Kinect is amazing and will change gaming forever!!!1!

#1blablablax17Posted 12/2/2013 7:46:23 AM
MS IS SO INNOVATIVE WITH THEIR MOTION CONTROL!
*laughs at Wii*

Why is there such a double standard when it comes to innovation?

Fanboys and sheeple.
That's Why.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.
#2touyamizrahiPosted 12/2/2013 7:49:22 AM
blablablax17 posted...
MS IS SO INNOVATIVE WITH THEIR MOTION CONTROL!
*laughs at Wii*

Why is there such a double standard when it comes to innovation?

Fanboys and sheeple.
That's Why.

Agreed. Motion gaming has been out for years already, so it's not anything new. They just changed it from the Wiimote to using their more expensive camera and your hand. If the kinect breaks, you're forking over a crap ton more money, if the wiimote or sensor bar breaks, you pay like $15-$20...

Xbot logic = ripping off other ideas and changing it slightly to charge higher prices = INNOVATION!!!
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#3MrSpaM111Posted 12/2/2013 7:49:52 AM
Thread deletion in t-minus 10....9.....8......7........
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4StockpileThomasPosted 12/2/2013 7:52:37 AM
Good artists copy, great artists steal.
#5touyamizrahiPosted 12/2/2013 7:52:46 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Thread deletion in t-minus 10....9.....8......7........

....47.....48......49.....50....<3
---
#6CyberneticRatPosted 12/2/2013 7:53:07 AM
Wow, I didn't know the Wiimote could read my heartbeat, do voice commands, control other devices in the room, read QR codes, manage battery life if no one uses the controller and sign me into my account by looking at my face. I might pick up a Wii now.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#7touyamizrahiPosted 12/2/2013 7:53:14 AM
StockpileThomas posted...
Good artists copy, great artists steal.

Legends do it first!
---
#8touyamizrahiPosted 12/2/2013 8:02:14 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
Wow, I didn't know the Wiimote could read my heartbeat, do voice commands, control other devices in the room, read QR codes, manage battery life if no one uses the controller and sign me into my account by looking at my face. I might pick up a Wii now.

Ok. let's break this down and I'd appreciate a REAL answer for each question.

1. Why IN GAMING does a camera need to see your heartbeat?

2. Voice Commands ONLY WORK if the receiver understands (look up online the amount of people having problems because of accents) so how is this a positive for gaming EVERYWHERE when the simple thumb movement or wrist movement in the case of the wiimote that works everywhere regardless of ethnicity, culture, etc?

3. A universal remote has been doing this for decades. Most people aren't so lazy that they can't grab the remote that's probably already within arms reach. Innovation = helping a country with the highest obesity % to be even more lazy?

4. The 3DS reads game and promo codes already. Congrats to MS stealing more of their innovation?

5. Every wireless controller turns off after not being used for X amount of minutes (usually set in the system config of said system). So this doesn't seem like a plus if I go to the fridge, grab a drink and am only gone for like 10 seconds and have to turn my controller on every time I come back. That's more of an annoyance.

6. It signs you in when looking at your face...ooooo! I turn on any of my current consoles (Wii, WiiU, PS3, X360) and they all sign into my account automatically without the need of facial recognition software. Why can't the XBOne, a "next-gen" system function like EVERY OTHER CONSOLE TO EXIST IN THE LAST DECADE sign in without the camera?

I look forward to your reply :).
---
#9Thewinner14Posted 12/2/2013 8:05:40 AM
The next big thing for gaming is virtual reality with devices like the occulus rift
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#10touyamizrahiPosted 12/2/2013 8:09:22 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
The next big thing for gaming is virtual reality with devices like the occulus rift

Technically we had VR gaming once already....I just hope they improve it by a minimum factor of 10000% lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy

It was fun when I tried the display model when I was a kid. Thought the idea of the headset was epic to be able to lay down to game even without having to twist your neck to see a tv sideways.
---