Please tell me this isn't true

#101Keven_KoopaPosted 12/3/2013 4:58:37 AM
Jaghave posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
Jaghave posted...
BDJayce posted...
Jaghave posted...
So they take your money then find any reason to deny giving you the service you just paid for.... How has no one not sued Microsoft yet?

They make Terms of Usage/Service so long that very few if anybody ever actually reads them. It's probably covered somewhere in the EULA that gives them the right to do this whenever you break the agreement.

Shrink wrap contracts are not accepted in court a company can not legally take your money and then present you with a contract it suppose to be presented before hand. So once again anyone foolish enough to have purchase xbone is a lawsuit away from becoming a millionair.

So....anytime I buy a cellphone, I can sue Sprint if I violated my contract?

If they take your money and deny service and fail to present agreement before final purchase yes. I personally dealt with blizzard this way when they ban my account I threaten to sue them they throw the vs eula which I stated my above comment and they immediately reactivated my account because they knew they would lose the case.

The issue is, Xbox doesn't deny service to you, and you're obligated to agree with their statements whether or not you intended to play online or not. Microsoft has said repeatedly every since their reveal of the One that they own the console and the games and you don't have any right to share the games amongst others. Essentially, they're letting you have the privileged of paying them to use their games. It's their system and their rules. They have every right to ban pirates as much as they want because you agreed to their terms and conditions, and there's nothing illegal about that in the court of law.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#102JaghavePosted 12/3/2013 5:13:47 AM
If you pay for a service and you are not provided that service they have to refund you or in xbone case extend the service
Example your gold is good until 12/1/13 ur temp ban for 7 days they must refund you for those 7 days or extend your service until 12/8/13 since you already pay for it. If a company takes your money and fail to keep there end of the bargin it a form of fraud.
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#103Rud3BwoyPosted 12/3/2013 5:16:46 AM
Janpei posted...
Upload Studio is about the only thing I've seen someone get in trouble on.

I've been playing BF 4 and CoD since launch and while I'm not a sailor with my language, I can't tell you how many times I've dropped and F bomb and yet, I'm still playing. I've been in a Skype chat with my brother, where we've both dropped some heavy language, and I've still been allowed online.

No idea where all these people who say they're getting banned from games for cursing. As much as I've been playing, I just haven't seen it.

this and on skype people must be doing something else to be banned
#104BigBOOtoYOU2Posted 12/3/2013 6:09:20 AM
xacebop posted...
Microsoft wants Xbox live to be a family friendly experience. So no cussing...

Even in PRIVATE messages.

In PRIVATE games.

Or when Skyping PRIVATELY.

There is a bot searching all of Xbox One for certain language. If it flags you, even in a PRIVATE conversation that nobody else is a part of, you WILL be suspended from the service or banned from certain aps.
#105BingSanpaoPosted 12/3/2013 6:13:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#106ILikesCheesePosted 12/3/2013 6:51:39 AM
Voelger posted...
I love love love what ms is doing! Keep it up ms!

Bill Cosby- greatest comedian and never has to curse

Doncha just love people who force their belief systems on you?

Doncha just LOVE LOVE LOVE them ?!?

/sarcasm
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#107ILikesCheesePosted 12/3/2013 6:55:39 AM
bob15x posted...
sweetbloods posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn-oe1iyH-0

I knew about the whole thing with Upload and how cursing might get you banned and/or it was a glitch, but skype and fifa? I am worried because my boyfriend was playing Fifa 14 and got a message from Fifa 14 about his behavior but we had no idea why they sent him it. After watching this video, we think he was sent is because he cursed while in party chat with me. Please tell me that this is just being reported out of proportion and that we really don't need to worry.

this has been posted over and over and over and the same ignorant troll posters have been saying the same thing over and over and over.

fyi, its not true, it only has to do with uploading videos with extensive swearing.

DENIAL is strong with this one.

It is indeed true that Microsoft will ban you from the Skype Ap if you use language which it has "red flagged" in a special "Curse Program", even when used in private messages. Too many people have posted videos of this and complained about it for it to just fall under the excuse of "trolling."
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#108touyamizrahiPosted 12/3/2013 6:59:43 AM
Jaghave posted...
If you pay for a service and you are not provided that service they have to refund you or in xbone case extend the service
Example your gold is good until 12/1/13 ur temp ban for 7 days they must refund you for those 7 days or extend your service until 12/8/13 since you already pay for it. If a company takes your money and fail to keep there end of the bargin it a form of fraud.

Not exactly. If you break the terms listed in the EULA, then you, as the contractee have broken the agreement you made when you clicked on "I accept/agree" when you first started up your Xbox and Xbox Live. These agreements also will tell you that they can be reviewed at anytime usually at a given web address provided on that same screen (which is your own failure if you don't write it down).

Using your example, if they ban you for 7 days for a breach of the EULA, they have the rights according to the terms you've agreed to to suspend, or terminate, your account. There is no refund. You don't get more days on gold if it's justified suspension/ban. YOU as the end user are responsible for any actions taken on your account.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/livetou

We require certain permissions in order for you to evaluate or use and for us to enable the features and functions of the Xbox Live/Games for Windows-Live service. These features and functions include leaderboards, live-hosted gameplay, achievements, tournaments, and gamer profile sharing. If you evaluate or use or we enable these features and functions, you grant Microsoft and its affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers, partners, and suppliers (each, a “Microsoft party”) the following permissions: Microsoft parties may use, track, store, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, publicly display and perform, and reproduce: (i) your game scores; (ii) your game play sessions; (iii) your presence on the Xbox Live/Games for Windows-Live service; (iv) the time that you spend on or within particular portions of the Xbox Live/Games for Windows-Live service; (v) portions of the Xbox Live/Games for Window-Live service that are displayed on your monitor or screen and the duration of that display; (vi) rankings, statistics, gamer profiles, avatars, and content that you may submit; and (vii) other usage information.

I like this little bit from the EULA if you read far enough down, and I bolded a nice little bit to save you more time.

1. Your gameplay sessions. basically, if it happens in the game, they can see/hear it.
2. your presence on xbox live/windows-live SERVICES (skype, party chat, etc).
3. Even the time you've spent on said service.

You have AGREED to allow this the moment you accepted the EULA and ToS when you started up your Xbox. You don't like it? Too bad. These have been in effect since the start over November and failure to read them is the fault of the user, not the company.

Freedom of Speech: 0
EULA: 45

It's been a fun game :).
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#109ILikesCheesePosted 12/3/2013 7:00:45 AM
Jaghave posted...

Jaghave, You have a flawed grasp of the law and no idea what "fraud" is.

If the end-user of a service violates terms of that service, the service provider can block you from their service and is under no such legal stipulation to refund any payments you will have made to initially use the service. Your money will be forfeit because you broke the agreement you made with the service provider when you signed up. This is called Terms of Service or Terms of Use.

A common misconception is that TOU or TOS itself is contract law. This is not the case. A contract cannot be considered binding if the tenets of the contract are itself illegal. HOWEVER, in this particular case - being banned from a service and losing what you have paid in to use said service - the contract is very, VERY much legal and binding. Brush up on your business law.

But the same goes for non-online experiences as well.

Example: You purchase tickets to a movie. Once inside the theater you start yelling and screaming and throwing stuff at the other patrons. Theater Management throws you out on your arse, and does NOT give you your money back. (Now, if only they would do this to every parent who brings a baby to the movies, the world would be a better place. I hate selfish parents too cheap to get a sitter and just let their stupid kid scream its head off!)
---
#110Exodus_PrimePosted 12/3/2013 7:48:52 AM
Janpei posted...
PS4 definitely gives you a technical foul on NBA 2K14 if you have the camera on, too. A friend just tried it.

In case no one else saw this, this destroys the topic, Tc should edit it to say "Please tell me this isn't true on both consoles"
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.