Microsoft Support is so bad.

#1120x45Posted 12/2/2013 3:50:07 PM
I was one of the unfortunate people that received one of the consoles with a faulty disc drive and I called them day one to ask for a replacement and they told me that I would receive it in 3 - 5 days including weekends. So I patiently waited until Wednesday of last week where I contacted them again and they told me that the information I received earlier was false, that they don't ship on weekends and that I would have to wait until Friday or Monday at the latest because Thanksgiving was on Thursday (which did not make any sense because I live in Canada and the package should have been in my country by now).
So now that Monday came and I was still wondering where my replacement was because I was eager to play the disc based games I got. I decided to contact them to ask why it hasn't appeared yet and they told me that they haven't even shipped it yet... So I asked why they guy told me that it would be here in 3-5 days and they said that it was a mistake on their part.
They expect to fix everything with a free game like Ryse but that did not keep me entertained for more than 3 days. I hope that no one else has to go through this terrible customer service because it is just sad that they give people some hope only to tear it all down. Seriously they need to fix their S*** cause that's exactly how they're gonna lose customers.
#2DefiningFactorPosted 12/2/2013 3:56:06 PM
Well there is ps4...god forbid wii u which basically has the marketing tactic of the titanic

Then theres me and a bunch of other idiots trying to sell their console for a profit (keeping a ps4 probably now due to the lack of profit to be made). I could sell you another xbox one???

Sorry man, I hate crappy customer service, but I only have cell phone nonsense with t-mobile and straight talk to discuss. Makes you realize why people are paid minimum wage.

I personally don't like the way xbox one is now (new), but once the kinks are all worked out and they actually have some good games (can't say ps4 has any, but I sure am enjoying my vita with tearaway) it might be a more worthwhile endeavor in getting something to manage your entire entertainment room.

ummmm good luck otherwise???
---
Don't worry about it. It's just a crutch...
#3120x45(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 4:01:03 PM
DefiningFactor posted...
Well there is ps4...god forbid wii u which basically has the marketing tactic of the titanic

Then theres me and a bunch of other idiots trying to sell their console for a profit (keeping a ps4 probably now due to the lack of profit to be made). I could sell you another xbox one???

Sorry man, I hate crappy customer service, but I only have cell phone nonsense with t-mobile and straight talk to discuss. Makes you realize why people are paid minimum wage.

I personally don't like the way xbox one is now (new), but once the kinks are all worked out and they actually have some good games (can't say ps4 has any, but I sure am enjoying my vita with tearaway) it might be a more worthwhile endeavor in getting something to manage your entire entertainment room.

ummmm good luck otherwise???

The thing is I actually wanted to give Microsoft a chance this time with their console because I was tired of all the Playstation exclusive titles like Killzone and Resistance. The only one that actually kept me on PS3 was uncharted and that got boring a little too quickly.
I have a gaming PC but the reason I got the console was to play with my friends and because they don't know how to give out proper information, I will probably have to wait another month to play my Xbox because I am going to be out of the country for the next 3 weeks.
#4RebelGameMasterPosted 12/2/2013 4:07:44 PM
How did you think the customer service was going to change from 360?

Everytime I called Xbox customer support I got Sanjay, err George, in India. And though it was obvious he was better than most outsourced call center attendants, he was still an outsourced call center attendant. And was not able to fully help me. Not to mention the times he had me wait to go check something or other.

I did find it funny that EVERYTIME I called the guy sounded EXACTLY the same. Strange and funny.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#5120x45(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 4:33:03 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
How did you think the customer service was going to change from 360?

Everytime I called Xbox customer support I got Sanjay, err George, in India. And though it was obvious he was better than most outsourced call center attendants, he was still an outsourced call center attendant. And was not able to fully help me. Not to mention the times he had me wait to go check something or other.

I did find it funny that EVERYTIME I called the guy sounded EXACTLY the same. Strange and funny.

I did have 3 different people all three times so I guess they have improved. They did leave often to go check something but they came back in less than 2 minutes so I wasn't on hold for long. It was really annoying having them give out the wrong information the first two times though. That was just unacceptable.