So the Xbone will apparently buy things for you even when you don't want it to

#1dnmtPosted 12/1/2013 2:39:20 AM(edited)
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1rsoav/xbox_one_bought_two_games_when_i_wanted_1_warning/

A friend of mine who also has XB1 came over the other weekend.
He'd signed into his profile and we were playing KI together on the same console.
During our play session, I decided to buy Ryse.
We were both sitting in front of the tv at the time, and I went to buy Ryse - which showed my CC and asked to confirm the purchase. It made no mention of his profile or anything.
When he went home, he had a copy of Ryse on his Xbox one, and paid for the game as well.
One important thing to note here, he had 70 dollars of credit in his Xbox account, converted from MS points from the 360. This is what was used to pay for the game - so essentially it wasnt pulled from his CC also, however he still paid for the game.
I'd highly recommend that you remove any other profiles when you buy games on your system if the other person is in the room with you. If not, they may end up with a surprise CC charge and a new game they may or may not want.
Another somewhat unrelated issue, when he went home, all of his progress in KI had been erased, and all of my unlocks (including the $40 dollar unlocks) in game were now also his. He does not however have KI1 (the bonus from the $40 pack) as something he can install.
It would be nice to get some attention to this issue because I feel like its a huge one, and in the end this could end up happening to a lot of people. This needs to be fixed.

Just another great feature of the new Kinect 2.0.
#2SCB3Posted 12/1/2013 2:41:06 AM
Hangon, he was signed into his profile when he bought the game and was shocked when he got home to see he had bought it?
---
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, You should have Expected us".
GT - SCB360 PSN - ThePunisherSCB
#3RebelGameMasterPosted 12/1/2013 2:43:00 AM
Wow. Even after all the crap that has happened, Microsoft and their XBone continue to amaze.

Other than the bad press, Microsoft is getting away with murder.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#4Jiggy101011Posted 12/1/2013 2:45:09 AM
dnmt posted...
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1rsoav/xbox_one_bought_two_games_when_i_wanted_1_warning/

A friend of mine who also has XB1 came over the other weekend.
He'd signed into his profile and we were playing KI together on the same console.
During our play session, I decided to buy Ryse.
We were both sitting in front of the tv at the time, and I went to buy Ryse - which showed my CC and asked to confirm the purchase. It made no mention of his profile or anything.
When he went home, he had a copy of Ryse on his Xbox one, and paid for the game as well.
One important thing to note here, he had 70 dollars of credit in his Xbox account, converted from MS points from the 360. This is what was used to pay for the game - so essentially it wasnt pulled from his CC also, however he still paid for the game.
I'd highly recommend that you remove any other profiles when you buy games on your system if the other person is in the room with you. If not, they may end up with a surprise CC charge and a new game they may or may not want.
Another somewhat unrelated issue, when he went home, all of his progress in KI had been erased, and all of my unlocks (including the $40 dollar unlocks) in game were now also his. He does not however have KI1 (the bonus from the $40 pack) as something he can install.
It would be nice to get some attention to this issue because I feel like its a huge one, and in the end this could end up happening to a lot of people. This needs to be fixed.

Just another great feature of the new Kinect 2.0.

So some random internet user posted this on reddit without anything to back up what they said and I should just believe that their story is true?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#5SoulTrapperPosted 12/1/2013 2:45:19 AM
Sounds like some issues with the cloud.
It seems like it failed to separate the different data of both guys when saving it.

That sucks.
#6TenzhiPosted 12/1/2013 2:46:29 AM
SCB3 posted...
Hangon, he was signed into his profile when he bought the game and was shocked when he got home to see he had bought it?

As I read it: Friend A and Friend B were both signed into their profiles on Friend A's console when Friend A purchased a game. Then, when Friend B went home to his own console and signed in he found that the purchase Friend A was now downloading on Friend B's console and had also been deducted credit he had on his profile.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#7JonnyBigBossPosted 12/1/2013 2:50:30 AM
More trolling, more ignoring.
---
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#8SoulTrapperPosted 12/1/2013 3:11:15 AM
JonnyBigBoss posted...

How is this trolling?
This could affect quite a few people, making it known this could happen can actually avoid Microsoft a lot of bad press, which we all know it really doesn't need.
#9dnmt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 3:16:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10RebelGameMasterPosted 12/1/2013 3:18:36 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
JonnyBigBoss posted...

How is this trolling?
This could affect quite a few people, making it known this could happen can actually avoid Microsoft a lot of bad press, which we all know it really doesn't need.

SoulTrapper, you're failing to keep up with the times. Do you play FPSs? *waits for a response* Well, in the FPS genre the word "camping" means someone who stands stationary waiting for an unsuspecting enemy to run by and then defeating them. That word, camping, has now evolved to mean ANYONE who has killed you. I've been called a camper coming out of a full sprint. And at my buddy's house the other night his wife burned the chicken and he proceeded to call her a "camper."

In that same respect, the word "trolling" has come to mean: The act of speaking or writing about Microsoft's Xbox One in a negative or less than perfect manor.

I hope this helps.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.