Is AC4 worth a second try (Finished ac4 on 360)

#1Bs-KILLPosted 12/2/2013 8:36:52 PM
I was panning to buy a PS4 but I got an Xbox one instead since most of my friends cancelled their pre-orders on ps4 due to the long wait required and the only game they want is killzone,

Back to the topic title..

Is AC4 worth a second purchase?
For those who own this game on Xbox one, does the graphics significantly improve when compared to the 360/ps3 ver.? (Im not a graphics wh*re but I have standards for this gen)

I can't tell when watching on youtube since the site has a crappy quality even at 1080p..

Also hows Ryse.?
Is it repetitive as the told by the reviewers?
Is it worth getting?

I need to ask on someone who actually played it

I need 2 more launch titles since Killer Instinct is the only one I have right now..

Sorry for the heaps of question. thanks.
#2Masterchief5525Posted 12/2/2013 8:51:39 PM
I have Ryse I find it fun but repetitive depending on the person it may or may not be worth 60 in their eyes.

As for AC I haven't tried the last Gen versions but this one has a slight upgrade in resolution along with more partial effects and some extra stuff here and there. If you enjoyed it and want to play a slightly improved version id say go for it.
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#3Foxx3kPosted 12/2/2013 8:58:44 PM
Ryse will be a great budget title one day.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4Da7thsignPosted 12/2/2013 8:59:45 PM
AC4 i personally would just wait it out another month or two, those games NEVER hold value so i expect it to be at that 29.99-39.99 spot very soon so if you must play it again just wait.

Ryse is just a beautiful game and that alone is the reason most will buy the game. As far as the gameplay is concerned it does get a bit repetitive but it does have some pretty big scale combat sequences and minigames to break up the monotony, just imagine Dynasty Warriors but ancient rome setting.
---
There are only two types of people in this world, the righteous who think they are sinners, and the sinners who think they are righteous
#5Bs-KILL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:01:01 PM
Masterchief5525 posted...
I have Ryse I find it fun but repetitive depending on the person it may or may not be worth 60 in their eyes.

As for AC I haven't tried the last Gen versions but this one has a slight upgrade in resolution along with more partial effects and some extra stuff here and there. If you enjoyed it and want to play a slightly improved version id say go for it.

So not that much?
I was hoping that its a massive improvement in that area,,

How about Dead Rising 3 mate?

Never played the previous titles. Will I miss anything If I went straight to this one?
#6ccjjPosted 12/2/2013 9:08:49 PM
I played about halfway through the ps3 version and bought the xbox one version.

Graphically it is stunning and a decent step up from ps3 IMO. Obviously is it the same game
and models, but the texture detail, lighting, weather and particles make it look stunning. Oh, and
the ocean looks way more realistic. Draw distance is improved and the lag in big cities and when fighting ship to ship is gone.

Gameplay and content wise, it is the same game. So, if you think you could do it all again then I
think it is certainly worth it.
#7CrazyGuy1628Posted 12/2/2013 9:10:42 PM
Dead rising is pretty Awesome. Its the best out of the 3 imo. I had a blast playing single player and coop and I Played all three and didnt really pay attention to the story after beating it twice, but I did notice characters from all 3 tho. I had the most fun just making weapons and killing my way to lvl 50 so I would have to say its a must buy.
#8Bs-KILL(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:20:01 PM
ccjj posted...
I played about halfway through the ps3 version and bought the xbox one version.

Graphically it is stunning and a decent step up from ps3 IMO. Obviously is it the same game
and models, but the texture detail, lighting, weather and particles make it look stunning. Oh, and
the ocean looks way more realistic. Draw distance is improved and the lag in big cities and when fighting ship to ship is gone.

Gameplay and content wise, it is the same game. So, if you think you could do it all again then I
think it is certainly worth it.

I know its the same game but I was pretty much interested on its visuals..
I cannot tell how good it is since youtube wont show its true quality..
Thats why I ask for people's experience, People who played this game on an HD TV..

Thats a good thing mate . :) I'll pick it up this upcoming friday

CrazyGuy1628 posted...
Dead rising is pretty Awesome. Its the best out of the 3 imo. I had a blast playing single player and coop and I Played all three and didnt really pay attention to the story after beating it twice, but I did notice characters from all 3 tho. I had the most fun just making weapons and killing my way to lvl 50 so I would have to say its a must buy.

So the game had a lots of replay value & has a grinding or leveling system?
Wow I thought the series was just a mindless HnS zombie filled game..

I might also pick this up on friday as my second game(not counting K.I)