Headset not working.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Headset not working.

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#1
I tried to use my headset and i can hear my friend but it won't pick up me talking, and yes i do have party chat enabled. I have been using the Kinect because this microphone seems like a piece of crap. Anyone know anything about this issue?
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
3 years ago#2
Merc123 posted...
I tried to use my headset and i can hear my friend but it won't pick up me talking, and yes i do have party chat enabled. I have been using the Kinect because this microphone seems like a piece of crap. Anyone know anything about this issue?

press the mic button so the orange light isnt on?

Merc123
3 years ago#3
Yeah, orange light was off.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721

User Info: Trust_Fund_Bum

Trust_Fund_Bum
3 years ago#4
Having the same issue. Tried everything, including using a different controller, turning my xbox completely off (not the standby mode but the actual fully off state) and I know it's not on mute, and I made sure party chat was enabled. I can hear through it but can't speak through it. The only way I can speak is through Kinect. *sighs* If Microsoft wanted to go proprietary they should have mad sure they had their stuff together.

Merc123
3 years ago#5
Yeah, and to think people were bashing Sony's headset, at least they put in a headset that works.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721

User Info: TheMuffin

TheMuffin
3 years ago#6
Your Mic cord isn't all the way in.
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.

Merc123
3 years ago#7
TheMuffin posted...
Your Mic cord isn't all the way in.

Yeah it is, i double checked that and pushed it in until it can't be pushed in anymore, i know what your talking about though, where it seems like its in but can be pushed further.
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721

User Info: xTheCEOx

xTheCEOx
3 years ago#8
Mine doesn't work either. I tried everything. Alot of people have issues with them. It worked fine then one day it just died I guess
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Merc123
3 years ago#9
So that's all it is then, you either get a piece of crap broken headset or a working one then?
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Headset not working.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived