Controller battery life?

#1zelda_3003Posted 12/1/2013 10:53:14 AM
Probably depends on the batteries you're using but roughly how long does your controller last for?
#2AconformistPosted 12/1/2013 10:54:24 AM
I'm still using the AA duracells that came with it from the midnight launch.
#3sweetbloodsPosted 12/1/2013 10:55:11 AM
The batteries that came with the console lasted me 3 days. My boyfriend lasted 5 days. The brand I am using now has lasted 6 days now and I use the console a lot so 6 days isn't bad.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#4TheBorderColliePosted 12/1/2013 10:59:02 AM
sweetbloods posted...
The batteries that came with the console lasted me 3 days. My boyfriend lasted 5 days. The brand I am using now has lasted 6 days now and I use the console a lot so 6 days isn't bad.

There is a joke in that post there that I will just leave alone.....LOL..

On topic, at some point it becomes financially beneficial to simply buy the play-and-charge kit.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#5zelda_3003(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 11:01:14 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
sweetbloods posted...

On topic, at some point it becomes financially beneficial to simply buy the play-and-charge kit.

How long does the play and charge kit last? Just wondering as I'm underwhelmed with the dualshock 4 battery life and quite content with the Wii U Pro controller battery life
#6sweetbloodsPosted 12/1/2013 11:03:21 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
sweetbloods posted...

Yeah yeah, I caught what you mean...

I am getting a play and charge soon. I know they will be on sale soon and plus if I am lucky I might be able to use my powerup rewards points to get one free, so I don't mind waiting a bit. At this rate the $6 dollar batteries I bought (12 in the pack) should last me till the end of the year.
---
#7khardboredPosted 12/1/2013 11:07:39 AM
If you put down the controller where the Kinect can see it, it will put the controller in stand-by which really helps preserve battery life. But in the end, a play and charge kit is infinitely better.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#8sweetbloodsPosted 12/1/2013 11:14:39 AM
khardbored posted...
If you put down the controller where the Kinect can see it, it will put the controller in stand-by which really helps preserve battery life. But in the end, a play and charge kit is infinitely better.

Really? I had no idea that the kinect does this. Normally I just throw my controller on my bed if I am watching a movie and wait for it to go to sleep.
---
#9CyberEvilPosted 12/1/2013 12:25:29 PM
Setting it down and not blocking it from Kinect does wonders but the one thing most are forgetting is simply plugging it into a USB to Micro USB cable. Turns off the wireless radio and works just fine without batteries.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN