What exactly is cloud technology?

#41FriedLemonPosted 12/1/2013 4:23:44 AM
Until they actually implement it take it with a grain of salt.

On that note, I'm still waiting on my PC that utilizes quantum computing.
#42DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/1/2013 5:14:42 PM
Yes thats completely comparable. Its not like we've been cloud gaming for 20 years now or anything! The ognorance is astounding, cloud doesnt have to prove anything. Its an extremely common practice that ignorant peasants dont understand.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#43FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 9:22:06 AM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...
Yes thats completely comparable. Its not like we've been cloud gaming for 20 years now or anything! The ognorance is astounding, cloud doesnt have to prove anything. Its an extremely common practice that ignorant peasants dont understand.

Oh? so they've implemented cloud computing in the X1 have they? Until they actually implement it in the X1 it's nothing but empty promises. Ignorance indeed.

And let me make this clear for you, this is the promises of "better graphics and enhanced ai" not just cloud storage rubbish.
#44TrueBlue91Posted 12/2/2013 9:30:05 AM
Cloud = Blast processing
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#45DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/2/2013 10:23:15 AM
FriedLemon posted...

Oh? so they've implemented cloud computing in the X1 have they? Until they actually implement it in the X1 it's nothing but empty promises. Ignorance indeed.

And let me make this clear for you, this is the promises of "better graphics and enhanced ai" not just cloud storage rubbish.

This is the dumbest statement of the topic.

1. Forza already uses cloud for AI
2. Saying that cloud doesnt do anything for games because it hasnt been used yet isnt even a logical argument. Its like saying because there are no jrpgs on these consoles that it is impossible.

Did you know FFXIV uses cloud gaming? Omg advanced technology right?! Like FFXI advanced! Omg ELder scrolls online must be a lie too!

Seriously, people sound so brain damaged when discussing cloud.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#46archibald3Posted 12/2/2013 10:40:15 AM
No its not new at all and yes it IS virtual servers, thats why they are able to do this and thats exactly what they say. It is a far more efficient way to allocate and reallocate resources.

We should take a rest. It was cool to have a real discussion about Cloud rather than get flooded with the usually ignorant troll responses like "lol Cloud isn't practical yet!" and that sort of ignorance. Its hilarious they think Cloud side processing for games is impossible because they don't even know what an MMO is. Hell I have someone from my ignore list who posted here and I bet its SoulTrapper peddling his "lol its not gonna work for consoles cause only stoooooooRAGE!"

I think this subject just ruffles the feathers of the Sony fanboys because there is a suggestion of it being something which bodes well for Microsoft. Any suggestion that the X1 has any advantantage or capability beyond the Ps4 draws their ire.

It was an interesting read though - as i had no idea. Thanks for this...
#47FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 12:09:46 PM
FriedLemon posted...

1. Forza already uses cloud for AI
2. Saying that cloud doesnt do anything for games because it hasnt been used yet isnt even a logical argument. Its like saying because there are no jrpgs on these consoles that it is impossible.

Did you know FFXIV uses cloud gaming? Omg advanced technology right?! Like FFXI advanced! Omg ELder scrolls online must be a lie too!

Seriously, people sound so brain damaged when discussing cloud.

1. Forza uses the cloud for AI? You mean just like how Tekken has Ghosts of players? It's basically the exact same thing except I don't remember Tekken requiring "The Cloud".
2. You need to learn to read, I said cloud gaming has not been implemented in the X1 so your rubbish about things not on the X1 is completely irrelevant.

Seriously some people are so stupid they can't even read one sentence.
#48kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/2/2013 12:12:49 PM
in case no one answered the tcs question or they havn't googled it by now. cloud is data and programs you can use from servers. a server is a cpu and memory on a motherboard. you can make your own servers, regular old computers, and if you remote desktop a task that pulls some from one of your computers, you've used a server. if you do a task that pulls some from one computer and some from another server computer, you've used the cloud. potentially you could get cloud computing on your xb1 by using power and memory from the 'cloud' of all the online xb1's on standby. this points only for illustration, it doesn't, at least i don't think it does.

so that's it basically, azure is a cloud service, like amazons aws, it uses a ton of 1.6ghz processors, and they allocated 300,000 physical servers, motherboards, just for xb1. the cool part is, just like netflix having the one copy of snatch and we all stream it. gaikai, sonys cloud service, lets many people play crysis 2 on max settings but just runs the one game. azure could potentially do similar, but is apparently focusing on letting xb1 offload game elements, ai, maps, (even graphics and physics COULD be possible) to the cloud. sony could do this too, but the companies seem to have thier own focus. potentially having a giant rich world where those elements are on the cloud and most of the rest of the game and xb1 power is saved for the other elements, i'd really like to seewhat that could be.

for me personally they hyped the crap out of the cloud and launched with little to show. but in theory it should be cool in the future.

i also think thats a really fleshed out conversation those two had with good points.
#49DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/2/2013 12:14:24 PM
So you are saying Ghosts in Tekken is the same as creating AI profiles?

Wow, this is really pathetic. And yes, Forza AI is using Cloud to process AI routines, something that requires server side processing. Your comparison is beyond idiotic. You are saying MMOs like FFXIV don't use Cloud because its just like Tekken... All games online use some form of server side processing, whether its dedicated servers or simple matching making. The difference is the magnitude of processing and here, Forza does something that would take up too much resources on the console itself for the console.

And no, your point was just plain stupid. You think the Cloud needs to be proven. It does not. It has been ongoing for decades now.
---
#50FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 12:21:16 PM(edited)
Forza AI is using Cloud to process AI routines, something that requires server side processing. Your comparison is beyond idiotic.

Source, Forza just creates profiles and uploads then downloads them. Kinda like...GASP TEKKEN.

You are saying MMOs like FFXIV don't use Cloud because its just like Tekken... All games online use some form of server side processing, whether its dedicated servers or simple matching making. The difference is the magnitude of processing and here, Forza does something that would take up too much resources on the console itself for the console.

And no, your point was just plain stupid. You think the Cloud needs to be proven. It does not. It has been ongoing for decades now.

I'm fully aware that anything requesting data off the internet is "cloud processing", my point was the X1 isn't delivering what MS promised it would deliver. "4 X1s"

And no, my point was that it hasn't been proven on the X1, again so moronic that you couldn't read one sentence even after being told you missed the point. Astounding.