Dashboard lag?

#1LRP21Posted 12/2/2013 4:49:56 PM
Anyone experience lag or skipping? I am and I could've sworn it was moving at 60FPS when I first set up my Xbox One
---
Xbox Gamertag: payashole
#2Pacman2dxPosted 12/2/2013 5:26:14 PM
I've read that if you use the TV features, your X1 is never really off but in 'standby' mode. You hold the power button for 5 seconds to reboot the entire system and your dashboard should work as normal.
---
The odds are never in our favor.
#3WhiteAngel50Posted 12/2/2013 6:16:52 PM
Thank god I thought I was the only one. It's so slow on my Xbox one.
---
Let me love you!
#4keyweez360Posted 12/2/2013 6:27:51 PM
Go into settings, power/shutdown options. Enable energy saving, then reset the console normally. Should fix the issue.
---
XBL/PSN: GOV3RNATER
#5LRP21(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 7:39:24 AM
Thanks for advice guys but does putting the system in energy saving mode affect how fast it turns on. I have my Apple TV connected to my system but have not tried it yet
---
Xbox Gamertag: payashole
#6Special-EddPosted 12/3/2013 7:42:19 AM
Yes, it does take longer to start up since the XB1 shuts all the way down. Not really a very long time but certainly noticeably longer. It's kind of like putting a PC in sleep mode where it will slow down after a while since it isn't really shutting down a lot of stuff running in the background. I try to turn my XB1 down by holding the power button for 5 seconds about once a week. This way it closes all those apps that I might have used previously and frees up the memory.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 12/3/2013 7:44:41 AM
Don't forget to click on the new "start" button I forget what it's called so you can close the app/ tv program/friends list/achievement list/NFL app, after you have backed out to the home screen. Every time you open an app or run something else, it's still running in the background unless you close it,this also causes slow down, but for the most part it needs to be rebooted at least once every 2 weeks or so.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#8assassin10133Posted 12/3/2013 8:01:07 AM
Ya, you can still keep it in stand by mode all the time just do a full reboot every once in a while, apparently the easiest way to do that is by holding the power button in for 5 seconds, someone else mentioned that above already.