Xbox One is great, but they rushed it out

#1LegionSoupPosted 12/2/2013 9:06:15 PM
Hear me out. I am loving my Xbox One so far. But they rushed it out, and in doing so, hurt the consumer base.

Killer Instinct was supposed to be free, but it's not free. You get the equivalent of a game demo. I sprung the extra $40 bucks and it still isn't a finished game (no arcade or story, modes they said they will add later). If your game isn't finished, don't rush it out in a panic to pad your launch library.

Same goes for Forza. 200 cars? Half the tracks? The killer for Forza to me is that to even beat the game completely, you have to buy cars that can race in certain events. The cars provided on the disk can't race in all of the events in the game. What a cheap money grab.

At least Dead Rising is a finished game, even if it looks like something from the last gen. And Ryse is finished and looks sweet (I actually love playing both Ryse and Dead Rising). I wish ALL of the launch games were...finished.

If it's not done, push it back. Do it right. You don't see a gimpy version of Infamous Second Son on the PS4 right now. Because it was pushed back to next year!
#2Foxx3kPosted 12/2/2013 9:08:49 PM
LegionSoup posted...
Hear me out. I am loving my Xbox One so far. But they rushed it out, and in doing so, hurt the consumer base.

Killer Instinct was supposed to be free, but it's not free. You get the equivalent of a game demo. I sprung the extra $40 bucks and it still isn't a finished game (no arcade or story, modes they said they will add later). If your game isn't finished, don't rush it out in a panic to pad your launch library.

Arbitrary definition of a completed game.

Same goes for Forza. 200 cars? Half the tracks? The killer for Forza to me is that to even beat the game completely, you have to buy cars that can race in certain events. The cars provided on the disk can't race in all of the events in the game. What a cheap money grab.

At least Dead Rising is a finished game, even if it looks like something from the last gen. And Ryse is finished and looks sweet (I actually love playing both Ryse and Dead Rising). I wish ALL of the launch games were...finished.

Arbitrary definition of a completed game. Also, arbitrary metric of game graphics.

If it's not done, push it back. Do it right. You don't see a gimpy version of Infamous Second Son on the PS4 right now. Because it was pushed back to next year!

Infamous Second Son was never announced as a launch title. That's the equivalent of saying "You don't see a gimped version of Halo 5 on the Xbox One right now because it was pushed back to next year!"
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3yiangaruuugaPosted 12/2/2013 9:09:43 PM
I'm fairly certain you don't have to buy cars at all for Forza, rather you can earn tokens to unlock the car, and these tokens may require, I don't know, dedication to earn.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#4LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:14:22 PM
Foxx3k posted...
LegionSoup posted...

Arbitrary definition of a completed game. Also, arbitrary metric of game graphics.

Infamous Second Son was never announced as a launch title. That's the equivalent of saying "You don't see a gimped version of Halo 5 on the Xbox One right now because it was pushed back to next year!"

How is Killer Instinct not being finished an "Arbitrary definition of a completed game?" when the developers themselves said arcade and story modes would be coming later because they couldn't finish them in time for release.

That is the definition of an unfinished game! That they need to finished it. lol

As for Forza and having to pay for cars to complete every racing event, go here and go to 3:45

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/efxmz3/forza-motorsport-5-review
#5Foxx3kPosted 12/2/2013 9:16:44 PM
LegionSoup posted...

How is Killer Instinct not being finished an "Arbitrary definition of a completed game?" when the developers themselves said arcade and story modes would be coming later because they couldn't finish them in time for release.

That is the definition of an unfinished game! That they need to finished it. lol

You call Ryse a finished game, yet it has content that has not been released yet. Care to revise your definition of a completed game? Like I said - you're using arbitrary definitions of what defines a completed game.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:18:48 PM
Foxx3k posted...
LegionSoup posted...

You call Ryse a finished game, yet it has content that has not been released yet. Care to revise your definition of a completed game? Like I said - you're using arbitrary definitions of what defines a completed game.

Ryse is a full came with all of the modes it is supposed to have. Everything that was planned for the retail version of the game is in there. KI doesn't have everything planned for the retail version. Are we really having this argument?
#7Dr WhoopassPosted 12/2/2013 9:21:04 PM
Ryse is a 5 hour game

Forza is a 100 hour game

da **** u sayin son
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#8Foxx3kPosted 12/2/2013 9:21:20 PM
LegionSoup posted...
Foxx3k posted...
LegionSoup posted...

Ryse is a full came with all of the modes it is supposed to have. Everything that was planned for the retail version of the game is in there. KI doesn't have everything planned for the retail version. Are we really having this argument?

This isn't quite an argument. It's more of me trying to push you to understand what you're actually saying.
---
#9LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:30:43 PM
Foxx3k posted...
LegionSoup posted...
Foxx3k posted...
LegionSoup posted...

This isn't quite an argument. It's more of me trying to push you to understand what you're actually saying.

What I'm actually saying is...I'm old. And I grew up playing games where you had to blow in the cartridges to get them to work. And if a game had a bug, that game was screwed forever. And whatever shipped is what you got.

And when I spend upwards of $700 dollars on a system and games, I feel I have the right, as a consumer, to have a product that doesn't need anything else added to it. As someone who bought the Xbox One and every disk-based exclusive (as well as Killer Instinct), it's just a bit disappointing that half the games I bought feel unfinished.
#10teehee23Posted 12/2/2013 9:32:29 PM
I agree, Xbox #1 and ps4 and Wii U were all rushed.
But that's a sign of the times.
I bought my cousins a Wii U six months after launch and couldn't believe it needed a GB+ update. Expected that kind of stuff from Microsoft and Sony but when Nintendo joined the cycle I knew that every console from this day forward would require constant updating.

Has its pros and cons.

Xbox #1 launch games are great but would be even better with another 6 months minimum development time but the powers that be make the rules and we just play the games and smile. Dead Rising 3 was already patched to stabilize the frame rate and much appreciated. Would have luved more characters for Killer Instinct but they're on the way.

Still, we agree many thing were rushed and could be much improved.
The good news is; Xbox #1 is great and will only get better.

Xbox #1... we hug it!
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful.
Our duty and destiny: to help make the world a better place. Amen.