Is Skylanders worth buying if you have no plans on buying new figures

#1necro00Posted 12/1/2013 4:34:50 PM
If I dont plan to buy new figures besides what comes with the game? Or am i Minimizing my play time and value by doing that
#2stekim40Posted 12/1/2013 4:37:25 PM
No, babies game. avoid!
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#3GroZZleRPosted 12/1/2013 4:37:25 PM
Certain areas on the map are locked to certain features of each figure... say you can only traverse the lava world with a fire element figure. You'll be missing a bunch of content by not having one figure of each element.
#4jesse7150Posted 12/1/2013 4:44:46 PM(edited)
this new one i think you have to buy more figures than ever to do everything.

The first one you just had to have one of each element. So 5 extra figures. Like $125 for game and all elements.

The second you needed that set plus the portal owners kit that came with the giant. But the starter set that came with 2 more figures was worth it. The new figures were stronger. So $75 for everything new or $60 if you wanted to save.

This one... I don't know I think you need everything mentioned already if you had it plus all the new swapforce bottom travel types so 6 more figures than the starter set. And those ones are expensive. So at least $75 game and $90 worth of extra swap force guys and one giant if you need one for like $12 should cover all game content.
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#5BigBOO2UPosted 12/1/2013 4:53:06 PM
Is there any multi-player in this game? Either co-op or PvP?
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#6jesse7150Posted 12/1/2013 5:00:03 PM
Drop in drop out 2 player coop
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
#7mantezPosted 12/1/2013 5:14:41 PM
You can get the 1000/1000 with the starter pack. The swap figures only unlock the swap zones and dual elemental gates can be unlocked with 2 standard figures. As for giants they aren't needed as all they do is unlock a giant chest with some gold that can easily be found elsewhere.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#8necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 5:23:32 PM
mantez posted...
You can get the 1000/1000 with the starter pack. The swap figures only unlock the swap zones and dual elemental gates can be unlocked with 2 standard figures. As for giants they aren't needed as all they do is unlock a giant chest with some gold that can easily be found elsewhere.

how much gameplay hours wise do u think the game is with just the starter pack?
#9PorungaPosted 12/1/2013 5:26:50 PM
If you are not interested in buying the figures, no the game is not worth it. Without new figures, you cannot complete the entirety of the game, just the story mode.. with quite a bit of difficulty.
#10necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 6:29:12 PM
Porunga posted...
If you are not interested in buying the figures, no the game is not worth it. Without new figures, you cannot complete the entirety of the game, just the story mode.. with quite a bit of difficulty.

thanks