Xbox One vs. PS4 in the UK sales data starting to come in

#101Xfma100Posted 12/1/2013 7:35:08 PM
JamesOwnzMaz posted...
Sony lost FF and MGS exclusivity last gen... now they've lost Kingdom Hearts as well.

Does Nintendo not exist or something?

FF has plenty of games on Nintendo systems.
MG was on NES and one MGS game was on GameCube iirc. (Both FF and MGS have had PC releases too iirc.)
You could argue the main series are exclusive, but the entire series are not exclusive.

As for Kingdom Hearts...
Chain of Memories was on GBA and was released before KH2. (A few games were also on the DS and 3DS.)
---
3DS FC: 2251-4407-1145
#102WeirdShroomPosted 12/1/2013 7:37:57 PM
Xfma100 posted...

You could argue the main series are exclusive, but the entire series are not exclusive.

Could if it was before Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were announced as cross platform. lol
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#103ShihaliPosted 12/1/2013 7:53:59 PM
By the "didn't appear on other home systems" standard there were many Nintendo "exclusives" like the Mega Man series, although far fewer than I thought because many classic NES games had MSX2 ports only released in Japan.

I would guess the number of these "exclusives" peaked in the 90s, first Super Nintendo exclusives, then Playstation exclusives. As far as I can recall, no one bought "exclusive" series back then; market patterns, Nintendo's heavy-handed anticompetitive licensing rules, and differing capabilities did the job just fine. A console maker could buy an exclusive by paying a dev team to make one.

Incidentally, Metal Gear was ported to the NES without Kojima's involvement and with major alterations, so if you don't disown the port it wasn't an exclusive.
#104EnmaDaio2588Posted 12/1/2013 8:27:36 PM
Sony may be selling more but they've both sold over a million units in hardware...neither are going to throw up their arms and call it quits.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#105JSusiePosted 12/1/2013 9:51:23 PM
The Wii sold more than any other console last gen.

Does that mean it "won"?
---
Currently playing: Nobody cares.
PC Specs: Nobody cares. Official Nobody cares of the nobody cares board.
#106WeirdShroomPosted 12/1/2013 9:54:56 PM
JSusie posted...

Does that mean it "won"?

Yes, contrary to what Sony Fanboys claim with all this talk of sales and wining....Wii wrecked 360 and PS3 last gen.

They definitely won.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#107jpraelsterPosted 12/1/2013 9:56:43 PM
People dont seem to realize that most people are gonna buy whatever is cheaper which is the ps4
#108lVlAtlZiXPosted 12/1/2013 10:09:31 PM
WeirdShroom posted...
JSusie posted...

Does that mean it "won"?

Yes, contrary to what Sony Fanboys claim with all this talk of sales and wining....Wii wrecked 360 and PS3 last gen.

They definitely won.

This is true, the Wii was well ahead of both systems early on, then it fizzled the past few years. The PS3 was behind the Xbox 360 then it caught up in the past 3 years to basically tie its numbers at around 80 million.

Now its the Xbox One's turn to play catch-up, but my problem with the PS4 is that it is focusing way too much on boring indie games that it seems the press and streamer's on Twitch care more about at $4.99 then real AAA quality games that are worthy of needing to pay $400 dollars for a system to play. I am not going to spend $400-$500 dollars to play "Risk of Rain" or "Flower."

What really matters is support from 3rd party publishers. Ubisoft, EA, and Activision have shown that they arent counting out the Xbox One anytime soon. However, EA and Activision seem to be dropping the Wii U for the most part, and if Ubisofts games dont sell well they will follow suit.
---
GT: MAtRiX 757
PSN: MAtRiX_757
#109snakes_codecPosted 12/1/2013 10:14:35 PM
jpraelster posted...
People dont seem to realize that most people are gonna buy whatever is cheaper which is the ps4

While that is true the DRM stuff also damaged the XB1 and hurt it future sales prospects even tho they reversed it its hard for a lot of people to forgive Mcrosoft for what they planned to do up unitil there competition shot them down forcing them to change.
#110ferval100Posted 12/1/2013 10:21:19 PM
snakes_codec posted...
jpraelster posted...

While that is true the DRM stuff also damaged the XB1 and hurt it future sales prospects even tho they reversed it its hard for a lot of people to forgive Mcrosoft for what they planned to do up unitil there competition shot them down forcing them to change.

Nope. The cheaper console wins. Like someone already said here: $100 is a $100.
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - Truer words have never been spoken.