Sony numbers overhyped???

#41zephirrainesPosted 12/2/2013 1:01:21 PM
Rybal posted...
zephirraines posted...
Shut up with your hypocrisy ponies.

I'm still confused as to why your account is still open. You had an account bet going with Metroid that you'd close your account if it turned out that Ghosts was 720p on the X1, yet here you are. I'm not sure how you can call others hypocrites when you can't even follow through with an agreement.

xNrN posted...
PS4 is high in demand
PS4 consoles went to Europe, no big restock (250k Europe)
Xbox one has had one restock so far, number unknown
Xbox one moved 1.1m PRIOR to the restock
PS4 moved 1.06 prior to euro launch
Xbox one sold more in US on black Friday.

Anyway, back on topic. The only "evidence" that the X1 outsold the PS4 on Black Friday is anecdotal and through a single survey site. Also, the comments that say that the PS4 did not receive a second shipment in the US are 100% false, otherwise retailers wouldn't have been able to sell them on Black Friday and there wouldn't be any on the shelves. For your argument to be true, either there was no restock, and no more PS4s were sold, or there was a restock and many more were sold.

Instead of saying "I believe that this is true," I think it would be FAR simpler to just wait a week or two to get official numbers. If you're going to have a measuring contest, it helps if you have something to measure, rather than just making things up. Even still, sales numbers are meaningless for the first several months because they are ALL supply oriented, rather than demand oriented. Wait six months and see where things stand (at the very least). At that point - who knows? Maybe the X1 will have outsold the PS4. Maybe the reverse will be the case. In the end, both systems are going to be supported by third party developers, which will only make your purchase (regardless of which one it is) better. Enjoy your console.

Youre not very quick are you?
#42ticlPosted 12/2/2013 1:06:33 PM
xNrN posted...
With no actual numbers, based on supply, right now I would concretely bet then when all added up the xbone is thoroughly winning in terms of overall sales.

I keep seeing news hyping 1 mil sold US and 250k UK, however these numbers are not taking into account secondary shipments. We already know Microsoft is simply pumping more product to retail than Sony right now, thus the PS4 is largely unavailable.

I think once new numbers are posted we will see that with PS4 in such short supply, the Xbox one is ahead. 1.3m total PS4, and 1.6m XBOX one is my current estimate. Considering supply issues, I think that's a fairly accurate number.

What say you?
I say your about 12 years old. and not very smart
#4395_EclipsePosted 12/2/2013 1:08:14 PM
xNrN posted...
With no actual numbers, based on supply, right now I would concretely bet then when all added up the xbone is thoroughly winning in terms of overall sales.

I keep seeing news hyping 1 mil sold US and 250k UK, however these numbers are not taking into account secondary shipments. We already know Microsoft is simply pumping more product to retail than Sony right now, thus the PS4 is largely unavailable.

I think once new numbers are posted we will see that with PS4 in such short supply, the Xbox one is ahead. 1.3m total PS4, and 1.6m XBOX one is my current estimate. Considering supply issues, I think that's a fairly accurate number.

What say you?

Hahahahahaha.

*wipes tear* these boards are so pathetic, no one lives in reality here. Microsoft had production issues, and has less consoles on the market, and still aren't sold out, you can safely bet that the PS4 has outsold the XBO.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#44HamburgerTime88Posted 12/2/2013 1:11:19 PM
NSGraphite posted...
Sony always wins.

I'm a Sony fanboy but I don't go out and make obscene claims such as that stop being ridiculous, both are selling well both have games people like.
---
---"I'm going to bang your mouth""eat my cheese" manbirds---
#45zorlaczeroheroPosted 12/2/2013 1:12:36 PM
Funk091 posted...
There's been PS4's sitting on the shelfs at the Wal Mart by me but whenever I went to grab a Xbox One they were always sold out... Apparently I have worst luck then all these other people who constantly complain about not being able to find PS4's...

You'll have more luck getting an XBox One if you wake up, stop dreaming and go out to a store.
---
19. And so did Elvis have his road crew set up a mighty speaker system outside the walls. And thusly did he pump up the volume.
-The Suburban Book of the Dead
#46JusticeSwordPosted 12/2/2013 1:24:35 PM
xNrN posted...
While I won't argue that they aren't in demand, logic must dictate the following.

PS4 is high in demand

Going by these set of data input the obvious outcome is currently with a better supply, Xbox one has to be leading, at least currently.

Its not 250k Europe, its 250k UK, ONE part of europe, IF the other major members like germany, france, spain, & italy also each sold 250k, add that to the sales of smaller markets like portugal & eastern europe, then the X1 has been trounced because there are still day 1 editions in UK, & thar was ms' best EU market.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#47bultje112Posted 12/2/2013 1:24:38 PM
Funk091 posted...
There's been PS4's sitting on the shelfs at the Wal Mart by me but whenever I went to grab a Xbox One they were always sold out... Apparently I have worst luck then all these other people who constantly complain about not being able to find PS4's...

pics or didn't happen
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
#48NSGraphitePosted 12/2/2013 1:42:30 PM
HamburgerTime88 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
Sony always wins.

I'm a Sony fanboy but I don't go out and make obscene claims such as that stop being ridiculous, both are selling well both have games people like.

I will forgive your blasphemy this time. dont let it happen again.

Praise sony!
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#49lilj812Posted 12/2/2013 1:44:46 PM
zephirraines posted...
Rybal posted...
zephirraines posted...

I'm still confused as to why your account is still open. You had an account bet going with Metroid that you'd close your account if it turned out that Ghosts was 720p on the X1, yet here you are. I'm not sure how you can call others hypocrites when you can't even follow through with an agreement.

xNrN posted...
PS4 is high in demand

Anyway, back on topic. The only "evidence" that the X1 outsold the PS4 on Black Friday is anecdotal and through a single survey site. Also, the comments that say that the PS4 did not receive a second shipment in the US are 100% false, otherwise retailers wouldn't have been able to sell them on Black Friday and there wouldn't be any on the shelves. For your argument to be true, either there was no restock, and no more PS4s were sold, or there was a restock and many more were sold.

Instead of saying "I believe that this is true," I think it would be FAR simpler to just wait a week or two to get official numbers. If you're going to have a measuring contest, it helps if you have something to measure, rather than just making things up. Even still, sales numbers are meaningless for the first several months because they are ALL supply oriented, rather than demand oriented. Wait six months and see where things stand (at the very least). At that point - who knows? Maybe the X1 will have outsold the PS4. Maybe the reverse will be the case. In the end, both systems are going to be supported by third party developers, which will only make your purchase (regardless of which one it is) better. Enjoy your console.

Man you got destroyed.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#50xHuckleberryPosted 12/2/2013 1:47:38 PM
lilj812 posted...
zephirraines posted...
Rybal posted...
zephirraines posted...

xNrN posted...
PS4 is high in demand

Man you got destroyed.

hahahahaaaaa----illllarious