Honestly, can the Xbox One ever catch up to PS4 sales even so early?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 12/2/2013 6:07:12 PM
The PS4 is already leading the sales in NA, and in the UK as well. The thing is though, a large majority of the European Xbox One sales are from the UK, where the PS4 crushed those numbers right out of the gate. And we havent even factored in the PS4 sales numbers of the other European territories the PS4 launched in where there was crazy hype like Germany and Italy. I also hear that the PS4 has a few Asia launches this month.

Then looking at the Japan launches for these two consoles in a few months, the PS4 launch is automatically going to be much, much larger than the Xbox One's since Japan dislikes the Xbox brand and loves PlayStation.

Sony is taking a big lead here right at the start, so is there anyway the Xbox One can stop the gap in sales from growing at such a fast rate with how the PS4 is selling?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Blizz87Posted 12/2/2013 6:09:30 PM
Yea eventually the X1 will catch up. It outsold the ps4 during the black friday weekend and if they release a price drop it will definitely catch up quickly. Its wayy to early to be claiming victory when the war has just started.
#3Ramsus082Posted 12/2/2013 6:10:11 PM
It's possible, but the Playstation brand was bigger world-wide than the Xbox brand was, even before it was crapped on by the industry after E3. I don't think they're going to catch up with Sony. Their console runs games better and does it for less. That's going to be hard to ignore, I think.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#4Dev445Posted 12/2/2013 6:10:13 PM
What's with you and sales?

The PS4 had hype from right out the gate so this is to be expected. The Xbox One will catch up this holiday season and next year. When word spreads and more games come out.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#5cheezedadadaPosted 12/2/2013 6:19:15 PM
Hey the guy who compares Ryse to Deep Down made another sales thread.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#6HeathenutopiaPosted 12/2/2013 6:20:06 PM
Blizz87 posted...
Yea eventually the X1 will catch up. It outsold the ps4 during the black friday weekend and if they release a price drop it will definitely catch up quickly. Its wayy to early to be claiming victory when the war has just started.

I haven't seen any stats. Where are you getting your info from?
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/2/2013 6:20:48 PM
Heathenutopia posted...
Blizz87 posted...

the one survey from target and walmart...
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#8HeathenutopiaPosted 12/2/2013 6:21:59 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Heathenutopia posted...
Blizz87 posted...

Survey? That hardly qualifies, but ok.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#9DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 6:23:41 PM
Most people being honest with themselves will admit the Xbone will lose in the long run in sales.

The PS4 was made by gamers, for gamers and focuses just on gaming and doesn't sacrifice some of its power to be a multimedia machine.

The Xbone is dead in Japan, a major gaming market and is already losing some steam in the UK and U.S.

Once things settle down the PS4 will be dominant over the Xbone this generation.
#10Cloud75xPosted 12/2/2013 6:28:07 PM(edited)
Heathenutopia posted...
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Heathenutopia posted...
Blizz87 posted...

Survey? That hardly qualifies, but ok.

you dont know statistics and data collecting very well do you?

survey was taken on what consumers purchased over black friday weekend. xbox 360 sales nearly doubled ps4 and ps3 sales combined based on survey data collected from walmart and target.

have a look:
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/01/xbox-one-wins-black-friday-sales-battle-wii-u-comes-in-5th-just-in-front-of-wii/

I did some digging and this is being confirmed all over the internet with gamestop and toysrus employees talking about how not a single customer is asking about the Wii U and how bestbuy employees cant even sale the dam thing because everyone wants the new gen's.
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."