My dealings with Xbox support so far (UK)

#1spikerules1Posted 12/3/2013 1:13:58 AM
First a little background on my experience with MS hardware. 5x Xbox 360 units faulty. On the Xbox One I now a faulty power supply that creates a hideous buzzing sound (and at one point would not power on my console) and dodgy TV connection on the Xbone. GREAT HARDWARE MS!

Xbox support has been abysmal. First I spend around 1 hour with the online chat rep only for them to tell me to ring and go through the exact same issues on the phone with someone else. At this point I'd come too far to give up, so I did as they asked.

Here is where it go interesting. So I call xbox support and explain about the power supply/console and was given the following options: -

1) Send back my console to Shopto.net
2) Send it back to MS and have the console returned in 10-14 days or
3) Advance exchange where they send you a console in 3-5 days and then return the faulty one.

I obviously went for option 3 (which puts a 430 hold on your card until they receive the faulty unit- not great at Xmas time) because I didn't want to be without a console. We went through the entire process for another 40 minutes on the phone until finally I asked the obvious question.

Me to rep "So you will send me a power supply and console in option 3" to which he replied "I just need to talk to my supervisor".

Another 5 mins go by and he returns and tells me that NO they will not send another power supply... I then go on to ask him how he and MS expect me to defy the laws of physics and power an electrical device without a power source, to which he tells me... "well you obviously can't go for option 3!

So basically it turns out that I spent around an hour or so on the phone (just to clarify - he knew of the faulty power supply from the start) only to be told I cannot go for the option I wanted. He then rubs salt on the wound and tells me I will need to PAY TO SEND THE POWER BRICK BACK MYSELF AND MS WILL NOT PAY FOR IT.

I then go on to ask if I at least get a free game like others have, yup you guessed the answer "no sir you do not get a free game".

Nice one MS you have lost a customer that has been loyal to you from the original xbox.
---
"Live in Ca. Gamespot screwed me too. I'm still walking funny."
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#2krystylaPosted 12/3/2013 1:18:19 AM
You have to deal with bad customer support with pretty much every tech company if it's not face to face. I actually had bad experiences with Sony customer support and good with MS support
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#3DeadLock25Posted 12/3/2013 1:22:01 AM(edited)
If they send you a new console with option 3 why would they NOT send you a power supply? Are they sending you an incomplete console?

This does not make much sense and your question was not even necessary if you began to go for option 3, at least from my understanding, or so I though. Why he even needs to talk to his supervisor about this is odd, because as I assumed the AE program gave you a brand new console.

Did you ask them why the would be sending you an incomplete console if you went for option 3?
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#4Laylow12Posted 12/3/2013 1:24:57 AM
Call back and speak to someone else; this sounds dodgy as heck.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:33:23 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
If they send you a new console with option 3 why would they NOT send you a power supply? Are they sending you an incomplete console?

This does not make much sense and your question was not even necessary if you began to go for option 3, at least from my understanding, or so I though. Why he even needs to talk to his supervisor about this is odd, because as I assumed the AE program gave you a brand new console.

Did you ask them why the would be sending you an incomplete console if you went for option 3?

They told me it would most likely be a refurbished console and not even a new one!
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#6spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:39:14 AM
krystyla posted...
You have to deal with bad customer support with pretty much every tech company if it's not face to face. I actually had bad experiences with Sony customer support and good with MS support

This may be true but I have never had to call Sony as their systems have never failed on me. I have owned an original day one JPN PS3 (imported to UK) from the very first week of PS3 release. I still have it and it still runs perfectly well.
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#7krystylaPosted 12/3/2013 1:41:11 AM
spikerules1 posted...
krystyla posted...

This may be true but I have never had to call Sony as their systems have never failed on me. I have owned an original day one JPN PS3 (imported to UK) from the very first week of PS3 release. I still have it and it still runs perfectly well.

Well my Sony Vaio broke after half a year and I had to pay to get the recovery discs myself, which were not included with the laptop on purchase
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#8RyuuHou25Posted 12/3/2013 1:43:29 AM
If you guys look at the returns page, they specifically say you are to return ONLY the console and/or Kinect depending on which has the issue.

They say nothing about faulty power bricks, and it's no surprise they would simply tell TC they have to return only that and pay for it on their own dime. Faulty power supplies are not a top priority of theirs, and the free games are ONLY for those with disc drive issues.

I'm surprised it took them this long just to tell you that directly TC.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#9spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:44:34 AM
krystyla posted...
spikerules1 posted...
krystyla posted...

Well my Sony Vaio broke after half a year and I had to pay to get the recovery discs myself, which were not included with the laptop on purchase

Again how does this involve this topic right now? This isn't Sony Vs MS - this is crap MS support on games consoles that are made like the equivalent of a 1950's Skoda.
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER
#10spikerules1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:46:55 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
If you guys look at the returns page, they specifically say you are to return ONLY the console and/or Kinect depending on which has the issue.

They say nothing about faulty power bricks, and it's no surprise they would simply tell TC they have to return only that and pay for it on their own dime. Faulty power supplies are not a top priority of theirs, and the free games are ONLY for those with disc drive issues.

I'm surprised it took them this long just to tell you that directly TC.

Well this is my point. They told me my options and added in an option which would have left me with a 430 hold on my card and in the same situation as if I went for option 2. As for not being surprised about making me pay to send the power supply back... well I FOR SURE AM. Faulty power still means faulty system as I can't use it properly without POWER.
---
RESIDENTEVILGAMER