Honestly, can the Xbox One ever catch up to PS4 sales even so early?

#61schmarkenheimerPosted 12/3/2013 7:16:36 AM
Dev445 posted...
What's with you and sales?

The PS4 had hype from right out the gate so this is to be expected. The Xbox One will catch up this holiday season and next year. When word spreads and more games come out.

Or the PS4 could pull away. The Wii U could dominate.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#62TheBeastWithinPosted 12/3/2013 7:30:44 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
Most people being honest with themselves will admit the Xbone will lose in the long run in sales.

The PS4 was made by gamers, for gamers and focuses just on gaming and doesn't sacrifice some of its power to be a multimedia machine.

The Xbone is dead in Japan, a major gaming market and is already losing some steam in the UK and U.S.

Once things settle down the PS4 will be dominant over the Xbone this generation.

No. PS4 is made by a giant mega corporation that is only making the PS4 to make money. It has nothing to do with gamers. The same is true of XBO, but don't kid yourself that Sony is any different. It isn't.

The PS4 will outsell XBO for one reason really. It is $100 cheaper. Which is significant. That's really the only reason. Forget the pre-release crap. If XBO cost $300 it would be greatly outselling PS4. But is doesn't; it costs $500.

Also, nobody ever expected XBO to sell anything in Japan. The Japanese rightly support the business endeavors of companies from their own country. If only Americans could do as much.

Yeah, the nonsense with forced DRM, PRISM software, Kinect required to be used to operate system, forced always online requirement for Xbox and the fact that nobody in Japan will touch it had absolutely, nothing to do with the sales. It's all about the $100.

It essentially is all about the $100. Your argument is spurious. Most people don't care about the stuff you mentioned. The gamefaqs and similar communities like to complain about it, but they aren't the majority of buyers and many of them will complain and then buy it anyway because they are gamers.

And Japan has nothing to do with XBO but with nationalism. Japan is one of the most homogeneous countries around and though they are open minded their social behaviors show it. They won't buy it because it's made by an American company and the alternative is Japanese. That's it. Too bad Americans don't show the same willingness to support their own companies.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#63CyborgTwentyPosted 12/3/2013 7:31:57 AM
No unless the cut the Xbone price down to $299 it got no chance.
#64IzraeilPosted 12/3/2013 9:48:11 AM
RawringAir posted...
Izraeil posted...
That's barely a significant leap, and 360 had a year lead on PS3 but PS3 still sold more in the end despite the huge failure rates on 360.
XBox1 could easily catch up and surpass the PS4 just PS3 surpassed the 360. And it's obvious it will play out much like last but the roles reversed what with Sony only having like 15 first party teams to make exclusives while MS is spending 1 Billion dollars on exclusives!

This is why I will never truly believe the 360 sold more than ps3. Just the people I know personally have bought 3 systems or more, either because their warranty ran out when they got RROD or they weren't patient enough to play the shipping game. No telling how many people across the country did that.

I can confirm I bought 3 360s because I didnt want to play the waiting game

Yeah everyone who stuck with 360 last gen went through 3-5 consoles. If anyone says otherwise they're either lying or got a 360 pretty late through the generation.
#65TurbokkPosted 12/3/2013 10:18:10 AM
Izraeil posted...
RawringAir posted...
Izraeil posted...
That's barely a significant leap, and 360 had a year lead on PS3 but PS3 still sold more in the end despite the huge failure rates on 360.
XBox1 could easily catch up and surpass the PS4 just PS3 surpassed the 360. And it's obvious it will play out much like last but the roles reversed what with Sony only having like 15 first party teams to make exclusives while MS is spending 1 Billion dollars on exclusives!

This is why I will never truly believe the 360 sold more than ps3. Just the people I know personally have bought 3 systems or more, either because their warranty ran out when they got RROD or they weren't patient enough to play the shipping game. No telling how many people across the country did that.

Yeah everyone who stuck with 360 last gen went through 3-5 consoles. If anyone says otherwise they're either lying or got a 360 pretty late through the generation.

I had to buy 4 360s because of RROD.
#66bob15xPosted 12/3/2013 10:20:44 AM
Turbokk posted...
Izraeil posted...
RawringAir posted...
Izraeil posted...

I had to buy 4 360s because of RROD.

either you are lying, or you are stupid. Which is it? who buys a new 360 for rrod when it has a 3 year warranty. So I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are lying.
#67rusty12000Posted 12/3/2013 10:24:20 AM
Maybe, If they get a good exclusive.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#68krystylaPosted 12/3/2013 10:26:10 AM
bob15x posted...
Turbokk posted...

either you are lying, or you are stupid. Which is it? who buys a new 360 for rrod when it has a 3 year warranty. So I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are lying.

I got a new one after 5 years when my MK1 RRoDd
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#69HENTAIDOJIPosted 12/3/2013 12:49:23 PM
Npd preview for gentlemen.

Xbone US sales (plus canada) closely resemble ps4 global sales.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#70ssjgohhkuPosted 12/3/2013 2:10:54 PM
Never.