What exactly is cloud technology?

#91FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 11:43:07 PM
MCC1701 posted...
FriedLemon posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
How does this change the fact that your article is irrelevant to what is being discussed?

Also, you need a SOURCE for Forza AI? Are you just closing your eyes and praying to some god? Just google drivatars or one of the dozens of REVIEWS that discusses drivatars... Should I also grab you a source that MMO games exist too?

Lmao pathetic, it's now devolved into deflection has it? Either that or you still haven't learned how to read a sentence.

Forza AI is using Cloud to process AI routines, something that requires server side processing. Your comparison is beyond idiotic.

Source, Forza just creates profiles and uploads then downloads them. Kinda like...GASP TEKKEN.

If you can't come up with a source that Forza Drivatars are no more than just creating profiles, then uploading and downloading those profiles then it's the same thing as Tekken and you're full of s***.

And no, how is a direct quote from MS on what the cloud can do for the X1 irrelevant? So sad that "irrelevant" is the best defense you can come up when everyone can see you've got nothing.

I would make a comment about "calming down" but apparently that upsets people and is trolling :P

While very similar, the primary difference is that you can upload your profile while your friend is offline, and your friend can download it while you are offline. This is pretty nice, and while not the first to allow this type of storing of non-save data, it is a good thing.

WeirdShroom posted...
GOD, you people are lazy.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/drivatar/forza.aspx

There! Took me five seconds.

I don't want to criticize, but after reading over that I don't quite see how this is different from previous AIs built after players(though it does sound more advanced and integrated) but I didn't see anything referring to it being uploaded to MS's cloud servers to be downloaded by others, it merely mentions transferring it via USB. Did I miss something?

Hey it's fine, I appreciate what you tried to do back there. But this monkey was apparently extremely butthurt and I just responded in kind.

But yes I still see nothing that would differentiate Drivatars from Tekken ghosts on the level that this monkey claims.
#92WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 11:43:42 PM
That entire article explains how they use the cloud. How did you not catch that? Did you even read it?
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#93MCC1701Posted 12/2/2013 11:50:31 PM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
That entire article explains how they use the cloud. How did you not catch that? Did you even read it?

They use the cloud to collect data to construct AIs, but not in the way drivitar constructs an AI after you locally. At first glance they seem similar, but they are very unrelated(though feel free to prove me wrong, I rather be corrected than continuing to be misinformed)

Or are you referring to the first one? That was all done locally, it never made mention of servers or the cloud or anything. I actually was confused because it said the only way to share drivitars was via a USB drive.

I actually am really happy to see someone hunting down and posting link to back themselves up instead of pulling stuff out of their butt like 99% of the people on this board do, every once in a while I have my faith in the humanity of this site restored, plus you are picking good articles not ones with no backing or really boring.

FriedLemon posted...
Hey it's fine, I appreciate what you tried to do back there. But this monkey was apparently extremely butthurt and I just responded in kind.

But yes I still see nothing that would differentiate Drivatars from Tekken ghosts on the level that this monkey claims.

Thanks, me and Monkey were having a decent discussion but all of a sudden things got really emotional and he flipped from good discussion to the fanboy propaganda that flooded these boards after E3.
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#94FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 11:46:52 PM
WeirdShroom posted...

It's long, I glanced through it and it's still just basically creating profiles based on how X person plays then uploading and downloading them. Feel free to point me in the right direction though.
#95WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 11:49:29 PM
MCC1701 posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

They use the cloud to collect data to construct AIs, but not in the way drivitar constructs an AI after you locally. At first glance they seem similar, but they are very unrelated(though feel free to prove me wrong, I rather be corrected than continuing to be misinformed)

"Drivatar" is the accumulated general AI AND the personal AI. It's all one thing. lol
---
#96WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 11:51:45 PM
FriedLemon posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

It's long, I glanced through it and it's still just basically creating profiles based on how X person plays then uploading and downloading them. Feel free to point me in the right direction though.

Yes, and the cloud gives it the boost it needs to be far more advanced and better than any regular upload and download systems you speak of. It says that too. Try reading buddy. I don't aim to sound condescending, but you make it impossible when you don't read the thing that tells you what you keep asking and then shrug it off.
---
#97MCC1701Posted 12/3/2013 12:00:22 AM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
MCC1701 posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

"Drivatar" is the accumulated general AI AND the personal AI. It's all one thing. lol

Not exactly.

They were speaking about collecting data from human racers to teach the AI to do things that are very human, such as fake a racer out. This is very cool and I like it a lot. It is possible they will use it to "update" the AI in the game down the road with the data they collected, but I saw no mention of it.

Drivitars is a 100% local process(according to that super long article you posted I read) that generates an AI in the same method as the other article did, except locally and from only one person. It makes no mention of ANYTHING online or using data from other users on it.

If they were one in the same, wouldn't that eliminate the point of drivitars since all of them would be the same if they all are created from everyone's data? Again if I am missing something feel free to pull up another link, or quote part of the articles if I missed something.

If you were mistaken there is no shame is admitting that, especially in this situation. The two are VERY similar and I can see how someone could be confused. Plus I didn't even know about them collecting data from all their users so you already taught me something today.
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#98FriedLemonPosted 12/2/2013 11:57:28 PM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
FriedLemon posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

Yes, and the cloud gives it the boost it needs to be far more advanced and better than any regular upload and download systems you speak of. It says that too. Try reading buddy. I don't aim to sound condescending, but you make it impossible when you don't read the thing that tells you what you keep asking and then shrug it off.

I did say I glanced through it (which means I looked through it for parts that specifically pertain to the cloud functions) and didn't see anything that would differentiate it from Tekken Ghosts. What I saw was more evidence that it is indeed similar to Tekken Ghosts.
#99WeirdShroomPosted 12/3/2013 12:02:59 AM
MCC1701 posted...
WeirdShroom posted...
MCC1701 posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

Not exactly.

They were speaking about collecting data from human racers to teach the AI to do things that are very human, such as fake a racer out. This is very cool and I like it a lot. It is possible they will use it to "update" the AI in the game down the road with the data they collected, but I saw no mention of it.

Drivitars is a 100% local process(according to that super long article you posted I read) that generates an AI in the same method as the other article did, except locally and from only one person. It makes no mention of ANYTHING online or using data from other users on it.

If they were one in the same, wouldn't that eliminate the point of drivitars since all of them would be the same if they all are created from everyone's data? Again if I am missing something feel free to pull up another link, or quote part of the articles if I missed something.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/how-forza-5-and-the-xbox-one-use-the-cloud-to-drive-machine-learning-ai/

This article talks about both data compiled from other users and you personally to create Drivatars and YOUR Drivatar.

Not sure which ones they actually use now, whether it's other people for opponents or just you vs yourself.....but this article talks abut it both ways AND how the cloud helps vs non cloud.
---
#100WeirdShroomPosted 12/3/2013 12:04:52 AM
Lemon......Did you Ctrl+F and search Cloud?

I did and got all the info you were asking about.....now it's your turn to learn. Go back and do, don't just glance and then expect me to parrot talk you through it.
---