So am I the only one who didn't know the controller works with a micro USB cable

#1DoubleJ9Posted 12/2/2013 12:02:56 AM
Batteries died in the middle of a game, which btw this controller sucks down batteries quick!, and was looking for new ones. Noticed the slot in the top and thought "eh why not try". Will be going to buy a 4' cable tomorrow, much rather have that then burn through batteries!
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 12:10:03 AM
get a play and charge kit. only 20 bucks and comes with a rechargeable battery and charge cable. Charge while you play. then you can unplug it if need be.

Not sure about the Xbox One chargeable battery packs, but my 360 ones have been going strong since 06 and haven't failed me.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#3leelee3105Posted 12/2/2013 12:12:17 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
get a play and charge kit. only 20 bucks and comes with a rechargeable battery and charge cable. Charge while you play. then you can unplug it if need be.

Not sure about the Xbox One chargeable battery packs, but my 360 ones have been going strong since 06 and haven't failed me.

What the hell. None of my 360 rechargeables last over a year. What was I doing wrong lol
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#4jpraelsterPosted 12/2/2013 12:13:46 AM
WeirdShroom posted...

Dont listen to this guy buy rechargeable eneloops they will last longer and they are cheaper
#52ndAtomiskPosted 12/2/2013 12:52:04 AM
DoubleJ9 posted...
Batteries died in the middle of a game, which btw this controller sucks down batteries quick!, and was looking for new ones. Noticed the slot in the top and thought "eh why not try". Will be going to buy a 4' cable tomorrow, much rather have that then burn through batteries!

Well, I'm still using the batteries that came with the controller. But I knew you could use a micro USB to play wired.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#6DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 4:45:48 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...
DoubleJ9 posted...

Well, I'm still using the batteries that came with the controller. But I knew you could use a micro USB to play wired.

*shrugs* My batteries died last night and my brother's died last Thursday night when he was over. Maybe we've just played more.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#7WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 4:57:57 AM
leelee3105 posted...
WeirdShroom posted...

What the hell. None of my 360 rechargeables last over a year. What was I doing wrong lol

No clue. I switched between 2 of them for the majority of that time with the official charger and just recently started using the play+charge cable i got with one of them that's just been sitting around forever(was in the way before, new apt, better use). Had the same one plugged into that since september....still works fine. Haven't had to worry about batteries the entire life of the 360(got it a year ish after launch).

Maybe i'm just extremely lucky with them. ::shrug::
---
#8WeirdShroomPosted 12/2/2013 5:12:22 AM
Wait, I actually did replace one now that I think of it. It was the white one that came with the charger(got a black one at the same time) because by then I had all dark controllers. The replacement was the play and charge kit. But still, that was pretty early on and have been using the same two for at the very least 5 years. They get pretty heavy use and I only really started using the play+charge cable the last few months.

I guess I got special ones or something.
---
#9Jptremblay13Posted 12/2/2013 5:14:52 AM
My 360 play and charge kits lasted like 6 months each. Finaly gave up and always kept the controller plugged in
#10GrimMTrixXPosted 12/2/2013 9:22:28 AM
Ive played almost 30 hrs of dead rising 3 and numerous hours watching hulu and netflix and my batteries that came with the console are still running strong. So i dunno. But i will eventuslly need a 2nd controller once more games i want come out so ill eventually get a play and charge with controller combo but so far AA batteries are lasting a good while for me
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX