Xbox One most purchased console on Black Friday

#1PyschoRaidenPosted 12/1/2013 8:04:24 AM
"Shopping market research firm InfoScout has confirmed that Microsoft’s Xbox One console proved to be the most sought after games console during Black Friday. However, the Wii U failed to drum enough interest with consumers, as the console was placed fifth behind the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Xbox One dominated Walmart and Target. The console came in at number one with an impressive 31 percent share even though it was the most expensive console at $499."

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/01/xbox-one-wins-black-friday-sales-battle-wii-u-comes-in-5th-just-in-front-of-wii/
---
OURS IS THE FURY
#2TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/1/2013 8:07:45 AM
They can thank the marketing department for that. I don't think I've ever been bombarded with so many game console commercials in such a small period of time.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#3Mr_Big_BossPosted 12/1/2013 8:08:37 AM
It was only the most purchased console on Black Friday because PS4 was still sold out.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#4NeoMonkPosted 12/1/2013 8:09:43 AM
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

LOL seriously tho' PS4 has been sold out everywhere I'm actually stunned they had some sales...
Walmart near me had 4 consoles to sell... LOL
That's crazy stuff
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5TMOGPosted 12/1/2013 8:10:40 AM
It's easy to sell the most when you're the easiest one to find.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#6JWJW99Posted 12/1/2013 8:11:15 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
It was only the most purchased console on Black Friday because PS4 was still sold out.

Yup easy to take that title when XBOne never sold out in NA on launch but we know who did sell out 3 weeks in a roll!
#7Super240sx71Posted 12/1/2013 8:11:31 AM
My local walmart and best buy has ps4s available still today.
#8HamburgerTime88Posted 12/1/2013 8:14:52 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

This. Congrats on selling more by default in the US while they released the ps4 in Europe and sold out again lol
---
---"I'm going to bang your mouth""eat my cheese" manbirds---
#9whitelytningPosted 12/1/2013 8:18:08 AM(edited)
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

So MS does a better job of meeting demand and having products available and it is somehow a bad thing?

Do you guys (not necessarily the guy quoted but the people that quoted him) even try to think before you post?
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#10TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/1/2013 8:17:12 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

Good point. My Gamestop was sold out on Wednesday but said they would have a few in stock on Black Friday. They had a wall full of XB1s on Wednesday though.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D