Xbox won't play DVDs

#11jzbadblood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 8:12:34 PM
Halloween 35th Anniversary blu-ray won't work, The Dark Knight and A Good Day to Die Hard blu-rays work.

MI-2 DVD won't work. Ernest Goes to Camp DVD won't work, The Next Three Days DVD won't work.

I called Xbox the girl tried to come up with a solution but basically I'll have to send it in or exchange it at Gamestop. Thing is games, DLC, and online play all work fine and should work going forward. So I dunno if I really care that much about playing DVDs on this thing. I really don't want to lose my Dead Rising 3 save data uggh
#12CTUJK95Posted 12/1/2013 8:23:54 PM
What's this contraption thing you call a "DVD"
---
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light."
#13grimms2Posted 12/1/2013 9:01:55 PM
Hmm.... Weird. I just tried my Halloween 35rh Anniversary Edition Bluray. It works fine here. You may want to call up Microsoft.
#14grimms2Posted 12/1/2013 9:11:54 PM
Trying putting back in your Halloween Bluray. I literally just got the "Sorry we can't play this music, video, game disc" error with my A Nightmare On Elm Street 5 Bluray. But then I reinserted the bluray and it works now. Currently watching. Hope you get this issue sorted TC.
#15KolanifvPosted 12/1/2013 10:09:09 PM
Both systems desperately need a firmware update for the players, keep trying and wait it out if you don't mind the issues for now.
#16ShuraYukihimePosted 12/1/2013 10:12:15 PM
CTUJK95 posted...

Digital Versatile Disc. Anyone that says "video" should be hit in the neck.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#17QuxMaxPosted 12/1/2013 11:29:13 PM
Did you not download the blu-ray app from the app store other wise it wont play dvds or blu-ray moves unless you download it mine workes fine with it
#1895_EclipsePosted 12/1/2013 11:49:32 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
CTUJK95 posted...

Digital Versatile Disc. Anyone that says "video" should be hit in the neck.

That's A LOT of people. Esp considering I'd literally never heard that before lol.

Though, now that I've sat here and thought about it, I can't remember more than 2 times where anyone said anything aside from "DVD" when talking about DVDs :P
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.