Honestly, can the Xbox One ever catch up to PS4 sales even so early?

#11cheezedadadaPosted 12/2/2013 6:28:48 PM(edited)
All this hilarity about how Xbox One being more of a multimedia machine and having less focus on games is awesome.

I mean there was this:
"The $1 billion Microsoft plans to invest in exclusive games will get Xbox One users 15 exclusive titles in the first year the console is available including a few completely new franchises. "

...but let that go! Its all about the TV.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#12teehee23Posted 12/2/2013 6:29:05 PM
My mom said Xbox #1 can surpass ps4 in sales and my mom never lies to me.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful.
Our duty and destiny: to help make the world a better place. Amen.
#13DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 6:29:46 PM
cheezedadada posted...
All this hilarity about how Xbox One being more of a multimedia machine and having less focus on games is awesome.

I mean there was this:
"The $1 billion Microsoft plans to invest in exclusive games will get Xbox One users 15 exclusive titles in the first year the console is available including a few completely new franchises. "

Care to name those 15 exclusives?

And yes, like it or not, they put focus on more multimedia than anything else. It's a fact, you don't have to like it but they made sacrifices to make it an all-in-one machine. It's great if you needed a $500 remote control but some people wanna game.
#14cheezedadadaPosted 12/2/2013 6:32:26 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I mean there was this:

And yes, like it or not, they put focus on more multimedia than anything else. It's a fact, you don't have to like it but they made sacrifices to make it an all-in-one machine. It's great if you needed a $500 remote control but some people wanna game.

Care to name them? They aren't announced yet so how could I?

The problem is, in order to be taken serious you can't show blatant bias. You are telling people on a gaming board to get an Ipad Air over an Xbox One. You clearly don't understand how to be effective without making it look too obvious. I played both consoles already and I had more fun on the Xbox One.

I know that's going to totally kill you because you have some sort of attachment to a faceless corporation, but its true. I am eventually getting both consoles since I enjoyed them both A LOT, but to say the Xbox has more of a focus on multimedia is hilarious.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#15GambitbuzzkillPosted 12/2/2013 6:33:18 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Most people being honest with themselves will admit the Xbone will lose in the long run in sales.

The PS4 was made by gamers, for gamers and focuses just on gaming and doesn't sacrifice some of its power to be a multimedia machine.

The Xbone is dead in Japan, a major gaming market and is already losing some steam in the UK and U.S.

Once things settle down the PS4 will be dominant over the Xbone this generation.

Then where are the games ? Yes I know greatness waits but for how long cause besides infamous what does the PS4 have to offer ?
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 12/2/2013 6:34:46 PM
Cloud75x posted...
you dont know statistics and data collecting very well do you?

survey was taken on what consumers purchased over black friday weekend. xbox 360 sales nearly doubled ps4 and ps3 sales combined based on survey data collected from walmart and target.

have a look:
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/01/xbox-one-wins-black-friday-sales-battle-wii-u-comes-in-5th-just-in-front-of-wii/

I did some digging and this is being confirmed all over the internet with gamestop and toysrus employees talking about how not a single customer is asking about the Wii U and how bestbuy employees cant even sale the dam thing because everyone wants the new gen's.

and so it was that the entirety of Black Friday came down to a survey of 3000 consumers at two retail stores somewhere in America

I don't think YOU know much about data collecting. To have anything close to a real estimate you have to do multiple surveys interviews etc.
You don't do one single survey and then call it a quits and say that is what the entire world stats look like. We have no idea which one ACTUALLY sold more on black friday...

I'd appreciate it if people actually read the ENTIRETY of this article before knocking it or agreeing with it

http://techland.time.com/2013/12/02/did-microsofts-xbox-one-really-beat-sonys-playstation-4-in-black-friday-sales/
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#17DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 6:35:28 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Most people being honest with themselves will admit the Xbone will lose in the long run in sales.

The PS4 was made by gamers, for gamers and focuses just on gaming and doesn't sacrifice some of its power to be a multimedia machine.

The Xbone is dead in Japan, a major gaming market and is already losing some steam in the UK and U.S.

Once things settle down the PS4 will be dominant over the Xbone this generation.

Then where are the games ? Yes I know greatness waits but for how long cause besides infamous what does the PS4 have to offer ?

What does Xbone have to offer coming down the pipes besides Titanfall, a game I can play on my 360?
#18DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 6:37:35 PM(edited)
cheezedadada posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I mean there was this:

Care to name them? They aren't announced yet so how could I?

The problem is, in order to be taken serious you can't show blatant bias. You are telling people on a gaming board to get an Ipad Air over an Xbox One. You clearly don't understand how to be effective without making it look too obvious. I played both consoles already and I had more fun on the Xbox One.

I know that's going to totally kill you because you have some sort of attachment to a faceless corporation, but its true. I am eventually getting both consoles since I enjoyed them both A LOT, but to say the Xbox has more of a focus on multimedia is hilarious.

Actually it's just smart, you show your bias by failing to acknowledge that some might find better value with a portable tablet device that has much, much more of a gaming library and most games are far cheaper than on the Xbone.

That's my bad also, when Kinect and Xbone were built and advertised heavily for their multimedia capabilities, I must have been mistaken to think there was more focus on that for the Xbone than on the PS4. Clearly you are right, the PS4 has as much multimedia integration or more, than the Xbone.

Take your own advice in avoiding showing bias.
#19TheBeastWithinPosted 12/2/2013 6:38:05 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...

No. PS4 is made by a giant mega corporation that is only making the PS4 to make money. It has nothing to do with gamers. The same is true of XBO, but don't kid yourself that Sony is any different. It isn't.

The PS4 will outsell XBO for one reason really. It is $100 cheaper. Which is significant. That's really the only reason. Forget the pre-release crap. If XBO cost $300 it would be greatly outselling PS4. But is doesn't; it costs $500.

Also, nobody ever expected XBO to sell anything in Japan. The Japanese rightly support the business endeavors of companies from their own country. If only Americans could do as much.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#20DisgaeaNutPosted 12/2/2013 6:40:19 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...

No. PS4 is made by a giant mega corporation that is only making the PS4 to make money. It has nothing to do with gamers. The same is true of XBO, but don't kid yourself that Sony is any different. It isn't.

The PS4 will outsell XBO for one reason really. It is $100 cheaper. Which is significant. That's really the only reason. Forget the pre-release crap. If XBO cost $300 it would be greatly outselling PS4. But is doesn't; it costs $500.

Also, nobody ever expected XBO to sell anything in Japan. The Japanese rightly support the business endeavors of companies from their own country. If only Americans could do as much.

Yeah, the nonsense with forced DRM, PRISM software, Kinect required to be used to operate system, forced always online requirement for Xbox and the fact that nobody in Japan will touch it had absolutely, nothing to do with the sales. It's all about the $100.