Why retailers are receiving more Xbox Ones than PS4s.

#41whitelytningPosted 12/2/2013 4:37:52 PM
Retailers have more XB1's because MS did a better job manufacturing them so there is more supply. Both consoles have enough demand to pretty much sell out instantly. If there were more PS4s available they would be given to retailers because they would be sold. The console "war" for the next few months comes down simply to supply and manufacturing. The "winner" will be the one that makes and delivers more of them to retailers.

You have an answer and can now close this thread.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#42Jon2887Posted 12/2/2013 4:46:57 PM
Yeah that's wrong. I actually run a video game store and my wholesalers charge me 398.96 for the PS4 and 497.88 for the Xbox One. It costs around 5 per to ship to the store so it costs more for me to get one than to sell it. I have to hope for trade ins to make sense for getting these things. Doesn't matter anyway, they are never in stock with any of my wholesalers.
---
GamingJudgement.com
#43tmtyfPosted 12/2/2013 5:06:38 PM(edited)
Pr0phetX posted...
talostheundying posted...
Would pics suffice? I can take a picture of the in stock screen of our handheld scanners that show the sell price and the profit we make from selling it.

Dude, you work at walmart. How can you afford internet? Anyways, just because walmart pays 399 doesn't mean every retailer pays 399. Post proof anyways. I have a hard time believing that walmart gives all of its retail employees access to what it pays for its inventory. Makes no sense. We're talking about walmart. The greediest Corp in town. Its not like you guys make commission or get paid based how much profit you netted the store.

I used to work WalMart electronics area when I was younger years ago and it was the same then. When you scan on the scanner it tells you the markup. Stuff like HDMI cables obviously get huge markups but others not so much. Next time you go there ask someone with the hand held scanner they will tell you he is right about it showing cost.
---
"You are just a puppet... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain..." -Sephiroth
#44talostheundying(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 5:29:25 PM
tmtyf posted...
Pr0phetX posted...
talostheundying posted...
Would pics suffice? I can take a picture of the in stock screen of our handheld scanners that show the sell price and the profit we make from selling it.

Dude, you work at walmart. How can you afford internet? Anyways, just because walmart pays 399 doesn't mean every retailer pays 399. Post proof anyways. I have a hard time believing that walmart gives all of its retail employees access to what it pays for its inventory. Makes no sense. We're talking about walmart. The greediest Corp in town. Its not like you guys make commission or get paid based how much profit you netted the store.

I used to work WalMart electronics area when I was younger years ago and it was the same then. When you scan on the scanner it tells you the markup. Stuff like HDMI cables obviously get huge markups but others not so much. Next time you go there ask someone with the hand held scanner they will tell you he is right about it showing cost.

I was just going to quote prophet, but you pretty much nailed it. We more selling hdmi cables than we did between x1 and ps4 sales on black friday. About 18 bucks profit for 1 cable that we sold more than 90 of.
---
GT: LrdCheesterBear PSN: LrdCheesterBear
Currently Playing: Ghosts (360), GTA V (360), Madden 25 (360), Uncharted 3 (PS3)
#45warlord78Posted 12/2/2013 5:48:50 PM
Individual stores are ordering from their companies warehouse. When you see that you can't get more stock that means your company's warehouse is out, and in the case of an in-demand item, likely can't get more right now. It makes since that stores would get less X1's at a time as it costs money to ship them, and they are doing no good if they aren't where the demand is.
---
My favorite company is better than your favorite company, and that is a fact!