No backwards compatibility, but what about older Xbox live games?

#1tonyhiphopPosted 12/1/2013 6:10:36 PM
I understand there is no hope for backwards compatibility, but what about all those cool games we could download on marketplace for 360?

Everything has be built from scratch for Xbone even if it is just a indie or digital type game?

When I went to the live store all I found were Xbone games among a few other stragglers. I'm not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or something, I just expected to find some different games other than the Xbone games.
#2sweetbloodsPosted 12/1/2013 6:12:26 PM
There are no more Xbox Live or arcade games on Xbox One. They are all just listed under games now.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#3CharocksPosted 12/1/2013 6:27:47 PM
Everything you bought for the 360 is now absolutely worthless.

M$ is doing that so they can sell you a way to play them later for an inflated price. If their newest laptop can play a Windows '95 game, why can't the "greatest system evar" play a game from 2012?
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#4sweetbloodsPosted 12/1/2013 6:29:29 PM
Charocks posted...
Everything you bought for the 360 is now absolutely worthless.

M$ is doing that so they can sell you a way to play them later for an inflated price. If their newest laptop can play a Windows '95 game, why can't the "greatest system evar" play a game from 2012?

They aren't worthless. Just use your 360 if you want to play them. This guy sound like he has some angry issues. More games will be coming out soon and the prices will not be inflated.
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#5tonyhiphop(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:41:41 PM
"There are no more Xbox Live or arcade games on Xbox One. They are all just listed under games now."

I understand that, but on 360 there were other games that were digital only, indie games, lots of various games like Uno, Monopoly, Double Dragon NEON, Castle Crashers. I was curious if games like that will ever be available on Xbox One store at some point, also wondering if we'll ever get demos for any games in the future.
#6k darkfirePosted 12/6/2013 11:22:42 AM
You can play 360 games on X1.
#7GrimMTrixXPosted 12/6/2013 11:32:07 AM
k darkfire posted...
You can play 360 games on X1.

No you can't
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX