Console failure or Controller failure. Please help

#1willytracks1Posted 12/1/2013 9:07:18 PM
So I unboxed the green box console today. Get all the way to the set up wireless screen and all of a sudden the controller goes haywire. It was switching between caps and symbols over and over again. Think of it this way it is like one of the buttons is stuck and it keeps switching between letters and symbols.

I Call Microsoft. We trouble shoot and he says it's a console failure. He then basically says I will put you on hold and he hangs up. I call back and the second rep says I think it's the controller.

Any experience with this guys? What should I do. Not pumped about waiting fourteen days. And not fronting them 500 for expedited service.

Really mad about this. Please if you can offer any advice

Thanks
#2drfirepantsPosted 12/1/2013 9:20:42 PM
Know someone with another controller? Buy a new one and return the old one in it's place maybe?
#3RebelGameMasterPosted 12/1/2013 9:30:26 PM
Wow, the faulty controllers are catching up to the faulty disk drives.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#4BrownGottiPosted 12/1/2013 9:33:12 PM
I had a problem during setup where you press "A". My X1 just didn't recognized controller. After a restart it was ok. Also, I noticed the controllers act really weird when the battery is low. They constantly disconnect or while playing BF4, make my character spin around.
#5swatkiller546Posted 12/1/2013 9:40:43 PM
i had this exact same problem.. If you have something to connect it with to make it a wired controller then it will work... keep trying I almost gave up but I kept fiddling around and now it works, wired and wireless with no problems, same goes for my console it works fine.
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#6willytracks1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:54:11 PM
drfirepants posted...
Know someone with another controller? Buy a new one and return the old one in it's place maybe?

No to be honest. It's embarrassing but all my friends quit gaming years ago. I am edging. 30.

If I have to buy another controller so be it but you guys don't predict me having to send the unit in for repairs
#7willytracks1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:57:54 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
i had this exact same problem.. If you have something to connect it with to make it a wired controller then it will work... keep trying I almost gave up but I kept fiddling around and now it works, wired and wireless with no problems, same goes for my console it works fine.

Ok so make it a wired device first? Buy the cord which makes it wired

Anyway guys to avoid waiting 14
Days to get a repaired unit
#8BrownGottiPosted 12/1/2013 10:49:33 PM
willytracks1 posted...
swatkiller546 posted...

Ok so make it a wired device first? Buy the cord which makes it wired

Anyway guys to avoid waiting 14
Days to get a repaired unit

I think any micro USB cable would work. Not sure.