Is the kinect worth a 25% increase in price?

#1FlippymanPosted 12/1/2013 2:53:20 PM
So it it worth to pay 25% more for a kinect? - Results (82 votes)
Yes
29.27% (24 votes)
No, but maybe ___% more (say the number in a post)
1.22% (1 votes)
No, it should not increase the price at all.
17.07% (14 votes)
No, it actually makes the console worth less.
39.02% (32 votes)
The question is badly constructed/misleading because ____ (explain in post)
3.66% (3 votes)
Sheldon Cooper
9.76% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, is it worth to pay 25% more for the kinect or not?
---
Abuuuur
#2ViperOfDornePosted 12/1/2013 3:01:53 PM
The question is not misleading, but I think it should allow for the possibility for the Kinect to be used to do something awesome or innovative that we haven't considered yet. As of now, no, I don't think it's worth it. But it could be worth it if it ever manages to just completely blow your mind or something.
#3Flippyman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 3:36:01 PM
ViperOfDorne posted...
The question is not misleading, but I think it should allow for the possibility for the Kinect to be used to do something awesome or innovative that we haven't considered yet. As of now, no, I don't think it's worth it. But it could be worth it if it ever manages to just completely blow your mind or something.

Well, I was thinking of the kinect as it is, but I guess you make a good point.
---
Abuuuur
#4ssjgohhkuPosted 12/1/2013 3:39:20 PM
ViperOfDorne posted...

Well the only Kinect focused game Fighter Within has been a complete and utter disaster and is one of the lowest rated games of all time: http://www.ign.com/games/fighter-within/xbox-one-20004177
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 12/1/2013 3:57:24 PM
Flippyman posted...
ViperOfDorne posted...

Well, I was thinking of the kinect as it is, but I guess you make a good point.
seems somewhat misleading, because we have no idea what ms would have priced the xo (as is) without a kinect. and for all we know they might not have made the xo "as is," and they might have spent their production budget on any number of other things, like gddr5. me, i'll take the kinect for xo, and fire up my ps4 whenever i need gddr5.

ssjgohhku posted...
ViperOfDorne posted...

Well the only Kinect focused game Fighter Within has been a complete and utter disaster and is one of the lowest rated games of all time: http://www.ign.com/games/fighter-within/xbox-one-20004177
that utter disaster is utterly irrelevant to the kinect's worth and what my experience has been using it for gaming and ui.
#6teehee23Posted 12/1/2013 4:03:28 PM
We would pay an extra $1,000.00 for Kinect 2.0.
It's that good and helps define what Next Gen is all about.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful.
Our duty and destiny: to help make the world a better place. Amen.
#7Flippyman(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 5:46:22 PM
teehee23 posted...
We would pay an extra $1,000.00 for Kinect 2.0.
It's that good and helps define what Next Gen is all about.

Yeah, right.
---
Abuuuur