Best Microsoft console?

#1sailormoonfetisPosted 12/1/2013 4:10:14 AM
Best Microsoft console? - Results (235 votes)
Xbox
27.23% (64 votes)
Xbox 360
52.34% (123 votes)
Xbox One
20.43% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wondering.
---
Super Sentai Series, making ryona since 1975.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyRop_Vly0
#2richboy900Posted 12/1/2013 4:21:36 AM
Original Xbox for me. Dat hardware (in its day), and mine has been 100% bulletproof to this day. Its a launch console as well. Deserved to be supported for longer :(. Preferred it to my ps2 without question, proof sales/popularity mean nothing.
#3RebelGameMasterPosted 12/1/2013 4:43:17 AM
Xbox had Halo, Fable, and Oblivion. All provided hours upon hours of fun.

Another plus is that my cousin has a huge game rage issue. We saw him destroy all systems and their controllers. One day he raged at Halo and proceeded to try and punch it. The Xbox was not having it and it took the shots like a champ while cutting him with its linear vent-like sides.

360 also provides tons of fun, and can even withstand a 130lb kid standing on it as if it were a weighing machine. How do I know? Because for all the worship I hear about the controller it sucks for Street Fighter. It, however, didn't get my vote for the best console because of the subscription.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#4NateRose89Posted 12/1/2013 5:24:47 AM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Xbox had Halo, Fable, and Oblivion. All provided hours upon hours of fun.

Another plus is that my cousin has a huge game rage issue. We saw him destroy all systems and their controllers. One day he raged at Halo and proceeded to try and punch it. The Xbox was not having it and it took the shots like a champ while cutting him with its linear vent-like sides.

360 also provides tons of fun, and can even withstand a 130lb kid standing on it as if it were a weighing machine. How do I know? Because for all the worship I hear about the controller it sucks for Street Fighter. It, however, didn't get my vote for the best console because of the subscription.

Nope Xbox had Morrowind. 360 had Oblivion!
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#5sailormoonfetis(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 5:51:05 PM
Xbox One needs a new DOAX game. DOA was a console seller on the first Xbox after all.
---
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/2/2013 5:57:45 PM
Xbox easy. Great console did fairly well when it had the colossal PS2 as its competition. That was just a great generation. PS2 had great games Xbox and Gamecube. never played dreamcast...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#7sailormoonfetis(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 7:03:38 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Xbox easy. Great console did fairly well when it had the colossal PS2 as its competition. That was just a great generation. PS2 had great games Xbox and Gamecube. never played dreamcast...

Exactly. 6th gen had the best competition of all time. PS2 had Final Fantasy X. Xbox had Dead or Alive 3. Gamecube had Resident Evil Remake. While PC had MMORPGs.
---
#8Merc123Posted 12/2/2013 7:20:16 PM
I would say original Xbox

Original Xbox introduced Xbox Live and i loved every minute of it. Halo 2 and Star Wars Battlefront were just amazing to play online. Honestly i played so much more online back then when it felt new than i do now. You also had amazing games like Morrowind and Kotor. I hated the Duke controller but once controller S came out that was great. Custom soundtracks were great to have in games like Tony Hawk and Transworld Surf. Also it sold pretty well despite being up against PS2, and imo had much better games than Gamecube.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#9DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 7:21:49 PM
sailormoonfetis posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

Exactly. 6th gen had the best competition of all time. PS2 had Final Fantasy X. Xbox had Dead or Alive 3. Gamecube had Resident Evil Remake. While PC had MMORPGs.

I voted for the Xbox 360 since I think it was the big "winner" last generation for me at least, no matter what the numbers show.

I do agree however that the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube generation had the best overall competition and gaming. I don't know that I'd give the Xbox the nod over the 360 though.
#10sailormoonfetis(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 7:32:11 PM
Merc123 posted...
Honestly i played so much more online back then when it felt new than i do now.

I guess with more people having internet access now than before, some online games in this gen were suffering badly to having a terrible netcode.
---