How much $ would MS have to pay Activision to make COD Xbox & PC Exclusive?

#1VeonVoidPosted 12/1/2013 3:04:57 AM
Theoretically speaking and is it even worth it?
#2GevousPosted 12/1/2013 3:06:59 AM
No.
---
FC 3DS: 5327-1143-0537
#3WeirdShroomPosted 12/1/2013 3:07:43 AM
COD will lose it's luster. It's not worth it.

It already failed to take back, or even come within a sniper shot, of GTA5's new fastest selling game record.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#4RebelGameMasterPosted 12/1/2013 3:08:46 AM
I don't know how much money.

But that is a win for Activision as I believe the series best days were behind them. My monthly gaming magazine gave BF4 a 8.75 while Ghosts received an 8.0 and my friends and I all believe that was too generous.

MS did good on securing Titanfall but it might be too little too late. Especially if it turns out to be mediocre.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#5dnmtPosted 12/1/2013 3:10:15 AM
WeirdShroom posted...

It already failed to take back, or even come within a sniper shot, of GTA5's new fastest selling game record.

Yeah, I think Ghosts is the beginning of the end for CoD unless Treyarch does something amazing with their next title.
#6SoulTrapperPosted 12/1/2013 3:15:19 AM
I don't think it would be financially viable.

The amount of money it would cost to make it exclusive would be way too high even for Microsoft.
They'd not only have to compensate Activision for the loss of the playstation and Wii sales, but also for the bad press they'd get through it.

And seeing as how the higher ups at MS are already questioning the viability of the xbox division, this would seem highly unlikely.
#7WeirdShroomPosted 12/1/2013 3:17:51 AM
dnmt posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

Yeah, I think Ghosts is the beginning of the end for CoD unless Treyarch does something amazing with their next title.

I can't recall Treyarch doing anything amazing since Spiderman 2
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."