Is the controller serial atached to the console like the kinect is?

#1YaLikeDagsPosted 12/2/2013 10:09:02 PM
Having issues with my Day One controller, so I'm going to try and get a replacement. Problem is, I'd hate for my serial numbers to not match the box or eachother if I get a replacement. ie, If I ever had to replace my console, I'd be bothered by my console having a different serial than what is on the box. OCD, maybe.

So I'm wondering, via the box or other means, is my particular controller serial attached to my Xbox One console in any way? I know the Kinect serial is paired with my console (both are on the sticker) so my parituclar kinect is meant to be with my particular console. Does the same apply to the controller or are those just randomly pulled and put into the box?
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#2Frost_LASERPosted 12/2/2013 10:18:45 PM
Yes every specific controllers serial number is attached by a high powered diamond printer laser, each controller is then tested with each xbox out on the moon base in crater Tycho to find the best compatibility pairing possible. Only after a compatible pair is found through an extensive process that can only be described as an electron level based "mind meld" are they eligible to be chosen by the high counsel consisting of Jesus, Captain Falcon, and Chuck Norris before being released into the wild consumer world. The original ONE controller can never be replaced the ONE will never be the same without its match.
#3plus1zeroPosted 12/3/2013 12:30:50 AM
No...you can buy separate controllers, you know? Like..it really doesn't matter in any single way whatsoever. That's why they sell them separately. Because people tend to break them much more than systems themselves.
#4FinzFan4lifePosted 12/3/2013 7:01:23 AM
Frost_LASER posted...
Yes every specific controllers serial number is attached by a high powered diamond printer laser, each controller is then tested with each xbox out on the moon base in crater Tycho to find the best compatibility pairing possible. Only after a compatible pair is found through an extensive process that can only be described as an electron level based "mind meld" are they eligible to be chosen by the high counsel consisting of Jesus, Captain Falcon, and Chuck Norris before being released into the wild consumer world. The original ONE controller can never be replaced the ONE will never be the same without its match.

I might be going out on a limb here but I feel this might just possibly be the best response I have ever read
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#5MrSpaM111Posted 12/3/2013 7:15:59 AM
If you need to get your console replaced you don't send them the controller anyway, you just send them the console
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628