Xbox robbers thwarted by Xbone's great sales

#11xxnogamerxxPosted 12/2/2013 2:27:32 PM
Kcrack posted...
If you're robbing a console to sell for profit, obviously you're gonna go after the most expensive ones.

With the PS4's high demand, wouldn't the PS4 be the most profitable ?

people are selling those things 300 bucks over retail
#12Exodus_PrimePosted 12/2/2013 2:28:22 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Criminals never are smart, guess that's why they wanted Xbox Ones.

This is terrible reassurance

He's still mad his PS4 broke :-(

ouch. He could use one of those 9 missing consoles! Maybe a road trip to Indianapolis is in order

Or maybe he could just go pick up an Xbox One since you know they're so easy to find right now, and with how much time he spends on this board I'd figure he'd fall in love with it by now.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#13BassnaPosted 12/2/2013 2:29:57 PM
You don't into a bank and rob it for $5's. Same reason they didn't break in to steal PS4's.
---
XBL = Bassna OG
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/2/2013 2:29:59 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

ouch. He could use one of those 9 missing consoles! Maybe a road trip to Indianapolis is in order

Or maybe he could just go pick up an Xbox One since you know they're so easy to find right now, and with how much time he spends on this board I'd figure he'd fall in love with it by now.

I spend time here because reading the BS some of you come up with is classic, it's better than watching any comedy on TV.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#15dart246Posted 12/2/2013 2:33:28 PM
As an employee of GameStop; I can say for certain that this story is 100% false.
---
PlayStation One owner. PSN/GT: VisperCon
#16adonfrazPosted 12/2/2013 2:35:25 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

How so, they were robbing the place for the most expensive item they had, which are Xbox Ones, they could of just robbed a jewelry store where the items are worth much, much, more and then melted the jewelry down, completely untraceable instead of trying to steal something with serial numbers.

The only reassurance is coming from your topic, and the lack of logic it possess

I'd imagine it's significantly harder to rob a jewelery store than a Gamestop. By your logic, people should exclusively rob banks.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst - *I'm currently hunting down Dew/Doritos Every2minutes Codes*
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone PMs me spare codes
#17Ray_d2nerdPosted 12/2/2013 2:36:07 PM
dart246 posted...
As an employee of GameStop; I can say for certain that this story is 100% false.

Gamefaqs, the place where all employees of GameStop, Bestbuy, Target and Walmart throw poo at each other.
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.
#18dj___rollPosted 12/2/2013 2:36:11 PM
Quote:http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/12/robbers-wanted-steal-xbox-one-got-ps4s-instead/

Couldn't get any because they were all sold out. Thieves then settled and took what they could, including 9 PS4's.

Not sure what's more troubling, miscreants running wild stealing electronics or 9 PS4's just sitting around two weeks after launch despite being $100 cheaper than the competition

@SonyPonyTony

If you're going to troll, at least use some logic. Do you really think there's only been one big shipment of ps4s so far?
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#19Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/2/2013 2:38:10 PM(edited)
adonfraz posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

How so, they were robbing the place for the most expensive item they had, which are Xbox Ones, they could of just robbed a jewelry store where the items are worth much, much, more and then melted the jewelry down, completely untraceable instead of trying to steal something with serial numbers.

The only reassurance is coming from your topic, and the lack of logic it possess

I'd imagine it's significantly harder to rob a jewelery store than a Gamestop. By your logic, people should exclusively rob banks.

No, your logic fails, money from banks can be traceable.

Jewelry cannot if melted down.

Robbing a bank carries a harsh sentence, robbing a gamestop or a jewelry store does not matter, it's a few years in prison and you get out.

---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#20HowatizerPosted 12/2/2013 5:01:49 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

I wouldn't take anything Xeeh_Bitz posts on this board seriously, he spends most of his time on the PS4 boards bashing the X1 as much as humanly possible.

A fanboy through and through, if I ever saw one.
---
Fanboys are the cancer of the gaming. Educate yourself and stop being a part of the problem. Kill your ignorance for good.---> http://goo.gl/YVX7op