What exactly is cloud technology?

#51DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/2/2013 12:22:39 PM
Was that goal post kind of heavy? Now we are comparing it with 4x1?

Who has been discussing this? Xbox One Cloud has no need to deliver 4x Xbox One power. It simply needs to deliver Cloud processing. Thanks for making up stuff now. I love how you are suddenly changing your argument and assume we knew what you were talking about this whole time.

And yes it has proven itself, hence Forza AI, so we know that Cloud is offering free dedicated servers and offering server side processing for X1 games to a significant degree and far beyond any first party games last generation already.

And no there needs no proof as to what Cloud can do since we already know about most of it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#52Viet0nePosted 12/2/2013 12:24:38 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Who has been discussing this? Xbox One Cloud has no need to deliver 4x Xbox One power. It simply needs to deliver Cloud processing. Thanks for making up stuff now. I love how you are suddenly changing your argument and assume we knew what you were talking about this whole time.

And yes it has proven itself, hence Forza AI, so we know that Cloud is offering free dedicated servers and offering server side processing for X1 games to a significant degree and far beyond any first party games last generation already.

And no there needs no proof as to what Cloud can do since we already know about most of it.

Except player profiles being played against isn't a new concept, it existed on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Dedicated servers aren't new either.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#53DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/2/2013 12:27:18 PM
Doesn't matter if player profiles is new. No one said Cloud technology is new. In fact, the argument is that Cloud technology is not new at all and has been fairly common so there is no surprise that the Cloud will add a lot to games. Fact is, Forza uses an advanced AI processing system through the Cloud, not that its new. But please, go ahead and list how much better console generated AI in racing games are in other games. Please list some!

Oh wait, its Viet0ne. It would be a miracle if he even understood what was being discussed here.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#54FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 12:32:38 PM

Making stuff up? the 4 X1 thing was a direct quote from an interview.

Nowhere did I change my argument. I love how you can blame someone else when you lack reading comprehension.

Fact is Forza Drivatar is the same thing as Tekken ghosts. Still waiting on a source from you to prove otherwise btw.
#55MCC1701Posted 12/2/2013 12:44:44 PM
Doesn't matter if player profiles is new. No one said Cloud technology is new. In fact, the argument is that Cloud technology is not new at all and has been fairly common so there is no surprise that the Cloud will add a lot to games. Fact is, Forza uses an advanced AI processing system through the Cloud, not that its new. But please, go ahead and list how much better console generated AI in racing games are in other games. Please list some!

Oh wait, its Viet0ne. It would be a miracle if he even understood what was being discussed here.

Dang, what crawled up your bum? Try not using personal attacks and pr buzz words, as well as not being overly optimistic and you'll probably have better discussions.

People who cling to extremes tend to agitate and alienate people. Hence why trolls and fanboys are equally hated.
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#56kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/2/2013 12:50:39 PM
well it waaas a good conversation.

is it really all free DESPERATEMONKEY? i thought the dynamic pricing thing was one of the best things for devs, just pay for what they are actually using, of course free is good too, but i thought that one point was really good for niche games, and small but active games. i remember they said free, and then, not exactly free, but if it is free then that indeed that is awesome just further cutting the cost and time for devs.
#57MRL3G3NDPosted 12/2/2013 1:01:45 PM
it's a friggin server for x sake!

people who don't know computers thought that the word server was incomprehensible...so apple coined the term "Cloud"

Apparently it is easier to imagine data floating in the sky, then in a box in a basement somewhere.

MS thought that they could take it and run with it...but forgot...most people familiar with MS/PC's can see through the farce...

what they have proposed...MAYBE....maybe next gen...the internet is too slow and unreliable to send calculations to and from another computer over the net...

What it will be basically used for is dedicated servers...which have been pumping since the 90's
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#58MCC1701Posted 12/2/2013 1:08:18 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
it's a friggin server for x sake!

people who don't know computers thought that the word server was incomprehensible...so apple coined the term "Cloud"

Apparently it is easier to imagine data floating in the sky, then in a box in a basement somewhere.

MS thought that they could take it and run with it...but forgot...most people familiar with MS/PC's can see through the farce...

what they have proposed...MAYBE....maybe next gen...the internet is too slow and unreliable to send calculations to and from another computer over the net...

What it will be basically used for is dedicated servers...which have been pumping since the 90's

Correct, but technically MS never said the part about sending calculations to and from your console, though they phrased it like that. Fanboys and non tech-savvy people ran with it, causing confusion.
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#59DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/2/2013 2:19:48 PM
MCC1701 posted...

Dang, what crawled up your bum? Try not using personal attacks and pr buzz words, as well as not being overly optimistic and you'll probably have better discussions.

People who cling to extremes tend to agitate and alienate people. Hence why trolls and fanboys are equally hated.

Don't like it, don't respond. Viet0ne isn't exactly a stealth troll.

@FriedLemon

Oh that makes sense now... you are talking about some obscure article that no one is referencing in a discussion about what Cloud actually does! I mean how relevant is that, right? Instead of talking about what Cloud actually does, we should assume you were referencing some article about MS PR.

Are you dizzy yet?
---
#60archibald3Posted 12/2/2013 3:59:45 PM
MCC1701 posted...

This is one of the better discussions i`ve read on here recently and most of the "better" part was Monkey`s knowledge. Last thing the discussion needed was you kicking in to slap someones wrist.

Where have YOU been with all the ridiculous trolling posts and subjects on this board ? Oh yeah mostly right in the middle participating .