Controller battery life?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller battery life?

User Info: zelda_3003

zelda_3003
3 years ago#1
Probably depends on the batteries you're using but roughly how long does your controller last for?

User Info: Aconformist

Aconformist
3 years ago#2
I'm still using the AA duracells that came with it from the midnight launch.

User Info: sweetbloods

sweetbloods
3 years ago#3
The batteries that came with the console lasted me 3 days. My boyfriend lasted 5 days. The brand I am using now has lasted 6 days now and I use the console a lot so 6 days isn't bad.
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
3 years ago#4
sweetbloods posted...
The batteries that came with the console lasted me 3 days. My boyfriend lasted 5 days. The brand I am using now has lasted 6 days now and I use the console a lot so 6 days isn't bad.

There is a joke in that post there that I will just leave alone.....LOL..

On topic, at some point it becomes financially beneficial to simply buy the play-and-charge kit.
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!

User Info: zelda_3003

zelda_3003
3 years ago#5
TheBorderCollie posted...
sweetbloods posted...

On topic, at some point it becomes financially beneficial to simply buy the play-and-charge kit.

How long does the play and charge kit last? Just wondering as I'm underwhelmed with the dualshock 4 battery life and quite content with the Wii U Pro controller battery life

sweetbloods
3 years ago#6
TheBorderCollie posted...
sweetbloods posted...

Yeah yeah, I caught what you mean...

I am getting a play and charge soon. I know they will be on sale soon and plus if I am lucky I might be able to use my powerup rewards points to get one free, so I don't mind waiting a bit. At this rate the $6 dollar batteries I bought (12 in the pack) should last me till the end of the year.

User Info: khardbored

khardbored
3 years ago#7
If you put down the controller where the Kinect can see it, it will put the controller in stand-by which really helps preserve battery life. But in the end, a play and charge kit is infinitely better.
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */

sweetbloods
3 years ago#8
khardbored posted...
If you put down the controller where the Kinect can see it, it will put the controller in stand-by which really helps preserve battery life. But in the end, a play and charge kit is infinitely better.

Really? I had no idea that the kinect does this. Normally I just throw my controller on my bed if I am watching a movie and wait for it to go to sleep.

User Info: CyberEvil

CyberEvil
3 years ago#9
Setting it down and not blocking it from Kinect does wonders but the one thing most are forgetting is simply plugging it into a USB to Micro USB cable. Turns off the wireless radio and works just fine without batteries.
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller battery life?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived