gaming related activities. PS4 does this through custom hardware, and much like the streaming capabilities, Xbox One is unlikely to be able to match it unless there is a hardware change in the future.
#39ssjgohhkuPosted 12/2/2013 7:45:16 AM
Shiro-RedWind- posted...
Gaming has always been a " hit it and go " sort of thing. To pretend it hasn't or never was is simply foolish. So people vocally expressing discontent in not being able to immediately jump in is sound. PS4 handles this well by downloading everything in the back as well as having snappy install times. X1 does not. Microsoft needs to fix it, period.

This! This! This!
#40CyborgTwentyPosted 12/4/2013 3:45:55 PM
PS4 does this in the background and you don't have to wait for downloads and installs to finish, you can immediately play and PS4 does everything in the background.